Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 23 of 97 FirstFirst ... 13 22 23 24 33 73 ... LastLast

Thread: Boomerang 8.0 DIAMONDS Group

Wyoming in the summer, Florida in the winter
    Blog Entries

Lightbulb update

Just thought I had a good start on my stack no way! These names include rubies also 'cause it seems they want to know what I got from diamonds. Received F8's from scrapper, oldcatlady, and urgodschild. Sent home blocks to: 2-quiltermomma, 2-nexxus831, 2-felicia and moonwork42029. I had little things a crawlin' and bright mod colors running in my head all day. Received alot of potatoes from SheriR today, isn't she sweet, love them more in fabric than real life right now.
    Have got to make a baby quilt for a customer this weekend so it may be Monday before I start on my stack again, but I'm sure it will be a waitin' for me. Name:  DSCF0784.JPG
Views: 94
Size:  1.22 MBAlmost forgot, don't look or you'll see your blocks coming home. Sorry, haven't figured out how to put names on them on here. They're named in my computer but don't transfer with the pic. Any ideas?

Blog Entries
    Well, that block looks pretty familiar, birthday girl Nexxus! You have me totally hooked on getting myself some of that black Kona, it was sooo yummy to work with. I got f8's today from Scrapper and urgodschild2, finished grownup blocks for oldcatlady and pinklotus, to be mailed tomorrow. AND received a grownup block from goldendog55 (thank you so much Miss Judy!).
    So far the purple blocks are winging their way home really fast. So how come only 1 ladybug block has come home? I suspect you are all hoarding their cute faces in your stash, hoping I will forget them. There was a poem from my farback youth that went " ladybug, ladybug fly away home, your house is on fire and your children are gone.." Hmmm. Were they trying to terrify our young minds? Anyway, I'm onto your plan now, Dazzling Diamonds, so no "stashing" my ladybugs !
    May your blessings be many, your troubles few and your fabric stash endless!

Wait it is Marytoddliz block. Mona is wonderful to work with. Ughh I think I need a nap.
    Melinda
    Let us help a local QB member Elisabrat even a dollar can add up

http://www.youcaring.com/medical-fun...kidney-/144120

Cool Abby's Mom

Abby's Mom-

Mine went out some time ago. Maybe it is taking the scenic route. Did you get TheMamaHauser F8? It was visiting my house for a week or so and I send it out from my place at the same time I send you a sepperate envelop with my F8 in it. tea dyed Moda Muslin. send 8/25
    Anna Quilts

In today-

oldcatlady

From previous days-

Pinklotus
    Scrapper
    NanaKathy55
    SheriR
    Linda58
    OkDarla
    Nexxus831
    Quiltermomma
    joanelizbay
    goldendog55
    missgigglewingsgirlscouts1
    chewboo
    girlscouts1
    Abby's Mom
    Fraew
    Jaba-blue berries for me
    Elisabrat
    ljdugas31
    marytoddliz
    moonrise
    savannahrandons
    TheMamaHauser
    TwinRiverFarm
    Yosamitesa

Keep them coming. I made 14 blocks sofar. They will probably all go out in a mass mailing.
    Last edited by Annaquilts; 08-30-2012 at 04:37 PM.
    Anna Quilts

Received F8s today from urgodschild2 and scrapper. Will start on them Tuesday evening (4-day holiday weekend coming up - woo hoo!).

I also received this gorgeous block from Abby'smom! Thanks so much!

Name:  boomerang8-received-abbysmom.JPG
Views: 92
Size:  256.7 KB
    Have a wonderful day! If you need to contact me, please use the e-mail address on my profile page. Sometimes I don't get notifications that I have a PM here. Please note that I'm usually unavailable on weekends, but I'll get back to you on Monday.

Nexxus831 - I am so sorry - your f8 is here - all matched up with the fabric I plan to use for your block -- I didn't mark it off on my list. Again, my apologies!

Set out to work on my squares. I finished 4 I thought. when I took the pictures of them I realized that I had put a square in upside down on Themamahauser square. so back to the drawing board on that one. easy fix. I had to stop working on the garlic. The pattern I picked out had something wrong with it. One of the patterns was the wrong size so I had to figure out how to correct it. then i couldn't find the material that I chose to go with it. It's a wholde yard of material so not like something small that you could lose sight of. So I guess the little gremlins came in the night and took it to play with. I'll have to catch them tonight. I am putting pictures of my squares in an album on my profile page and is you are so incline to want to peek a head of time...go for it. although yesterday I couldn't upload anything because they said they were busy. So right now the album is blank.
    I did finish Fraew, Nexxus831 and ljdugas.Will mail lthem out tomorrow with Chewboo and Charlottemarie's squares.
    Got a F8 from Roseysue.
    Dreaming of New England while being stuck in So. Calif.(the asphalt jungle of the world.) But hey the Happiest Place on Earth is here.

