Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boomerang Friendship Swap 1.0(Sign-Ups Closed)-Need Help Identifying Two Fabrics :-) 09/27/10 >

Boomerang Friendship Swap 1.0(Sign-Ups Closed)-Need Help Identifying Two Fabrics :-) 09/27/10

Boomerang Friendship Swap 1.0(Sign-Ups Closed)-Need Help Identifying Two Fabrics :-) 09/27/10

Old 01-05-2010, 10:04 PM

I'm still trying to decide what fabric to send! Yikes! I guess I'd better get rolling on this!
Old 01-05-2010, 11:45 PM

Originally Posted by SaraSewing
I took one to the postoffice to make sure that 44 cents was enough, since the envelope was a little puffy. He said it was fine in ounces, and since there is nothing hard or bulky inside, just one stamp is ok. Hurray!
That is fantastic news! I was afraid we were going to have to buy special envelopes with bigger postage.

I'm still waiting for my fabric to be delivered by Fedex. It shipped Monday...
Old 01-06-2010, 12:41 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by purplemem
Originally Posted by SaraSewing
I took one to the postoffice to make sure that 44 cents was enough, since the envelope was a little puffy. He said it was fine in ounces, and since there is nothing hard or bulky inside, just one stamp is ok. Hurray!
That is fantastic news! I was afraid we were going to have to buy special envelopes with bigger postage.

I'm still waiting for my fabric to be delivered by Fedex. It shipped Monday...

Was that just a white legal size envelope? If so, that is good news!!
Old 01-06-2010, 05:19 AM

Well ladies my little Izzy decided she wanted to pick out some fabric to send so I decided to let her pick out nine fabrics to send out and the blocks that come back will be hers and we will sew them in to a quilt top together for her..she was so excited. I asked her if she wanted to pick out from the matching piles. She said no she wanted to pick out 9 fabrics that she thought were pretty fabrics. Well nine she picked and oh boy her color coordination was nowhere to be found with these lol However, these are what she wanted so I am going to send them out. It will be a great memory for her as she gets older. Her choices truly did shock me as she is usually the critic when I pick something out that she thinks doesn't go good together she will find me something that she thinks does and she is usually right :-)
Hope you ladies do not mind but I could not tell her no :-(
Hugs
April
Old 01-06-2010, 06:16 AM
Power Poster

Sounds like a great idea April!!
She will have her own little qfuilt! So glad she is interested so young :-D
Old 01-06-2010, 06:22 AM

Thanks Ninnie
I am trying to get her interested in it. She just loves all of her quilts. She sleeps with the one grammy made for her baby shower. She loves to feel the fabric and help me fold it and now we try to sew together. I truly hope she will enjoy it...time will tell :-)
Hugs
April
Old 01-06-2010, 06:31 AM

I ordered my fabric on Monday (last day of sale on Thousand of bolts) They called today with a couple of questions and they are sending out the fabric today usps flat rate so it should be here by Saturday! I hope to have it washed, pressed, cut and sent out on Monday next week!
:D
Old 01-06-2010, 06:46 AM

It is so exciting isn't it!!
Hugs
April
Old 01-06-2010, 07:09 AM

Ok ladies, I finally got my spreadsheet problem solved and my address is correct.

I paid a visit to my local postal store, only because the line for the post office was out the door, and she told me to use a bigger envelope because my legal size was too puffy. I am sending two fabrics to each so I'm paying more in postage $1.27. Get this if I was to use the legal size envelope it was $1.67. Ouch! I'm going to the post office this morning just to double check because this sounds crazzzzzy. :hunf:
Old 01-06-2010, 07:14 AM

That does sound a bit crazy to me too. I have found if you lay the fabric really flat and squeeze the air out of the plastic usually there is no issue with getting it in a standard white legal size envelope for normal postage cost.
Hugs
April