Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boomerang Friendship Swap 1.0(Sign-Ups Closed)-Need Help Identifying Two Fabrics :-) 09/27/10 >

Boomerang Friendship Swap 1.0(Sign-Ups Closed)-Need Help Identifying Two Fabrics :-) 09/27/10

Boomerang Friendship Swap 1.0(Sign-Ups Closed)-Need Help Identifying Two Fabrics :-) 09/27/10

Old 02-12-2010, 05:31 PM

Originally Posted by Wine Woman
WOW! Beautiful blocks. How fun is this?!! And Izzy's are just the cutest! Did I miss something? Were there chosen ones for Izzy or can we make one for her to enjoy?
I sent out 9 F8s she had picked out to some of the swappers so she could make her very first quilt :-) I have received some from ladies who chose to make her a block on their own but it is not necessary to :-) If you wanted to make her one I am sure she would be thrilled but again it is not required. She loves getting her own mail and she oooh's and ahhh's over all of the lovely blocks :-)
Hugs
April
Old 02-12-2010, 08:49 PM

April, I wanted to do 2.0 but I still have not got all my blocks made for this one yet. I am still missing a F8. I don't think I can do different size blocks for everyone. I liked this swap because they were all 12.5 I am new to quilting and can't do hard blocks just easy ones.
Old 02-12-2010, 08:51 PM

Hi MoodyKim! Most of us are NOT yet done with all these blocks. April won;t be starting the next one (2.0) until April, once this one is all finished up!
Originally Posted by MoodyKim
April, I wanted to do 2.0 but I still have not got all my blocks made for this one yet. I am still missing a F8. I don't think I can do different size blocks for everyone. I liked this swap because they were all 12.5 I am new to quilting and can't do hard blocks just easy ones.
Old 02-12-2010, 08:58 PM

kysmommy2, Thanks I was worried I was way behind everyone and it sounded like it was time to start the 2.o swap!
Old 02-12-2010, 09:08 PM

:) You're welcome! I still have a LONG way to go...but we do have a couple of months still to complete it! I am SO enjoying this swap and if I rushed or felt pressured I know I would not enjoy it. I love the time frame that was allotted!
kysmommy2, Thanks I was worried I was way behind everyone and it sounded like it was time to start the 2.o swap!
Old 02-12-2010, 09:43 PM

Originally Posted by LovingIzabella
Originally Posted by Wine Woman
WOW! Beautiful blocks. How fun is this?!! And Izzy's are just the cutest! Did I miss something? Were there chosen ones for Izzy or can we make one for her to enjoy?
I sent out 9 F8s she had picked out to some of the swappers so she could make her very first quilt :-) I have received some from ladies who chose to make her a block on their own but it is not necessary to :-) If you wanted to make her one I am sure she would be thrilled but again it is not required. She loves getting her own mail and she oooh's and ahhh's over all of the lovely blocks :-)
Hugs
April
Thanks April. I thought I might have overlooked something!
Old 02-12-2010, 09:50 PM

I got two more great blocks in the mail today.....thank you so much BarbS and Neoma! I love them both.

BarbS
[ATTACH=CONFIG]3030[/ATTACH]

Neoma
[ATTACH=CONFIG]3031[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-3030.jpe   attachment-3031.jpe  
Old 02-13-2010, 12:29 AM

Please don't forget me in the next swap. I love this swap and it takes my mind off other things....Have more blocks to go out as soon as soon as I can get to the post office. Hate it as our local post office is closed from 1 to 2:30. Usually have someone here during that time and would be nice to be able to go right after lunch. Is this happening elsewhere?
Old 02-13-2010, 04:50 AM

Kim,
You have plenty of time-no stress no pressure no worries just fun fun. I too have quite a bit of blocks left to make but we have until April so please do not feel like you are behind as you are not.

Also as far as size goes yes this swap is for 12.5" unfinished blocks. That is part of what makes this swap so great-it let's you try out new blocks and even make the same block for everyone if you so choose or all different ones but there are so many 12.5" blocks that it is far easier to work with this size.

BRT-the idea of a "true sampler" is a lovely one and I am sure some ladies do not mind but this swap is intended for 12.5" blocks for the reasons stated above. No one should stress over remembering different size requests or timelines-this should be just pure fun!

I sure hope everyone will join in 2.0 in April as I have enjoyed swapping with all of you. You are all a great group of ladies and I just love seeing all the beautiful blocks that are being posted and definetly all of the beautiful blocks I have received for Izabella and myself :-)
Hugs
April
Old 02-13-2010, 06:55 AM

Thank you April, I am new at this and kinda paniced when I thought everyone else was finished with their blocks. :oops: I am enjoying getting the fabric and making blocks. It is fun, just takes me longer to match fabric and blocks!