Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 43 of 48 FirstFirst ... 33 42 43 44 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,075 of 1200

Thread: Boomerang 8.0 RUBIES Group

Quote Originally Posted by jaba View Post
    Doghousemom I just ordered the book, gotta' try this, it is amazing!!
    Good for you!!

Another hint ... try the technique first on a smaller piece of fabric before you do a large panel (like I did!). I used a 9.5" piece of fabric to make Teresa's block which finished somewhere in the neighborhood of 13.5" if I remember correctly. I left her block un-trimmed so she could center it where ever she wanted to.
    May your stitches always be straight, your seams always lie flat, and your grain never be biased against you.

Sue

WOW!!! this is truly STUNNING!!!!

what a fabulous block!!!
    i also say frame it!!!

you lucky lucky lady!!!
    Jacquie xxxxx

Quilters aren't greedy, they're just materialistic.

"Don't be pushed by your problems, be led by your dreams."
    -Ralph Waldo Emerson

I just ordered it also. I also ordered '200 Blocks from Quiltmaker Magazine: Original Patterns from Today's Top Designers (That Patchwork Place)' in order to get free shipping and I missed getting Vol. 1, 2 and 3 in the quiltmaker's blocks books.

awesome block!

It must be the day for ordering books from projects we've seen on QB. I ordered a book that I never thought I would get. I dislike QAYG and I dislike rag quilts ... but saw one today on QB and liked it way too much!!
    May your stitches always be straight, your seams always lie flat, and your grain never be biased against you.

Sue

Wyoming in the summer, Florida in the winter
    Blog Entries
    I think I know the quilt you are talking about I think, I saw it and really liked it too but still not hooked on making one. You can make me one if you need practice, I'll send you fabric too!!! Serious thank so much for the hint, it might be awhile before I do it, finally started on my embroidery machine today that I have had forever and I'm in love.It scared me to death for some reason, but now I have all kinds of ideas floating in my head.

I can say I have done one thing in fracturing, it was so much fun, but I won't do it again unless the fabric is exceptional, as Teresas fabric is. It is just beautiful, wonderful job.
    Gramma to Isabella and NEW baby brother Enzo!

Beautiful blocks and I love the fractured block!!
    Here are pictures of the blocks I have received so far:
    They are in order from left to right top to bottom (I hope)
    Buddy'sMom, CharlotteMarie
    Elisabrat, DogHouseMom
    Phannie1, Moonwork
    Jacquie, immemother
    ctmhjenn
    I love them all! Thank you so much!!
    Hugs
    April
    Attached Images Attached Images

Wyoming in the summer, Florida in the winter
    Blog Entries
    April, you have received my blocks haven't you? I sent you 2 for this swap...I haven't received any back from you for this or for diamonds

I love all your blocks April..this should be a very striking quilt.

Whew! Finished my last 4 blocks today
    Going in the mail tomorrow are blocks for:
    jacquie
    buddy'smom
    immemother
    DogHouseMom

Have not received fabric from:
    Lovingizabella (have heard it's on it's way)
    savannahrandons

Have not received blocks from:
    jacquie (have heard it's on it's way)
    Lovingizabella (have heard it's on it's way)
    Phannie1
    savannahrandons

No rush, just trying to make sure I'm keeping everyone straight. Please let me know if I am mistaken, so I can convene a search party.
    Will take a pic of all my blocks tomorrow when there's some natural light. Can't wait to see them all together.

Quote Originally Posted by jaba View Post
    April, you have received my blocks haven't you? I sent you 2 for this swap...I haven't received any back from you for this or for diamonds
    Oye! You are so right and I am so sorry!! I did receive the two blocks from you thank you so much!!
    I am working on my side swap blocks now so you should have that one soon. I did mail the one for this group and I thought you had said you received it. My chart is at work which is where I mail from but this is the one I sent.

Joanie-Yes it is going to be a quite lovely quilt! I am so excited about it.

Teresa You have your notations on me correct :-/

As of right now I am showing I need blocks from the following:

Anastasia
    NYGal
    OK Darla
    Savanahrandons
    travelinggramma

The only block I have left for this group is buddy'smom and it is almost done

Hugs
    April
    Last edited by LovingIzabella; 12-02-2012 at 07:48 PM.

yyyeeeeaaaaahhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!

huge cheer from me!!!!
    i have now finished ALL of my blocks and have the last 4 into the post!!!!!!

blocks sending out to...
    'ctmhjenn',
    'phannie1',
    'savannahrandons',
    'tlambing'.

'last 2' blocks i'm waiting for...
    'savannahrandons',
    'tlambing'.
    Jacquie xxxxx

Quilters aren't greedy, they're just materialistic.

"Don't be pushed by your problems, be led by your dreams."
    -Ralph Waldo Emerson

It's on it's way Jacquie! It was my favorite of my work yesterday by the way! Mailing it today

Quote Originally Posted by jacquie View Post
    yyyeeeeaaaaahhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!

huge cheer from me!!!!
    i have now finished ALL of my blocks and have the last 4 into the post!!!!!!

blocks sending out to...
    'ctmhjenn',
    'phannie1',
    'savannahrandons',
    'tlambing'.

