Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boomerang Friendship Swap 10.0-MAIA Group (Fast) >

Boomerang Friendship Swap 10.0-MAIA Group (Fast)

Boomerang Friendship Swap 10.0-MAIA Group (Fast)

Old 08-09-2013, 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by awilson View Post
Green, white, and navy blocks so far. I added some of the sashing pieces:
That is a great idea for sashing. Idiot Me is sewing sashing in between each Boom 9 block, then sewing a loooong piece of sashing to each row. Also, I LOVE how your blocks are turning out.
Old 08-09-2013, 08:00 PM

Here are a couple I received in the last few days! Thank you everyone they are perfectly wonderful!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]429399[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]429400[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails aclyone-group.jpg   alcyone-2.jpg  
Old 08-10-2013, 07:37 PM

Received block today from Tubsfam. Beautiful block, she posted a picture before mailing. Thank you very much
Old 08-11-2013, 06:43 AM

A friend just posted this on Facebook. I bet it tastes delicious! A LOT of work to make it though!
Attached Thumbnails quilt-cake.jpg  
Old 08-11-2013, 06:55 AM

I wouldn't even want to cut it, it's a masterpiece. Very talented desert chef!!
Old 08-11-2013, 09:46 AM

Now THAT is a gorgeous cake! I would dare somebody to cut it at my house. Whoever crafted that cake is one talented chef!
Old 08-11-2013, 09:52 AM

Hey, Guys. I've finished all my blocks for this group and I'm definitely having withdrawal pangs here! This has been so much fun. I only have 1 more block to do for my other group and it's not even due until Nov. Next time I will most certainly sign up for more than 2 groups. It's going to be a long time until fall.(Sniff, sniff, whine! 1-800-WAH)
Old 08-11-2013, 10:04 AM

She is Back! I had a wonderful time! I am sore in spots one should not be sore in! We saw lightening, up close and personal! Too Close! It started a fire on the other side of the Mt from us. When it hit (Boom and the light at the same time!!!) I screamed like a baby! The crew chief said drop your tools and run! That I can do, so I ran down hill fast enough to scare the Crew Chief to death! he thought I was going to fall I guess!

We got rained on so bad on Saturday afternoon that I had to hike out early with a few others. We were going to leave the next morning anyway and I did not cherish the idea of sleeping in a wet tent with everything wet! But believe me carrying a wet pack 3 1/2 miles was not very fun either!

So last night I pulled in the house about ten pm took a shower! You have no idea how good a shower feels after a week living in the brush! It was the best shower in the world!

Tomorrow the mail lady will catch me up on my mail, today I just learn to move again! I was the oldest of our crew of 8, by more than 12 years. All the volunteers were female, but we had two male crew. We got a lot of work done! LOL. Normally they have more men and more older retired folks! I am sure there were times when I tried hard to "pull my weight" but one has to admit that 20 years does make a difference in the ability to use a heavy tool digging a ditch!

But honestly I had the time of my life and will do it again!

Now back to my sewing machine. Lovely blocks being posted! We have a very talented group!
Old 08-12-2013, 03:33 AM

Originally Posted by frenchfryqueen View Post
That is a great idea for sashing. Idiot Me is sewing sashing in between each Boom 9 block, then sewing a loooong piece of sashing to each row. Also, I LOVE how your blocks are turning out.
I saw it in a tutorial on you tube. I thought it would be great for swaps because I can add sashing as the come, and arrange them several ways with sashing before finally sewing together. Every good idea I have always comes from somewhere else
Old 08-12-2013, 04:42 AM

HONEY YOUR HOME! CALL ME!!! Glad you survived the trip and yes I can see you hauling rear outta there.. they didn't know they had a runner in the group but they sure do now me I could want to run as fast as I could but unfortunately in the situation it would be hobble hobble hobble now I probably would not have trouble pushing people outta my way but sheesh.. told you not to go! wet tents, lightening trying to burn the forest around you, digging ditches for days pulling weeds, poisen oak, bugs, hard ground.. tell me about the fun again? you know you could just go camping with some fellow campers in town and like.. sit in lawn chairs, eat too much food .. swim in a river or two... and then come home rested not worn out. Just food for thought

back to quilting two more fabrics that came in late are going to be finished today then unless more are coming I am done! yahooooo!