Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 24 of 97 FirstFirst ... 14 23 24 25 34 74 ... LastLast

Thread: Boomerang 8.0 DIAMONDS Group

hey Jaba,

you are so funny! I recieved your blocks today. Just wonderfull, both of them. One problem, they are both done in the Diamand material. I gave you extra in case you needed a redo. Different fabric is on its way to you for the Rubies group. What would you like me to do with the extra block? You did give me a good chuckle though, sorry for the confussion

Quote Originally Posted by TwinRiverFarm View Post
    Well, that block looks pretty familiar, birthday girl Nexxus! You have me totally hooked on getting myself some of that black Kona, it was sooo yummy to work with. .
    Oh thank you for clarifying this for me. I have been exhausted lately and getting a little confused. I love working with Kona. It is my favorite. I am glad you enjoyed working with it.
    Melinda
    Let us help a local QB member Elisabrat even a dollar can add up

http://www.youcaring.com/medical-fun...kidney-/144120

@ Abby'sMom...I am glad you were able to find the f8th. I have been having my own issues with marking stuff off also.

@Roseysue...have you received my f8th. I don't see my name on your list anywhere.

@themamahauser.....oh your so lovely...I will probably end up giving the quilt to one of my daughters friends that is in need of a pick me up to know that she/he is loved.

I ended up falling asleep at 5pm yesterday and woke up at 10pm took my nightly pills, had a snack. Then fell immediatly back to sleep until 10am this morning. I think I was exhausted.

I am glad I joined this swap you ladies are wonderful.
    Melinda
    Let us help a local QB member Elisabrat even a dollar can add up

http://www.youcaring.com/medical-fun...kidney-/144120

My first grown up block came home from moonrise. Thank you! It is so pretty. I am off to a good start.

Todays F8 came from Roseysue

From previous days-

oldcatlady
    Pinklotus
    Scrapper
    NanaKathy55
    SheriR
    Linda58
    OkDarla
    Nexxus831
    Quiltermomma
    joanelizbay
    goldendog55
    missgigglewingsgirlscouts1
    chewboo
    girlscouts1
    Abby's Mom
    Fraew
    Jaba-blue berries for me
    Elisabrat
    ljdugas31
    marytoddliz
    moonrise
    savannahrandons
    TheMamaHauser
    TwinRiverFarm
    Yosamitesa

Keep them coming. I made 17 blocks sofar. They will probably all go out in a mass mailing.
    Last edited by Annaquilts; 08-31-2012 at 12:55 PM.
    Anna Quilts

received F8's from

nancia
    urgodschild2

Elisabrat - there was supposed to be a note in with my F8. I believe you received a black and white print. I would like black and/or white fabric in a solid or tone on tone, can use a touch of red. If you don't have any of those just use something you have, I'm sure I'll love it

Question for anyone, where can I find some nice white fabric? The ones at Joann's is not what I'm looking for. I've used their's before but what I don't understand is prints on other colored fabrics are dyed in, the tone on tone prints on white has a rubbery texture, I know it would be hard to see a white print on white but couldn't you use like a white and a super white or something. I've even had the rubbery print scorch when I tried to iron it. Is there a better quality white print or tone on tone out there? and where do you get it? thanks for any info.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by oldcatlady View Post
    Is there a better quality white print or tone on tone out there? and where do you get it? thanks for any info.
    You might look at the Fat Quarter Shop website. Another great one is The Quilting Hen website; that one is actually local to me but they have an awesome site with a huge variety.
    Mischief Managed.

Received F8 from oldcatlady and roseysue. Got 2 grown up blocks from nexxus!!!

Blog Entries
    I mailed my F8s out today along with the 6 blocks I had finished...hope you like them.
    "Make new friends but keep the old, one is silver and the other gold" - Friends on this Quilting Board are treasures indeed!

