Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 12 of 69 FirstFirst ... 2 11 12 13 22 62 ... LastLast

Thread: Boomerang 9.0 PACIFIC O Group Thread

Blog Entries
    all finished blocks were mailed today. Received another envelope from Lestrong today and was wondering why she was sending another f8 til opened and found my first completed block---a lovely card Trick block. thanks!'
    also rec'd a wild f8 from LovingIzabella today---that one will be a challenge.
    Finished another block today--pics of finished blocks on album page for any sneak peaks needed.

Blog Entries
    found some very pretty paper pieced blocks of Quilters Cache--unfortunately after using one of them to make one of the blocks, i have decided not to use any paper pieced patterns from there without drawing them out on freezer paper and double checking the accuracy. One i used last night for a block was off by whole inch so had to add a border around block to get correct size. today's block i completed was another paper pieced one but i graphed it out first and am I glad i did as their pattern was off by a quarter inch on each piece!!!

Quote Originally Posted by roseirish48 View Post
    found some very pretty paper pieced blocks of Quilters Cache--unfortunately after using one of them to make one of the blocks, i have decided not to use any paper pieced patterns from there without drawing them out on freezer paper and double checking the accuracy. One i used last night for a block was off by whole inch so had to add a border around block to get correct size. today's block i completed was another paper pieced one but i graphed it out first and am I glad i did as their pattern was off by a quarter inch on each piece!!!
    If you are printing from your computer browser window it could be the window resizing it to fit to view. If you click on the paper piece template and hover your mouse over if you have the + magnifying glass than it is smaller than it should be. Click on it, enlarge & then print and it should be right as rain (Ask me how I know this one?? LOLOL)
    Hugs
    April
    PS I love to stretch the limits, outside the box

I received two squishies from Scrapper and LovingIzabella. I love the wild colors April. So excited that I get to make two. I am mailing out Jaba's tomorrow....all grown up. It is in my albums if you want to peek.
    I got a grown up block from Moonrise. It is very pretty.
    Name:  DSC_0288.JPG
Views: 91
Size:  1.19 MB
    Dreaming of New England while being stuck in So. Calif.(the asphalt jungle of the world.) But hey the Happiest Place on Earth is here.

Blog Entries
    Hi. I have recieved f8's from lovingizabella, quiltingmommy, jaba, & gaijin. Love them and can't wait to great to start making blocks!. My husband made it to the post office today. Stateside weighed in and went out with a first class stamp! Took a little more for Canada and Japan! Keep your eyes peeled!

Received fabric from Roseysue & Marcialee today
    Love the block Barb..did you send out various F8s?
    LOL I love to be bright & bold and my daughter is walking in my footsteps lol I cannot wait to see what that fabric inspires.
    Hugs
    April

Oh Ms. April I declare that is one pulse raising daring fabric ya' all chose to share with all of your parlor pals. I must dare say that I believe that is scandelously bold print for one of such delicate years! My oh my. I sure hope she likes pschodelic turtles. that was the first thing that came to mind. turtles. because I believe I enjoyed those years just a tad too well I am afraid. Received fabric today. will dive right in when the time arrives.

I have received such lovely fabrics also from the following today: Gaijin, Phanni c, C.Cuthbert, S Green, old cat lady.

I sent out L Dugas today. well six in one out.. ok three out total so small tiny headway. better than none at all
    Linda
    Here today... why what a lucky bunch we are.

LOL She is exposed to love of life...and she loves turtles
    Hugs
    April

what a lucky little girl April.

My nephew calls we have this lovely chat I ask if I can make his new baby girl anything and he says great! i ask what colors would you like.. he says we like earth colors. uh ok. so i ask if I can also make something for the 5 yr old he says great.. earth colors. uh like browns? yes. for a baby? yes. oh fun city. I was afraid to ask the house colors. there goes that fun fabric in my box. sigh. big mouth never should have asked. insert foot .. mmmmammamm oh it fits.
    Linda

Lol that would kill me. I know earth tones are soothing but somewhere you need some color. I'd have to make the older one something with color lol.
    Foot is a delicacy in some places.
    Hugs
    April

Good Mornin Ladies
    Here are the F8's that I have received so far
    moonrise
    abby's mom
    jaba
    joanelizbay
    moonwork
    phannie
    okdarla
    oldcatlady
    twinriverfarm
    roseirish lestrong urgodchild
    elisabrat
    travelinggramma
    dahna
    roseysue
    lovinglzasbeth

The blocks on their way home are
    moonrise
    abb'smom
    joanelizbay
    phannie
    okdarla

I have received a finished block from moonrise and love all the fabric (I must say some of it was different) and love the block I have received. I thank you all for sharing your talent with me!!
    Hoping you all have a wonderful weekend and hope no one is stuck in the snow
    Kathy

Blog Entries
    Linda and April....it must be a full moon when asking others what the want! I sent my brother a picture of the squares Im making for HIS daughter (at his request)...had all the 2 1/2" squares cut out ready to start sewing. HIS wife sends me a message that she thinks cream is better than white....ugh...I said sorry...too late! Whats the saying never look a gift horse in the mouth??

Question for everyone...what do you do with the little triangles that you cut off a flying geese or other patterns? I hate throwing them away but will probably never ever use them..suggestions?
    Joan
    People may not remember what you looked like or what you said but they will always remember how you made them feel!

