Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boomerang Friendship Swap 7.0 Now Closed  for Sign-ups!!Mailing deadline is July 15, >

Boomerang Friendship Swap 7.0 Now Closed for Sign-ups!!Mailing deadline is July 15,

Boomerang Friendship Swap 7.0 Now Closed for Sign-ups!!Mailing deadline is July 15,

Old 03-06-2012, 06:55 PM

Actually the fat 8ths should be alot heavier than just the block...there is alot less fabric in the block...But it does also go by thickness...I go inside and they slide them through a slot and if it rubs at all they say it needs the laterger postge,,,the 65 or 66 cents ones...Its really better just to pay the 66 cents and not have anyone have to pay for postge due,,,I was told sometimes they let you get away with it other times no...so lets not take a chance.
My husband is a letter carrier and he says sometimes they collect sometimes not
Old 03-06-2012, 08:25 PM

The boomer i was in that just finished i never had postage due from anyone,i hope no one had any from me,i went to post office and mailed them and the postman said my postage was fine. Please let me know if anyone had postage due i want it to be right,not fair to anyone having to pay for my mailing.Thanks. Linda.
Old 03-07-2012, 02:16 PM

I hope that if anyone paid any extra postage from my envelopes they let me know. I did have each and everyone of the weighed from the post office. Can't wait to get this next one going...
Old 03-07-2012, 02:27 PM

I only had one come back to me that I hadnt put enough postage on. Never got any from anyone saying there was postage due either! I cant wait to get started!!
Old 03-07-2012, 03:47 PM

Where do you get the greeting card size envelopes?
Old 03-07-2012, 03:57 PM

Office max
Old 03-07-2012, 10:19 PM

Well, if any one had to pay postage for me let me know, I will send it back to you, I had a couple with finished blocks but I just paid it and went on, my postmaster said .44 was good enough with the one I sent because she put it through that letter thing to see thickness and I use press and seal to it lays flat and she said looks like a letter to me. So with that said if I owe you PM me and I will give it back dont know unless you tell me, usually if I don't put a enough postage on it they send it back to me and of course they use my stamps to mail it back to me...LOL......I may just go to post office and see how much one goes for then go from there to see how much it goes for this round...then I will know for certain...Sometimes I've even put to much postage on it hard to judge at home if you don't have a scale and one of those letter dooo daads...LOL.
Donna

Originally Posted by yayaquilts View Post
When I weighed the envelopes (regular legal white envelope) on a PO scale, it said they should have 65 cents since they are over 1 oz. I did get a couple envelopes in boom 6 swap with postage due.

Last edited by Lv2sew2011; 03-07-2012 at 10:21 PM.
Old 03-07-2012, 10:51 PM

i found it depended on the clerk you get at the p.o. one let them all go at 44 cents, and another insisted on 64 cents. they arrived at my house with every am't you could imagine, and none were refused, and none were sent back to me. my first boom i was told by one person that they had to pay a dime, or something, but she chose to p.i.f. no big deal. i don't think anyone sends it out with too little postage on purpose. go to your p.o. and find out how much they want. the yellow clasp envelopes cost me 64cents, white envelopes 44 cents. that's all i know. good luck!
Old 03-08-2012, 06:42 AM

Hi all,
Sorry I have been MIA had some things going on at home and work had to take care of. But I am back (isn't that scarey? LOL)
I hope you are all getting really really excited!!
Hugs
April
Old 03-08-2012, 10:29 AM

I just PM'd and am looking forward to joining the group. This sounds like a great group. Onalee