Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boomerang Friendship Swap 1.0(Sign-Ups Closed)-Need Help Identifying Two Fabrics :-) 09/27/10 >

Boomerang Friendship Swap 1.0(Sign-Ups Closed)-Need Help Identifying Two Fabrics :-) 09/27/10

Boomerang Friendship Swap 1.0(Sign-Ups Closed)-Need Help Identifying Two Fabrics :-) 09/27/10

Old 03-25-2010, 03:08 PM
Power Poster

An F8 is more than enough to do a block - regardless of how it is cut.
Old 03-25-2010, 04:53 PM

LOL!!!! That's what I meant!!! ;) not x21 or 22
Originally Posted by SaraSewing
Originally Posted by kysmommy2
I'm easily confused ( ;-) ) So what i do is cut everything to half yards and then go from there. I can get two fat quarters from a half yard and then two fat eights from each fat quarter. Fat 8ths are 18x21 or 22quote]
example. Either size is workable...and the skinnies actually give some selvedge to every piece and the fats lose selvedge on half of the pieces.
I've reread and I think I'm okay on this...but, everyone feel free to check me on this, please...
Hope this helps.
I found that the F8 (17X11)was plenty. There were several pieces I received that I could make two blocks, or use the remaining in another swappers block.[/quote]
Old 03-25-2010, 06:54 PM

So I have a pile of GORGEOUS blocks here that cam in over the last cpl of days... Problem being I am not sure I know who sent what.. DH thought he was being kind by opening them and laying them out for me as a surprise for when I woke up...(I work NOC shifts) and he kinda didn't keep the envelopes with their blocks.. I will try my best to acknowledge everyone, but I am apologizing in advance if I screw it up! lol :)
Old 03-25-2010, 06:55 PM

Originally Posted by cjt_mama
So I have a pile of GORGEOUS blocks here that cam in over the last cpl of days... Problem being I am not sure I know who sent what.. DH thought he was being kind by opening them and laying them out for me as a surprise for when I woke up...(I work NOC shifts) and he kinda didn't keep the envelopes with their blocks.. I will try my best to acknowledge everyone, but I am apologizing in advance if I screw it up! lol :)
Gotta love a helpful hubby! LOL!
Old 03-25-2010, 07:12 PM

Originally Posted by sew cornie
Originally Posted by cjt_mama
Gotta love a helpful hubby! LOL!
Lol, I know... I was frustrated, but couldn't bring myself to get mad at him
Old 03-26-2010, 12:45 PM
Power Poster

That's funny, cjt. I always know when I have a squishy because Pat gets that puppy-waggy-tail attitude and one hand is behind his back. Then he delivers like a butler "a squishy for you!" Of course he hangs around until I open it (which isusually not a problem - ripriprifle))
Old 03-26-2010, 04:01 PM

I love going to the mailbox and finding squishees in it. 'Course all I am finding right now are ones with pink squares in them but since I joined the Boomerang 2.0 I'll get those coming back as well. I have my F8s all cut up and ready to go. I took 18 different F4s I had and cut them in half and stuck each half in a sandwhich baggy. Just waiting to put my address label in there and then stuff them in an envelope (which are in the box sitting on the corner of my desk right now) and mail them out. Then I get to start counting days till they start coming home again. I think this is one swap that I'll stick with. I'll run my I Spy Swap and do this one and that will keep me happy.

ReRe
Old 03-26-2010, 04:49 PM

I received a beautiful block from ispy today! Thank you so much. It's great.
Old 03-26-2010, 05:42 PM

Thank you susiequilt for your kind words. I received two blocks today from liz and donna. I failed to mention darlene's in my first post. They are all beautiful. Thank you so much. ispy.
Old 03-26-2010, 06:41 PM

Two beautiful blocks today from MadQuilter. Very nice!!
Attached Thumbnails attachment-31930.jpe