Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boomerang Friendship Swap 1.0(Sign-Ups Closed)-Need Help Identifying Two Fabrics :-) 09/27/10 >

Boomerang Friendship Swap 1.0(Sign-Ups Closed)-Need Help Identifying Two Fabrics :-) 09/27/10

Boomerang Friendship Swap 1.0(Sign-Ups Closed)-Need Help Identifying Two Fabrics :-) 09/27/10

Old 03-24-2010, 06:13 PM

surprise. surprise, surprise Today I mailed all 35 blocks plus 1 for April's little one. For 72 years I have been thinging everything must be perfect Then this year I started quilting. as I started receiing your beautiful blocks. I became aware of how far from perfect a person caan get. I have ben so intimitated I would not send my blocks out. I started redoing them. My seam ripper had no consideration for my wrist and hand being broken in seven places.I am dropping out of 2.0 while I practice quilting and get better use of my hand. Thank you April for hosting the swap and each member for being so kind.ISPY
Old 03-24-2010, 06:22 PM

Ispy...You are to be commended for doing all those blocks with a broken wrist. No one can fault you and I'm sure your work is beautiful. I'm not handicapped and I was ripping all the time....I think it's a hazard of the hobby.

Maybe you can join again for #3.

Nice swapping with you.

Gigix12
Old 03-24-2010, 06:24 PM

Originally Posted by ispy
as I started receiing your beautiful blocks. I became aware of how far from perfect a person caan get. ISPY
This just cracked me up! Yes, I am far from perfect but I do try!
Can't wait to see your blocks! I'm sure even with your broken wrist they will be fine.
:-D
Old 03-24-2010, 06:25 PM

Look at the wonderful blocks I recieved today! It's so nice to have such beautiful things in the mail! Thank you ladies!

Two blocks from Madquilter
[ATTACH=CONFIG]29259[/ATTACH]

Mgrhs
[ATTACH=CONFIG]29260[/ATTACH]

Montanaqulter
[ATTACH=CONFIG]29339[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-29259.jpe   attachment-29260.jpe   attachment-29339.jpe  
Old 03-24-2010, 06:34 PM

I have received blocks from the following:

Lee
Sara V.
Mary T
Loraine
Susie Q
Neoma
Linda M
Misty (2)
Barb D
Nancy P
Kim W
MJ

I love them all. I have not located my camera since my house fire. When I locate it, or the insurance company replaces it, I will post pictures. I have not been a regular chatter during this swap but promise to keep you posted as the remaining blocks reach me. Ispy
Old 03-24-2010, 06:41 PM

I love to see all the lovely blocks and can't wait to see the ones that come my way when 2.0 starts. I am already excited about 3.0 and 2.0 hasn't started yet. I know the exact material to go get as well. All I have to do is figure out how much material 36 F8s is and how to cut a F8. Anyone tell me?
Old 03-24-2010, 06:42 PM

After rereading my post I am worried that someone may think that I ment your blocks were not perfect. NO no no I ment that they were so good they made me see how far from perfect my blocks are.
Old 03-24-2010, 07:06 PM

Originally Posted by ispy
surprise. surprise, surprise Today I mailed all 35 blocks plus 1 for April's little one. For 72 years I have been thinging everything must be perfect Then this year I started quilting. as I started receiing your beautiful blocks. I became aware of how far from perfect a person caan get. I have ben so intimitated I would not send my blocks out. I started redoing them. My seam ripper had no consideration for my wrist and hand being broken in seven places.I am dropping out of 2.0 while I practice quilting and get better use of my hand. Thank you April for hosting the swap and each member for being so kind.ISPY
A swap is special because it's such a variety of blocks, which equals a variety of new friends. I don't judge the blocks I receive, I just love the effort, the adventure the block had at your house (with out me there), the vision of a new idea, and the surprise of it. NO ONE needs to feel inferrior or not good enough for me. If I wanted to receive 35 perfect blocks, I would hire them done by an expert. I jus want to receive 35 blocks from friends.
Old 03-24-2010, 07:15 PM

Yes....I sure did.....loved your choice of fabrics to compliment the one I sent you and your work is wonderful......I think I sent you a note when I returned your block.....at least I hope I did.....but you never know.....I been a little STRESSED at work since I returned .....or maybe the correct word is OVERWHELMED.... :(

Originally Posted by kysmommy2
THANK YOU!!!! Did you like the block I sent to you?
Originally Posted by BarbS
Kysmommy.....your block went in the mail this morning.

Barb
Old 03-24-2010, 07:22 PM

KBunn, those are really pretty blocks. It's so interesting to see how everyone interprets the fabric, some in similar ways, some very uniquely.

Mosher, your growing collection is stunning! My jaw was on the floor . . . I'm envious you get to enjoy seeing those every day. LOL. Just makes me even more excited with anticipation of 2.0!