Hi Annaquilts - I triple checked my envelopes . I do not have one from you. TheMamaHauser F8 arrived on the
    28th. We'll give this a few days...does the PO still backstamp envelopes that are sent somewhere else first? It will be interesting to see where it's been. I'll keep you posted.

Blog Entries
    Madam Nexxus, I just finished your block. I went with a "safe" red/white/black theme for bright colors since I didn't want to upset any genders.

I have to say that I had so much fun making yours, I might just use the pattern again during this swap.

(I've got a picture down in my signature - it's under "Preview.")
    Mischief Managed.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE my block! Thank you so much

Quote Originally Posted by moonrise View Post
    F8s received today from ... and grown-up blocks going home in the morning to:

PinkLotus
    OldCatLady

Pics in sig line if you want to peek.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Elisabrat View Post
    my new sewing machine
    {ahem} Pics or it didn't happen.
    Mischief Managed.

Blog Entries
    LOL< Kelly you crack me up! I received 3 grown up blocks from Urgodschild, Fraew, and Joanelizebay....

I also found a note on the floor to my sewing room... It says "Please use Light Pinks, Yellows, or Greens... think Romantic, the note was from Joan... I see I have sent your block back, I sure hope that is what I did, I can't remember seeing this note before, but not to worry I could not remember my husbands name a little while ago! Side effects from headache med (I hope LOL)

I received F8's from Mosher, Oldcatlady, and Pinklotus... And moving right along tomorrow morning 3 grown up blocks going home to Sustraley, Jaba, and SheriR. and maybe a few more depending on my energy level tonight!

(SheriR I am cheating, sending your finished block with the candy order, it was supposed to go out today but missed the witching hour for the PO)

ps Pictures coming and going will be in my album later, My camera is charging...Again!
    Give a smile away today, someone you meet might need one!

received F8s from:

Nexxus831 - 2nd one
    Scrapper
    savannahrandons

Today I received beautiful blocks from jaba and joanelizbay. I love love love them! Thank you girls so much!
    I received an F8 from oldcatlady. Thanks everyone!
    Life is Good!

Visit my blog, closed the website:

http://charlottescreationsanew.blogspot.com/

ok no photos yet but I did receive this amazing plethura of blocks in the mail over the last day and a half and am so thrilled its goofy to watch me YOU GOT MAIL YOU GOT MAIL doing that little dance kids do when its their turn next to open a present.

Here are the senders in the order I opened them: Joan B. a great 'picture this' block - sorry the list my hubby printed for me is at 65 percent even with glasses I can not read it.. , Marytoddliz lovely little bit of sunshine there , urgodschild2 with hand embroidered bee's, moonrise with a center beehive and bee embroidery , twinriverfalls beehive bees with beehive honey fabric, roseysue bees in their holiday splendor, kelly Triple R rated tree branch and hive

Fabric in: Pink lotus with note, Mary C in Canada with note, old cat lady (gotta check is there a note?), anaquilts fabric withnote and fabric received without note (if your name is here please advise me what you would like): nanakathy, and thats all folks! Charlotte Marie thank you your blocks are done and will go in tomorrows mail.

If you have not got my fabric by now you should have. Please let me know and I will resend fabric to you hey if you get two well I guess... ok ok guess I cant send everyone an extra piece and get away with that one.. shoot it sounded so good too.
    Linda
    Here today... why what a lucky bunch we are.

This is my first squishy and it came back from Marytoddliz.

Name:  DSC_0168.JPG
Views: 82
Size:  323.6 KB
    Last edited by urgodschild2; 08-30-2012 at 07:33 PM.
    Dreaming of New England while being stuck in So. Calif.(the asphalt jungle of the world.) But hey the Happiest Place on Earth is here.

I received two more F8's today, Scrapper and oldcatlady. I also received my FIRST grown up block. Thank you moonrise!! I LOVE IT. I'm on the wrong pc to post a picture. I will tomorrow!!

@Marytoddliz...HAHA --->(SheriR I am cheating, sending your finished block with the candy order, it was supposed to go out today but missed the witching hour for the PO). That will be a FUN package! "Candy" AND a squishy!!! It isn't cheating though, it's just plain smart! Thanks
    SheriR~

~If you can't turn the corners of your mouth up...let the middle sag!~

"Be not afraid, only believe."