This is the link to my albums for all Boom swaps.
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...99-albums.html

before I trim the triangles I sew another line about 3/8 inch away from the original one and then cut between the lines and I have another half square triangle already made for another project. I do this for all my flying geese except for the very small ones. I'm planning on making wall hangings from each of my Booms from all the scraps so I will have a sample of everyone's fabric in it. I plan to use the 'bonus HS triangles' in the wallhanging
    Quote Originally Posted by joanelizbay View Post
    Linda and April....it must be a full moon when asking others what the want! I sent my brother a picture of the squares Im making for HIS daughter (at his request)...had all the 2 1/2" squares cut out ready to start sewing. HIS wife sends me a message that she thinks cream is better than white....ugh...I said sorry...too late! Whats the saying never look a gift horse in the mouth??

Question for everyone...what do you do with the little triangles that you cut off a flying geese or other patterns? I hate throwing them away but will probably never ever use them..suggestions?
    Joan

Blog Entries
    wow...thats a very unique idea!....I have so many odd pieces, triangles, squares etc that will probably keep growing and never get used but I like your idea of how to try to use them!!
    People may not remember what you looked like or what you said but they will always remember how you made them feel!

April.....yes I sent out lots of different material..I am making three duvet covers for my grandkid in Australia so that is three different materials there. Then I had 4 materials from Australia that I wasn't sure how to work them so I sent them out for everyone on the board to decide for me. So yeah I will have quite a few to work on. LOL

Elizabrat.......YOu know just because your brother and his wife likes those colors does not mean that the children like those colors. I think that you should ask your nephew what his favorite colors are. Of course the baby doesn't have a choice. One of my grandson's favorite color is Orange. So I tend to give him his orange. Doesn't match a darn thing in the house but the family is all for inspiring his love of his color.
    Ok that all said and done...Happy Sat to everyone. all of you on the eastern seaboard.....great day to quilt seeing that you probably don't feel like going outside and shoveling out your car. Now don't feel jealous but So. CA is sunny and beautiful today. I will go and take a walk soon and then come back and quilt.
    Oldcatlady.....Thank you for the idea of what to do with those triangles. I have been throwing them away because I know that I won't sew them up. Now I can keep them.
    Dreaming of New England while being stuck in So. Calif.(the asphalt jungle of the world.) But hey the Happiest Place on Earth is here.

Wyoming in the summer, Florida in the winter
    Blog Entries

Saturday update

My mailbox was crammed with envelopes today. Received F8's from marcialee in this group plus 6 more. Got back blocks from 5 people today and joanlizbay. Thanks so much, it's perfect. Love all this help in making my quiltsName:  DSCF1110.JPG
Views: 148
Size:  1.22 MB

I got lots of Fat8s today. I have one from Dahna, Gaijin, Marcialee and my first Grown-up block and one my Birthday too from Lestrong.

I also got one in the mail for Moonwork's Dad.

Name:  From_Lestrong.JPG
Views: 168
Size:  120.6 KB

Quote Originally Posted by roseirish48 View Post
    Been there, done that! When all else fails, just add a boarder around the sides to make up difference!

Blog Entries
    Got sunflower F8 from marcialee today. Also received this beautiful block from Jaba. Thanks!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Elisabrat...I think certain shades of brown go really well with soft shades of pink. I think it would make a lovely quilt for a girl...you can always go heavy on the pink and just a touch of brown LOL

Dad is loving going to the mailbox lately. He takes his plastic sack with so he doesn't drop anything and clutches it to his chest as he walks around the driveway for his exercise.

Today we got several wonderful f8s:
    dahna42
    marcialee
    quiltingmommy
    roseysue

Plus he got a a couple major chuckles when we opened the other packages. Blocks aren't "wonky" the wavy design wall distorts the images.

2 of the blocks were the same design and he was thrilled "I knew we'd get at least one cat!!".

Name:  block-jaba.JPG
Views: 144
Size:  124.2 KB
    Jaba

Name:  block-moonrise.JPG
Views: 139
Size:  124.7 KB
    moonrise

Name:  block-joanelizbay.JPG
Views: 133
Size:  125.3 KB
    joanelizbay

Here's all of them so far...don't they look great?
    Name:  DSCN0874.JPG
Views: 148
Size:  125.3 KB
    Lisa L.
    Howdies from Possum Trot (yes it does exist)
    My most recent swap - Boomerang 16

Nice selection there for dad he will enjoy all those I have to say I thought it would be a lot harder keeping things semi straight looking because of the design. first I cut yours all happy go to put it together and realize I had reversed the two colors when cutting .. argh but in the end it came out like hoped semi and its probably going to look wonkie too when it hits the wall. Hope dad enjoys it should be there by Tues I think.
    Linda

Blog Entries
    Gotta f8 from scrapper today! Boy I am loving the blocks being posted.!!!!

I received squishies from dahna42 and marcialee. I also got a grown up from Lestrong601 Thank you.
    Name:  DSC_0290.JPG
Views: 163
Size:  1.14 MB

Blog Entries
    Moonworks--another cat has been mailed--pic on my profile page if you would like to sneak a peek. otherwise should reach you shortly as mailed yesterday.
    elizabrat--i got your black halloween fabric--i am slowly appliqueing a pumpkin as you requested. Her name is Fashionista Pumpkinhead. Her hubby is Mr Pumpkinhead who is employed by Headless Horseman to sit on his shoulders as he rides through the countryside. He likes this job much better than being turned into a carriage for Cinderella. Mr Pumpkinhead has a tragic family history. His mother was abducted by the Pieman and sold to Simple Simon never to seen again. His father ran into the nefarious cannibalistic Peter Peter and became the transformed home for Peter's Bride. His Uncle Jack was captured by a sadistic butcher and turned into a lantern after he was forced to watch his family chunked across the yard. Someday Mr Pumpkinhead hopes to be promoted to Great Pumpkin and meet Charlie Brown.

Page 12 of 69 FirstFirst ... 2 11 12 13 22 62 ... LastLast