Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boomerang Friendship Swap 2.0  Sign-Ups Closed.-Please Read my Notes Pg 136 & 137 >

Boomerang Friendship Swap 2.0 Sign-Ups Closed.-Please Read my Notes Pg 136 & 137

Boomerang Friendship Swap 2.0 Sign-Ups Closed.-Please Read my Notes Pg 136 & 137

Old 05-13-2010, 06:34 AM

Originally Posted by AkAngel
April,
Do you mind if I ask what IH is? I may simply not recognize the abbrev not sure. It certainly does not sound fun, hope you are better soon. Your not the only turtle here I just mailed my first 2 boom blocks yesterday myself.
Muriel
Hi Muriel
IH is Intracranial Hypertension and it is not fun when it flares. It is a buildup of the cerebrospinal fluid within the skull. It compresses the veins & arteries along with the brain :-( The worst thing it does is it compresses the optic nerves which could cause severe vision problems if not blindness. When you have nothing better to do you can read my story at www.firstgiving.com/aprilburka. It is a fairly rare condition and is often misdiagnosed. Thank you for asking.
Star,
PMing Kys addy to you now!
Hugs
April
Old 05-13-2010, 07:27 AM

Thanx got the addy!
Old 05-13-2010, 07:38 AM

April, Thank you for sharing your personal info about IH. I had never heard of this before. It's just not fair that you and Izzy are having such bad problems. Just remember you have a great big extended family here who love both of you and it's an honor to be a part of that family. Hugs to you both.
Old 05-13-2010, 08:11 AM

Originally Posted by hoppyfrog
April, Thank you for sharing your personal info about IH. I had never heard of this before. It's just not fair that you and Izzy are having such bad problems. Just remember you have a great big extended family here who love both of you and it's an honor to be a part of that family. Hugs to you both.
Hi Hoppy
I try not to expunge on my medical issues because I never want anyone to think I am looking for pity or anything like that but I like to make people aware-that is my mission and I am always happy to share if someone asks. Knowledge is power! :-)
Life does seem to like to try and beat me down sometimes-but I refuse to let it. My daughter is my guiding light and for her I move forward and smile as often as I can :-)
You brought tears to my eyes-thank you for being a part of our family. It means so very much to us. I read the board to her all the time and she knows the wonderful folks on here think of her and send her love from all over!
This board helps keep my spirits high and this swap and the friends I make through it continues to make me smile-thank you!
Hugs
April
Old 05-13-2010, 08:13 AM

You are the strongest woman I know.
I love you and cherish you my dearest friend!

Originally Posted by LovingIzabella
Originally Posted by hoppyfrog
Hi Hoppy
I try not to expunge on my medical issues because I never want anyone to think I am looking for pity or anything like that but I like to make people aware-that is my mission and I am always happy to share if someone asks. Knowledge is power! :-)
Life does seem to like to try and beat me down sometimes-but I refuse to let it. My daughter is my guiding light and for her I move forward and smile as often as I can :-)
You brought tears to my eyes-thank you for being a part of our family. It means so very much to us. I read the board to her all the time and she knows the wonderful folks on here think of her and send her love from all over!
This board helps keep my spirits high and this swap and the friends I make through it continues to make me smile-thank you!
Hugs
April
Old 05-13-2010, 11:15 AM

I just got this REALLY cute block in the mail from HoppyFrog!! Her points and seams are PERFECT! I cant wait till I grow up and get this good!! hee hee hee

Thanks HoppyFrog
[ATTACH=CONFIG]67812[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-67807.jpe  
Old 05-13-2010, 11:26 AM

Thank you for the very nice compliment. :lol:
Old 05-13-2010, 01:17 PM

April, it's nice to see you back again and I'm sending prayers your way that you'll be feeling better!

I hit the squishie jackpot today! Three blocks came home. Purplemem did a stunning block with greens. Might I say, her points are amazing! Kysmommy2 used a fun blue checked that perfectly goes with the blue checked flowers. And I love the fussy cut flower added to the middle - so much fun! And next, buddy'smom used red to create a stunning star with a twist - I've never seen one like that and when I unfolded the block, it was a really cool surprise! Thank you everyone!

Air Castle from purplemem
[ATTACH=CONFIG]66785[/ATTACH]

from kysmommy2 - block name?
[ATTACH=CONFIG]66824[/ATTACH]

from buddy'smom - block name?
[ATTACH=CONFIG]66850[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-66780.jpe   attachment-66819.jpe   attachment-66845.jpe  
Old 05-13-2010, 02:33 PM

:-D :-D What a Great Shopping Day!!! I spent 2 1/2 hours picking out Boomerang Block fatquarters!! I am very excited to get started back on your blocks now!!!

April...Thank you for sharing your personal story. I will add you and Izzy to my prayers.
Old 05-13-2010, 02:48 PM

sorry ladies have not been on here for a few days...

I have sent blocks out on 5/12 to:

nancyinla
salmonsweet
craftymainemom
mistiliz
norbanaquilts

I am still missing 8ths from:
cjt_mama
krazy4quilts
mosher92
reneebobby

if you have sent them please let me know and I will double check my box for them.

thanks
tink121272