I received 3 completed blocks from this group today. Goldendog55, marytoddliz, and Twinriverfarm. The are fantastic you girls outdid yourselves! I love them!
    Life is Good!

Visit my blog, closed the website:

http://charlottescreationsanew.blogspot.com/

OK girls, I am sending blocks out tomorrow for the following diamonds:
    Elisabrat, goldendog55, jaba, ljdugas31. missgigglewings, Nexxus831 savannahrandons, and TheMamaHauser. More to come as soon as I trim and put in the envelopes.
    Life is Good!

Visit my blog, closed the website:

http://charlottescreationsanew.blogspot.com/

Wyoming in the summer, Florida in the winter
    Blog Entries

update

Like I said before, working on a customer's custom baby quilt, it's drawn out and on paper, cut tomorrow and start sewing, Sunday hopefully on the quilting table and quilted, then 2-3 nights hand binding and in the mail by Thursday or Friday. Whew 1 week to spare, anyway that's the plan, but it better be close.
    savannarandon got your F8 for the rubies group today in the mail, no problem I'll make another one, oh and if you like what I sent before no problem keep it use it....I have pretty much always made 2 blocks for everyone but this time is a little different, signed up for 2 groups, what the h___ was I thinking???? Must have had a very dense day but it's still fun, just drives me crazy that I have a stack of envelopes from Name:  DSCF0785.JPG
Views: 98
Size:  1.24 MBhell and back starring at me. Roseysue I did not have your space number but have added it to my list. Thanks for the heads up./
    Twinriverfarms you are absolutely toooooo funny!! Your stash was perfect!!! Hubby standing here when I opened it and said what's for dinner? I was looking and trying to think of a quick 1 pot dinner, hardly no mesh and easy clean-up. Stash was perfect, I love it and thank you so much!!

Sending Blocks out to:
    Themamahauser
    charlottemarie
    chewboo
    Jaba
    Fraew
    ljdugas31
    Nexxus 831
    Dreaming of New England while being stuck in So. Calif.(the asphalt jungle of the world.) But hey the Happiest Place on Earth is here.

Now I am getting worrried. I mailed out about 16 F8 on the 23rd and so far I have not heard if the following have received them.

annaQuilts
    Daisey
    ljdugas
    missgigglewings
    SheriR
    Tam...Moo

Please let me know....ok?
    Dreaming of New England while being stuck in So. Calif.(the asphalt jungle of the world.) But hey the Happiest Place on Earth is here.

My first grown up block came home from moonrise. Thank you! It is so pretty. I am off to a good start.

Todays F8 came from Roseysue

From previous days-
    urgodschild
    oldcatlady
    Pinklotus
    Scrapper
    NanaKathy55
    SheriR
    Linda58
    OkDarla
    Nexxus831
    Quiltermomma
    joanelizbay
    goldendog55
    missgigglewingsgirlscouts1
    chewboo
    girlscouts1
    Abby's Mom
    Fraew
    Jaba-blue berries for me
    Elisabrat
    ljdugas31
    marytoddliz
    moonrise
    savannahrandons
    TheMamaHauser
    TwinRiverFarm
    Yosamitesa

Keep them coming. I made 19 blocks sofar. They will probably all go out in a mass mailing.

I made grown up blocks for-
    missgigglewings
    nanakathy55
    SheriR
    CharlotteMarie
    Elisabrat
    Savannahrandons
    TheMamaHauser
    ljdugas31
    TwinriverFarm
    goldendog55
    MarytoddLiz
    moonrise
    Yosamitesa
    Quiltermomma
    Fraew
    urgodschild2
    Abby'sMom
    Nexxus831
    girlscout1

I have not send any home yet as I have had no time yet. I also still need to take pictures. I did want you to know something is happening and blocks are being made at the rate of 1 to 3 a day on average. I am having a lot of fun and will post when I got pictures up and when I will do a mass shipment of grown up blocks.

There are a couple of F8 missing and there are several people who still need my F8. They all went out some time ago but I will give the mail some time.

