Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boomerang Friendship Block Swap 5.0  Sign-Ups  NOW CLOSED-LISTS have been sent and threads started for each group :-) >

Boomerang Friendship Block Swap 5.0 Sign-Ups NOW CLOSED-LISTS have been sent and threads started for each group :-)

Boomerang Friendship Block Swap 5.0 Sign-Ups NOW CLOSED-LISTS have been sent and threads started for each group :-)

Old 05-06-2011, 10:56 AM

Originally Posted by Ms Grace
I do have 1 question.
When you return the blocks, do you also return them in a legal size envelope?

Should you press it to fold it flat enough?? :?:
Regardless of envelope size it's nice to press your block. They always look so much better when pressed. :thumbup:
Old 05-06-2011, 12:05 PM

Originally Posted by montanablu
I do have 1 question.

Regardless of envelope size it's nice to press your block. They always look so much better when pressed. :thumbup:
Oh yes, I always press my finished block.
I guess my question is, should I press the block AFTER its folded to make it flatter?
Old 05-06-2011, 03:27 PM

"Let The Games Begin" I received my first two envelopes in the mail today. How exciting. Love the fabrics so far. Now just need to find out what block to make for these. Doing the happy dance.

Recieved 05/06
Moonrise
PaintMeJudy
Old 05-06-2011, 07:11 PM

Originally Posted by sustraley
"Let The Games Begin" I received my first two envelopes in the mail today. How exciting. Love the fabrics so far. Now just need to find out what block to make for these. Doing the happy dance.

Recieved 05/06
Moonrise
PaintMeJudy
Make sure you post this on the right thread (North, South, East)as maybe others aren't keeping up with this one as it is from boom sign up.
Old 05-06-2011, 07:24 PM

Originally Posted by sew cornie
A note to Boomerang newbies:

Before all of these F8s come flying your way, please come up with some way to organize them while they are in your possession. While all of this is so exciting, believe me, when they begin arriving at multiples a day, it is VERY easy to get them mixed up as to which one belongs to whom. If you accidentally send the wrong thing back to a swap partner, this incurs more postage paid on their part to correct the mistake and adds another chance for a block to be lost in the mail. I'll tell you my system and ask that other Boomerang veterans throw in their suggestions as well and hopefully the newbies will find some help in this.

My system: When I receive an F8, I immediately put it into a quart-size Ziplock bag. I label the bag on the outside with the owner's name, Board name and address. As a back-up, I also put the envelope I received the F8 in into the bag. I then add fabrics I've chosen to coordinate and a note with the name of the block I'm going to use. I zip the bag closed and it goes into a basket where I keep them in order they are received. I only remove an F8 from the bag in order to match a fabric to it or when it's time to make the block. After finishing the block, it goes right back into the same bag. I then cut off the zipper, seal the bag with tape, and put it into a small manila envelope to mail. My strict rule is that only ONE F8 may be out of its bag at a time whether I'm shopping my stash or in a store, going through pattern books, whatever. No exceptions - only one F8 at a time.

I hope this is helpful and invite other Boomerang vets to offer their suggestions as well.

Very good system.Think I'll "borrow" your idea as this is my first Boomerang swap. :-D

I agree...this sounds like a great idea to follow. I think I might add to it by taking a photo of the fabric and putting it in the spreadsheet also.
Old 05-06-2011, 09:22 PM

I do have 1 question.

I guess my question is, should I press the block AFTER its folded to make it flatter?
:?: :?: I've never pressed my block after it's folded - but maybe I should - it could help with the puffiness of the envelope. What about some others?? Does anyone press again, to make it flatter? :?:
Old 05-07-2011, 03:03 AM

I do have 1 question.

:?: :?: I've never pressed my block after it's folded - but maybe I should - it could help with the puffiness of the envelope. What about some others?? Does anyone press again, to make it flatter? :?:
Newbie...so I'm waiting for an answer also...Seems it would be easier to mail if ironed flat...What do the professionals here do?
Old 05-07-2011, 10:46 AM

I've never tried pressing it flatter like that for mailing but I do squeeze out all the extra air from the plastic bag before taping it shut. That seems to help.
Old 05-07-2011, 02:46 PM

Originally Posted by sew cornie
I've never tried pressing it flatter like that for mailing but I do squeeze out all the extra air from the plastic bag before taping it shut. That seems to help.
That's what I do.

I iron the finished block - take a picture for my files - fold it up - stuff it in a baggie - squish it - and mail it!

=)

I don't want to iron creases in!!
Old 05-07-2011, 09:20 PM

I've received on 5/6-7 from
JudyVA
JaneCat
PaintMeJudy
Janetlmt
Selfhunter
Carsey
Moonrise
Roseysue

Will be a challenge and fun matching material and making the blocks!!!...looking forward to the remainder of F8s...

I should have mine in the mail by the end of next week...