Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boomerang 9.0 PACIFIC O Group Thread >

Boomerang 9.0 PACIFIC O Group Thread

Boomerang 9.0 PACIFIC O Group Thread

Old 02-08-2013, 07:17 PM

Received fabric from Roseysue & Marcialee today
Love the block Barb..did you send out various F8s?
LOL I love to be bright & bold and my daughter is walking in my footsteps lol I cannot wait to see what that fabric inspires.
Hugs
April
Old 02-08-2013, 07:52 PM

Oh Ms. April I declare that is one pulse raising daring fabric ya' all chose to share with all of your parlor pals. I must dare say that I believe that is scandelously bold print for one of such delicate years! My oh my. I sure hope she likes pschodelic turtles. that was the first thing that came to mind. turtles. because I believe I enjoyed those years just a tad too well I am afraid. Received fabric today. will dive right in when the time arrives.

I have received such lovely fabrics also from the following today: Gaijin, Phanni c, C.Cuthbert, S Green, old cat lady.

I sent out L Dugas today. well six in one out.. ok three out total so small tiny headway. better than none at all
Old 02-08-2013, 08:10 PM

LOL She is exposed to love of life...and she loves turtles
Hugs
April
Old 02-08-2013, 09:12 PM

what a lucky little girl April.

My nephew calls we have this lovely chat I ask if I can make his new baby girl anything and he says great! i ask what colors would you like.. he says we like earth colors. uh ok. so i ask if I can also make something for the 5 yr old he says great.. earth colors. uh like browns? yes. for a baby? yes. oh fun city. I was afraid to ask the house colors. there goes that fun fabric in my box. sigh. big mouth never should have asked. insert foot .. mmmmammamm oh it fits.
Old 02-08-2013, 09:31 PM

Lol that would kill me. I know earth tones are soothing but somewhere you need some color. I'd have to make the older one something with color lol.
Foot is a delicacy in some places.
Hugs
April
Old 02-09-2013, 06:59 AM

Good Mornin Ladies
Here are the F8's that I have received so far
moonrise
abby's mom
jaba
joanelizbay
moonwork
phannie
okdarla
oldcatlady
twinriverfarm
roseirish lestrong urgodchild
elisabrat
travelinggramma
dahna
roseysue
lovinglzasbeth

The blocks on their way home are
moonrise
abb'smom
joanelizbay
phannie
okdarla

I have received a finished block from moonrise and love all the fabric (I must say some of it was different) and love the block I have received. I thank you all for sharing your talent with me!!
Hoping you all have a wonderful weekend and hope no one is stuck in the snow
Kathy
Old 02-09-2013, 07:31 AM

Linda and April....it must be a full moon when asking others what the want! I sent my brother a picture of the squares Im making for HIS daughter (at his request)...had all the 2 1/2" squares cut out ready to start sewing. HIS wife sends me a message that she thinks cream is better than white....ugh...I said sorry...too late! Whats the saying never look a gift horse in the mouth??

Question for everyone...what do you do with the little triangles that you cut off a flying geese or other patterns? I hate throwing them away but will probably never ever use them..suggestions?
Joan
Old 02-09-2013, 08:14 AM

before I trim the triangles I sew another line about 3/8 inch away from the original one and then cut between the lines and I have another half square triangle already made for another project. I do this for all my flying geese except for the very small ones. I'm planning on making wall hangings from each of my Booms from all the scraps so I will have a sample of everyone's fabric in it. I plan to use the 'bonus HS triangles' in the wallhanging
Originally Posted by joanelizbay View Post
Linda and April....it must be a full moon when asking others what the want! I sent my brother a picture of the squares Im making for HIS daughter (at his request)...had all the 2 1/2" squares cut out ready to start sewing. HIS wife sends me a message that she thinks cream is better than white....ugh...I said sorry...too late! Whats the saying never look a gift horse in the mouth??

Question for everyone...what do you do with the little triangles that you cut off a flying geese or other patterns? I hate throwing them away but will probably never ever use them..suggestions?
Joan
Old 02-09-2013, 09:05 AM

wow...thats a very unique idea!....I have so many odd pieces, triangles, squares etc that will probably keep growing and never get used but I like your idea of how to try to use them!!
Old 02-09-2013, 09:06 AM

April.....yes I sent out lots of different material..I am making three duvet covers for my grandkid in Australia so that is three different materials there. Then I had 4 materials from Australia that I wasn't sure how to work them so I sent them out for everyone on the board to decide for me. So yeah I will have quite a few to work on. LOL

Elizabrat.......YOu know just because your brother and his wife likes those colors does not mean that the children like those colors. I think that you should ask your nephew what his favorite colors are. Of course the baby doesn't have a choice. One of my grandson's favorite color is Orange. So I tend to give him his orange. Doesn't match a darn thing in the house but the family is all for inspiring his love of his color.
Ok that all said and done...Happy Sat to everyone. all of you on the eastern seaboard.....great day to quilt seeing that you probably don't feel like going outside and shoveling out your car. Now don't feel jealous but So. CA is sunny and beautiful today. I will go and take a walk soon and then come back and quilt.
Oldcatlady.....Thank you for the idea of what to do with those triangles. I have been throwing them away because I know that I won't sew them up. Now I can keep them.