Thank you for posting urgodschild. I apparently did not post I got your F8 but as you can see I already made the grown up block.
    Last edited by Annaquilts; 08-31-2012 at 08:27 PM.
    Anna Quilts

grr just wrote a post, added pics then it says message to short please something 10 characters,lol Me not use enough characters? it did not say that/ yes yes it did. Did it post my message hell no. So short of it is love the blocks I am receiving, all the pics are now in my album. With luck I can now add some here if I write something book like and also before i go get lost in post it land there was a question on what white fabric do you use?

I like Moda white on whites, white of course and also Robert Kaufmans whites they are true white and well both are good moderately not over priced whites. Jo Anns has sewing fabric and it is not quilting fabric.Its better grade than walmarts but its not quilting grade fabric either. Not everyone can afford high end quilt store fabric which is understandable. White however tends not to be pricey at all and high end fabric in white can still be bought at like 5-6 a yard if its solid. So invest a tiny bit more especially as you noticed in stuff where it is really going to stand out.. just a theory. I cant always use it either but its a good theory

post it time
    Linda
    Here today... why what a lucky bunch we are.

photos of blocks received

Here they are, in theory if the computer lets me load!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Linda

But wait theres more beautiful blocks on the way for display! thank you all of you who made these I truly appreciate your kindness and time.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Linda

Quote Originally Posted by urgodschild2 View Post
    Now I am getting worrried. I mailed out about 16 F8 on the 23rd and so far I have not heard if the following have received them.

annaQuilts
    Daisey
    ljdugas
    missgigglewings
    SheriR
    Tam...Moo

Please let me know....ok?
    Yes yes see post 503(I think) you are my block #24. ;D
    SheriR~

~If you can't turn the corners of your mouth up...let the middle sag!~

"Be not afraid, only believe."

Blog Entries
    OK...I usually do not complain (SheriR might disagree) but I just have to say it. I got up early, got the kids ready and off to multiple schools, drove an hour to work, worked for 10 hours and drove an hour home...looking forward to squishies.

THERE WERE NO SQUISHIES TODAY!!!

People, what's up with that? The thought of squishy mail gets me through the day. Oh well...there's always tomorrow.

Send the squishes, or else!

missgigglewings - squishy headed your way tomorrow, preview in my sig
    Fraew

"I don't buy vintage quilts. By the time I finish the quilts I've started they've already become antiques." ~ Mark Lipinski
    Link to my albums: http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...85-albums.html

Blog Entries
    i've sent out all but 2 f8's, and only one has been rec'd? also, what's with the p.o. on these things? they either want to charge you 3X's what it's worth, and then they don't deliver. in short, no squishies today!! is it an epidemic??
    The only bad days are the ones you don't get.

nancia, let me check...nope, not yet. Maybe today...

Blog Entries
    Maybe the PO's will just dump a million squishies on us today so that they don't need to deal with them on Tuesday!

I hate the whole no-mail-on-holidays thing. I know my mailman needs a day off. I just wish I could go volunteer to sort everything out at our local PO so that I could at least get mine on the off-days.
    Mischief Managed.

Blog Entries
    @TwinRiversFarm... your block is in the mail today There's a peek below.
    Mischief Managed.

Blog Entries
    @LjDugas 31, your block is also in the mail... picture in the signature.
    Mischief Managed.

Blog Entries
    Yesterday I got squishies from Nancia and Sustraley, grown up blocks from jaba and joanelizbay (both works of art! thank you so much), and mailed grownup blocks to pinklotus , Ok Darla, Annaquilts and oldcatlady. Finished blocks for scrapper and urgodschild, they will get mailed on tuesday. This is going by so fast... what am I going to look forward to for the rest of the 4 months?
    May your blessings be many, your troubles few and your fabric stash endless!

Page 24 of 97 FirstFirst ... 14 23 24 25 34 74 ... LastLast