'last 2' blocks i'm waiting for...
    'savannahrandons',
    'tlambing'.

April - I sent you this block - before your op - hope you can find it - I don't have any leftovers from your F8 to make another
    Quilting as I go traveling down the road

Count your blessings, not your problems.

Just received in todays mail - not one but two from cthmJenn - love them = thank you so much
    I have all mine sent so if someone doesn't have one let me know,
    I am still missing OKDarla and Savannarandons.

Soooo - when is the next swap start!!
    Quilting as I go traveling down the road

Count your blessings, not your problems.

Janet I do not remember seeing that one and it is quite beautiful!!! I am sure hubby put it somewhere . No worries I know it will be located if here. Thank you so much for posting a picture.
    Hugs
    April

Holy cripes where the sam heck have i been?! wow.. I'm sorry ya'll, I still have 6 blocks total to finish. Well.. April's I just have to put a few leaves and a face on her peacock and it's done. I'm just being incredibly lazy. Another one I am just dreading starting cause it's more applique and well I've decided me and applique are not good friends.. Another is cut out, I just need to zip it together. One the fabric has gone walk-about on me and I have no idea where it is, don't know if I ever received it or not, can't find it anywhere, and it was a side swap. I have received some blocks back recently and I'm sorry I'm just so darned drained lately to do much of anything productive. I'm marking them, but it's just too much effort at the moment to do anything more than i am. Don't know whats wrong with me lately. Just started a new job 3 weeks ago. Night shift.. and school. So the goal is, bang the rest of these out after Finals are over in 2 weeks. Kinda sick of these hanging over my head making me feel all guilty. Evil talking fabric. Can't it see I'm trying to survive the math class of doom? hehe. Soon as I figure out where I've misplaced my brain and my energy I will post all the blocks I got and who I got them from. K? I loves them, they're all really pretty. I'm just.. MIA.
    I'm so tired of being tired.
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

My last two went in the mail yesterday. Even with my hectic quilting schedule, I got these done,and I have enjoyed it. I am not inventive as some of you gals are, you are extremely talented, but I am not an artist or even have a creative bone in my body, i just follow directions pretty well lol...with that said, I will consider the next swap, if Kimberly talks me into it...stay happy sewing. Joanie

Oh yes Joanie, PLEASE stay. Love ya,
    MEEEEEEEEEEEEE
    buddy'smom
    April's mom
    Tara's mom

Well I found a block from NYGal and it is wonderful thank you so much! I still have not come across one from you Janet but don't fret I'll continue to look

Now I need:

Anastasia
    OK Darla
    Savanahrandons
    travelinggramma

I have reached out to Savanah. If I do not hear from her soon I will give her a call this weekend.
    Hugs
    April

Quote Originally Posted by LovingIzabella View Post
    Well I found a block from NYGal and it is wonderful thank you so much! I still have not come across one from you Janet but don't fret I'll continue to look

Now I need:

Anastasia
    OK Darla
    Savanahrandons
    travelinggramma

I have reached out to Savanah. If I do not hear from her soon I will give her a call this weekend.
    Hugs
    April
    So glad you found my block. I sent them all out LONG ago.
    When it seems like the world is falling to pieces remember that the pieces are falling into place. We are nearing closer to the End Times.

I got a block of kitties today from CtmhJenn. I love the basket of kitties! It is going to be such a cute quilt. (will do a picture later. got a quilt top to finish.)

April I have to say when you sent that fabric I thought what the heck will this turn out to?? and now I see all your blocks together like that and it makes sense. I like it alot and Tlambing your block to April is great. what pattern is that one? next up is the fractured quilt block absolutely put it behind glass. spacers between glass and fabric and it will last a lifetime. that was a real gift. wow.

I might have to borrow thebook after you make ten or fifteen Jaba! by the time I pick out fabric you are so fast at turning a half dozen of something out. sheesh! And cmj thanks for the update.
    Linda
    Here today... why what a lucky bunch we are.

I'd love to take credit for the beautiful/creative block to April....Brat, but it wasn't me. Still waiting on her pesky little feathers to hit my mail box! I hear lots of blocks (and the remaining f8) are on their way

Quote Originally Posted by Elisabrat View Post
    April I have to say when you sent that fabric I thought what the heck will this turn out to?? and now I see all your blocks together like that and it makes sense. I like it alot and Tlambing your block to April is great. what pattern is that one? next up is the fractured quilt block absolutely put it behind glass. spacers between glass and fabric and it will last a lifetime. that was a real gift. wow.

I might have to borrow thebook after you make ten or fifteen Jaba! by the time I pick out fabric you are so fast at turning a half dozen of something out. sheesh! And cmj thanks for the update.

I still have a few blocks to sew.
    Adulthood - when you wake up from a nightmare and realize there is no bigger bed to climb into

Page 43 of 48 FirstFirst ... 33 42 43 44 ... LastLast