Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boomerang Swap 15 - Sign Ups Open Until June 2 or ??? >

Boomerang Swap 15 - Sign Ups Open Until June 2 or ???

Boomerang Swap 15 - Sign Ups Open Until June 2 or ???

Old 05-17-2015, 09:02 AM

In agreement moonwork! Watch your sizes swappers. Try to get to that 11x18 inch size of USABLE fabric. Selvages don't count!

Thank you!
Originally Posted by moonwork42029 View Post
Oh... I almost forgot.... I did run into this a couple times in the past....

The 11 x 18 fabric needs to be "fully usable" fabric ....

Please be sure to allow for the selvages because you can lose vital cutting abilities if the selvage is "part" of the 11" or 18".

If in doubt, trim off the selvage and then make your 11 x 18 cuts.

On some of my fabric this time, the edge will be slanted but there is no less than 11 x 18 ... I allowed for extra because who ever cut the fabric off the bolt did a wonderful "angle" cut and rather than waste that fabric by trimming it down to 18", I just included it.

Old 05-17-2015, 09:07 AM

@flowergurl, the last boom was my first ever (though not my first swap) and I have to say it is my favorite swap format now. If you join in you won't regret it. The blocks you get back are awesome, a lot of times things you wouldn't have thought to do w/ your fabric. And since they all have a common fabric easier to "marry" into a quilt. Janice has a link in her posts to the last boom's picture gallery, go take a look and see what we all did on the last one. You can see there are all skill levels involved, so if your new to piecing don't let that scare you, it is a great opportunity to grow your skill set since your doing it for others and you want it to be more "right" then if you were doing it for yourself. (I am much more likely to cut corners on my stuff then on something I am doing for someone else) 12.5 inch square is the all important thing, that and having fun.
Old 05-17-2015, 10:17 AM

How nice of you to say, Kass!
Originally Posted by Kassaundra View Post
@flowergurl, the last boom was my first ever (though not my first swap) and I have to say it is my favorite swap format now. If you join in you won't regret it. The blocks you get back are awesome, a lot of times things you wouldn't have thought to do w/ your fabric. And since they all have a common fabric easier to "marry" into a quilt. Janice has a link in her posts to the last boom's picture gallery, go take a look and see what we all did on the last one. You can see there are all skill levels involved, so if your new to piecing don't let that scare you, it is a great opportunity to grow your skill set since your doing it for others and you want it to be more "right" then if you were doing it for yourself. (I am much more likely to cut corners on my stuff then on something I am doing for someone else) 12.5 inch square is the all important thing, that and having fun.
Old 05-17-2015, 10:47 AM

Good Sunday Afternoon Fellow Boomers! Looks like we have a new first time Boomer.....you're gonna love this Flowergirl! Been looking at fabric choices and I have decided on this one. I thought.....well .....we all could use a romantic 2-3 months in Paris.....right ? Ahhhhhh...yes......the smell of Expresso and fresh baguettes! Strolling the Champa....leesie (Tennessee pronunciation)and finding the right seat at the little french cafe to start the day off right!

The more I look at this fabric, the more I can't wait to share it with my Boomer Buds! Lots of opportunities for fussy cutting and I have plenty of this fabric to be generous....so everyone can have a mug rug to boot!

Ok ....so who is that French guy that sings "Thank Heaven for Little Girls"? Going to download some French music and start dinner.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]519871[/ATTACH]

Buzzy Bee Beatty
Attached Thumbnails album-cover.jpg  
Old 05-17-2015, 11:04 AM

Maurie Chevalie I know that isn't spelled right, but the pronunciation Okie style is like the morey eel (sort of) and she (w/ a soft e) val (w/ a soft a) yeah
Old 05-17-2015, 12:38 PM

I am still thinking about it.
I work third shift and I'm not sure if i would have time to sew 20 blocks.
It does look like loads of fun tho.
I do have a 12.5 inch square for squaring up blocks.
Let me think on it some more..

I am using a variety of fabric with "peach/orange sherbet" in it.
We can send different fabrics or should it all be the same one?