Blog Entries
    i've sent out the f8's, hope they arrive soon! will be doing blocks sporadically. today i rec'd a mangled envelope, but the fabric was fine, and one other f8. will have to check my list in the other room.
    The only bad days are the ones you don't get.

Blog Entries
    Daily squishy report:
    F8s received from oldcatlady and PinkLotus

Block received from Roseysue. Thank you.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Fraew

"I don't buy vintage quilts. By the time I finish the quilts I've started they've already become antiques." ~ Mark Lipinski
    Link to my albums: http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...85-albums.html

Update: I received F8's from

oldcatlady
    scrapper
    urgodschild2
    Linda58

"A human being has a natural desire to have more of a good thing than he needs." --Mark Twain

Morning! how are all of you doing today?? its sorta cooler which is a true blessing. I love cool fall weather. Soon, its coming, cant wait to want to wear a sweater lol.. now a tank top is a bit too warm and too old to go with anything less hows that for a morning image..

today I think will be a great sewing day. Templates in hand it should work. Did four square blocks last night and once again they worked. Kind of a framed hourglass. Maybe jacobs ladder next.. afraid of all those blocks just that many more ways I can lose a smidgen of an inch and not get my block right.

I have a question, am I the only one who is measuring to the exact? I do send a note, ie on Jabas sorry Jaba where it is 1/4 inch short .. I felt it was alright since she said she was making placemats but I might be horribly wrong there. I plan to make a redemption block of the correct size with the scraps I have. Boy this size thing is hard work maybe the new machine will improve that a tad. I notice my foot jumps a bit ? like its not down firmly even though its been put down. Old machines are not all that .. but it beats my hand sewing all your blocks.. I can do that but not nearly close enough together, like 8 stitches an inch which is not good. Too hard to see the hole in the shorts and that threader thing? if you cant see the hole how do you use your easy threader? argh.
    Linda
    Here today... why what a lucky bunch we are.

Smile My records of activity of blocks

Hi everyone,
    Sorry for not writing sooner. I've been busy checking in F8's and making blocks. Well here goes:

All this is according to my records. If it doesn't agree with yours, please let me know. I have mailed all my F8,s except 10 that the post office keeps sending back. I think I have it resolved with the PO -finally!!

F8's received- Diamonds
    Abby's Mom
    AnnaQuilts
    Charlottemarie
    Chewboo
    Elisbrat
    Fraew
    goldendog55
    jaba
    joanelizbay
    Linda58
    ljudas31
    Lv2sew2011
    marytoddiz
    moonrise
    TheMammaHauser
    TwinRiversFarm
    Yosamitesa

Blocks I have made and mailed:

AnnaQuilts
    CharlotteMarie
    Eisabrat
    Fraew
    Linda58
    marytoddiz
    babyruth
    calquiter
    dotcomdcm
    savannahrandons

Blocks I have recieved:

goldendog55
    jaba
    ljdugas31and
    TwinRiversFarm

MUST BE A PART OF MY ADDRESS OR I MAY NOT RECEIVE

There is something VERY IMPORTANT I NEED YOU TO KNOW.

I live in a mobile home park and each home has a SPACE #. My SPACE # is 115
    Roseysue

[QUOTE=Elisabrat;5480939].

I have a question, am I the only one who is measuring to the exact?

Hi Linda,

I think most all of us cope with that. I know when I am sewing I am always busy with that and my blocks are not perfect either. I am always measuring and at times taking out. You do the best you can do. If the blocks chronicaly run smaller try and focus on a scant quarter inch seam when you are piecing. If the block made for me is only 1/4 in. too small don't fret about it and just send it. I am sure it will not be the only one.
    Anna Quilts

Blog Entries
    Received in the mail over last two days. I have been busy, just out longarming my last six to get done for UFOs so I can work on your blocks. Have to be done with two of them because show is on Tuesday so I need to sit and do binding and I am going to do them the Sharon Schamber way, glue.

Received f8 from:
    oldcatlady
    pinklotus
    sustraley
    scrapper

Received grown up blocks from:
    themamhauser
    twinriversfarm
    joan

will post photos when I get my ufos done. They are very pretty and just right for the 30s. Great job girls.
    Life is short, live it while you still can. QuilterMomma

Page 23 of 97 FirstFirst ... 13 22 23 24 33 73 ... LastLast