Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boomerang Friendship Swap 10.0-MAIA Group (Fast) >

Boomerang Friendship Swap 10.0-MAIA Group (Fast)

Boomerang Friendship Swap 10.0-MAIA Group (Fast)

Old 07-26-2013, 02:12 PM
Power Poster

That is a very cute block. I have to remember that.
Old 07-26-2013, 04:20 PM

I have been busy and therefore, am behind on posts. So, here goes. Wednesday, I received two blocks from Jaba, one for this swap and one for Electra. Yesterday, I received a block from joanelizbay. It is hourglass #4. Today, I received a broken sugar bowl block from awilson and a churn dash from Brat, who thinks she has issues with stripes, but I think it is fabulous. They are all beautiful and go so well together. Thank you all.
Attached Thumbnails image.jpg   image.jpg   image.jpg   image.jpg  
Old 07-26-2013, 04:54 PM

I got 2 gorgeous blocks today! One from awilson and another from catgirl807. Thank you both so much.
I've been doing the garden thing today: shelling peas, picking blueberries and freezing them along with some okra. Needless to say, my rear will catch up with the rest of me in about an hour! (Maybe)
I'll have to wait until tomorrow to take pics of my beautiful blocks and post them to my album. Thank you, Ladies, for swapping with me.
Old 07-26-2013, 06:32 PM

blocks received yesterday from joanelizbay and today from awilson. they are beautiful

[ATTACH=CONFIG]426271[/ATTACH]

from joanelizbay

[ATTACH=CONFIG]426273[/ATTACH]

from awilson

Thank you ladies they are awesome. Can't wait to see the rest and put a quilt together
Attached Thumbnails maia-block-joanelizbay.jpg   maia-block-awilson.jpg  
Old 07-26-2013, 07:20 PM

Missgigglewings- you have a finished block going out in the morning. Thanks for swapping with me. Pic is posted in my album if you'd like to peek.

This completes all the blocks for this group from me. I am loving all the blocks I've received so far.
Old 07-27-2013, 06:40 AM

I have not received a F8 from quiltermomma yet. Hope everything is okay with her. I don't mind that it isn't here yet, I just worry that it has been mailed and lost!
Old 07-27-2013, 07:06 AM

Createfourpaws, your block is in the mail today. I thoroughly enjoyed making this block for you and so I hope you like it.

I've completed and mailed 10 blocks but I will continue to work on blocks next week for awilson, catgirl, ljdugas, missgigglewings, sunrise and tubsfam. I've scheduled a decompression weekend this weekend after a crazy busy couple of weeks. (Scheduled, that sounds relaxing - not.) My two dogs are begging for a long, long walk and since I've been putting them off too much for 2 weeks, I'm going to try to get one in before the rain hits - again - today. Backyard playtimes are good but nothing beats a great sniffing walk for them.

I hope everyone has a lovely weekend!
Old 07-27-2013, 07:20 AM

now that I have finished my customer t-shirt quilt that i have been working on for 2 years, glad they were not in a hurry, I can start working on my blocks for the Boom swap both this one and Electra.

IF you want to see pictures of the t-shirt quilt it is in my album "My Quilts"
Old 07-27-2013, 07:38 AM

WOW Cindy..thats really a pretty quilt...well worth the wait Im sure!! Has anyone else ever had a block that they have made that they have had to sew and re-sew and re-sew??? I tried a new block and knew it would be a little hard but UGH...Ive worked all morning on it and still am NOT satisfied with it. Good thing I have enough of the F8 to make another block!! Has anyone ever made the block "Cornucopia" from quilters cache?? Do you have a certain block you just absolutely can NOT get the hang of or is it just me and this one??
Old 07-27-2013, 09:37 AM

terriamn received the block you made for me in the mail today. Thank you so much, it's perfect!![ATTACH=CONFIG]426385[/ATTACH]awilson I still haven't received your F8, just wondering if you have mailed it?
Attached Thumbnails dscf1543.jpg