Last edited by Flowergurl; 05-17-2015 at 12:49 PM.
Old 05-17-2015, 02:57 PM

Originally Posted by Flowergurl View Post

First welcome flowergurl I hope you decide to play its really amazing how fast you can get 20 blocks done, if you join the three month group thats 12 weeks, less than 2 blocks a week and thats only if 20 people besides you decides to join that group. second you can send as many different fabrics as you like my first boom I sent all different 30's reproduction fabrics, last boom one person sent several different reds, Moonwork sent a variety of the peach fabrics. its all up to you. If you go to Janice's signature and click on the link you can see all the different fabrics that were sent and all the blocks that were made. Like Kassaundra said its great to see what everybody does with your fabric...some are very out of the box thinkers some are very traditional yet others like me are a little of both and all of those awesome blocks combined make for a great sampler quilt.

Im in again this is my fabric this time its going to be a couch quilt for my sister

also Bee Love the french fabric how fun is that. and Terri I don't think its too big they are pretty tightly packed I think some of the blocks with the smaller squares they might get lost but I think for the most part they will be very visible, they look smaller than the fabric I sent last time and personally I love how all my blocks came out.
Attached Thumbnails 20150516_163504_resized_1.jpg  

Last edited by Billi; 05-17-2015 at 03:06 PM. Reason: Pictures
Old 05-17-2015, 04:21 PM

Bee love your fabric can speak a little French but sure can't write it

Billi love your fabric are you going to use it for both swaps. I purchased a few more pattern books and as long as there are no problems with Mom I plan on taking my time and trying new patterns out. Will let the fabric speak to me

How is Mr. Billi doing?
Old 05-17-2015, 05:12 PM

Originally Posted by terriamn View Post
Bee love your fabric can speak a little French but sure can't write it

Billi love your fabric are you going to use it for both swaps. I purchased a few more pattern books and as long as there are no problems with Mom I plan on taking my time and trying new patterns out. Will let the fabric speak to me

How is Mr. Billi doing?
I'm pretty sure I'll be doing both again if so yes I'm sending the same for both its not like I have a bolt of it......oh wait yes I do :-0 couldn't help myself it was a good deal hahahaha

Mr Bill is.......well its been one hell of a week Surgery to repair the CSF leak was Tuesday it went smoothly but was incredibly invasive. he was doing pretty well till late Wednesday when someone left the drain in his back open and 100ml drained out and left no csf in his head, that caused some bleeding on the brain and brutal brutal headache.......No I didn't yell at them both his surgeons the PA and the charge nurse lit them up pretty well there was nothing left for me to say. Good news is the bleeding was minimal and he will recover from it fully. Then Thursday they found a blood clot in his right femoral artery, even with the ted hose and the leg massagers he developed one...He can't have blood thinners because of the brain surgery so they had to insert a cava filter, basically an umbrella shaped colander to filter any clots and keep them from getting to his heart. thank god they found it but seriously karma did he really need one more thing??????

I brought him home yesterday and he's in a lot of pain just barely making it from pain med to pain med. If we don't see significant improvement tomorrow I am calling the Dr I don't care what he says this is just awful for him. He is literally mentally the strongest human being I know I hate to see him so debilitated. The last few days has reminded that there is a very good reason why I never became a nurse.

Sorry you asked yet? hahaha
Old 05-17-2015, 05:12 PM

Hello there, Flowergurl, Sign-ups are scheduled to stay open to 6/2 so you have time to decide. Just an fyi, while I cannot predict the final group size, generally group size is about 16. That means you would have to make 15 blocks, one for each of the other 15 members. However, if there is great interest, I will take up to 20 in a group but NEVER any more than that. It becomes too much for many people. At 20 people, you would be making 19 blocks. As for fabric, you can send ANYTHING you like. Some people send one fabric, some send a different fabric to each person. It's about what you want to send.

For everyone, in a few days, I will begin to post numbers of sign-ups in each group. Remember, you can join one group or both groups, just let me know if anyone wants to change what they've already signed up for.
Originally Posted by Flowergurl View Post

Last edited by Janice McC; 05-17-2015 at 05:22 PM. Reason: clarification