Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boomerang 9.0 PACIFIC O Group Thread >

Boomerang 9.0 PACIFIC O Group Thread

Boomerang 9.0 PACIFIC O Group Thread

Old 04-11-2013, 05:18 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by urgodschild2 View Post
Alikat....I worked on your block today. I picked a really challenging block from the 501 Rotary Cutter Blocks. It is called unnamed star. WEll 90% of the blocks in this book give directions for up to a 12 inch block. The other 10% goes up to 14 inches. Well you can guess that I didn't check and so I have the most gorgeous 14 inch block with perfect points. SIGH. Oh well back to the drawing board. Tomorrow I will take it all apart and recut everything. It truly is a unique block.
I don't mind the 14 INCH BLOCK. I'll do some Borders and finagling (sp?)
Old 04-11-2013, 05:40 PM

I only have two left to make Mosher92 and Babyfire. If you are missing a block from me please PM me and describe your fabric. I did mail back three this week and those three I cant tell you who I sent them to (oh one was tracibug) so if you can check your stash and records we need to clear that up I saw a couple postings this week that my block was not received. I will feel oodles better if we can clear things up. thanks!
Old 04-11-2013, 07:27 PM

I rec'd a grown up block from Missgiglewings today. Thank you sew much, it is beautiful and I love it!
Coountry1
Old 04-11-2013, 08:29 PM

Elisabrat I rec your lovely block - came in safe and sound. And as for the broccolli she told me she was going to make a placemat from it.I did volunteer to make a diff size but she said no.
Girl scout - rec your f8
Old 04-12-2013, 05:43 AM

got my sewing instructions: green with the broccoli and quilters choice with babyfires fabrics! tada!j off to start sewing getting a nice early start not even 7. perfect timing!
Old 04-12-2013, 06:54 AM

Received blocks from Mosher and Abbys Mom and the last pic is all the blocks I received as of last night. I'm having so much fun!

Does anyone else have problems with cutting through little faces of pooh or elephants? I got fabric from both and it took a long time to figure out what block to make so the faces weren't cut into. OK, right now I bet most of you are saying, "boy, AZ KAT is a little strange" :-).

Anyway Pooh and the elephants left AZ with full body and/or faces, if I could help it.
Attached Thumbnails mosher.png   abbysmom.png   receivedapril11.png  
Old 04-12-2013, 06:56 AM

Originally Posted by urgodschild2 View Post
ok it was ARKat that I made the wrong size and had to take apart and redo. It is all done and ready to be mailed home tomorrow. Yeah.
I don't feel so bad now. There were a couple that I started out with great ideas and ended up with borders. :-)
Old 04-12-2013, 09:05 AM

I received two beautiful blocks today....from Phannie, and moonwork thank you they are lovely.
Old 04-12-2013, 12:52 PM

I can't think of a better use for the block I made you. What a perfect name for your beautiful cat. She is so adorable!

Tell me your secret for keeping cat hair off that brown sofa! Is it leather or are you just constantly vaccuming (sp?) it? Cat hair drives me crazy.

Originally Posted by Phannie1 View Post
I got Two blocks in the mail today. From Missgigglewings and the Old Cat Lady. Last Boom I had got a Block from Old Cat Lady after I got my quilt togethter so I got a block for Precious and dedicated it to my beloved "Grace" (her sister.) thanks again. Precious knows it is her's and she uses it.
Phannie
Old 04-12-2013, 01:12 PM

finished my LAST blocks for the fabrics that I had received. They went out in todays mail. YAHOOOOO!!!!! Broccoli! and Bright blue and white! and of course Mary Engelbreit fabric! all going home. ahhhhh.. that is what I have to say about that. if you havent sent me your fabric it will go on the back burner for a while as I now have other commitments and we were supposed to receive fabrics a long while ago from everyone who is playing. I would so much love if when you sign up you prepare to send when due and expect you will accrue another postage stamp to mail out your blocks later. is just part of the game. holding on and sending months late so you can send your block and fabrics out is a bit hard on the recipient expecting they are at one level to find oh dear more are coming in! its a kinder thing to do, send when they are due por favor.pretty please? gracias!!

regardless I have mailed everyone a block by Wednesday of next week should you find you do not have a block from ELISABRAT please PM me so we can figure it out. thanks!