Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boomerang Swap 15 - Sign Ups Open Until June 2 or ??? >

Boomerang Swap 15 - Sign Ups Open Until June 2 or ???

Boomerang Swap 15 - Sign Ups Open Until June 2 or ???

Old 05-17-2015, 05:24 PM

Hugs to you and extra gentle ones for Mr. Bill...hang in there. It's just GOT to improve!

Originally Posted by Billi View Post

Mr Bill is.......well its been one hell of a week...He is literally mentally the strongest human being I know I hate to see him so debilitated. The last few days has reminded that there is a very good reason why I never became a nurse.

Sorry you asked yet? hahaha
Old 05-17-2015, 07:59 PM

Really enjoy seeing all the fabrics. Miss making blocks! Been working on my UFO's! Will get Boom 11 quilt on the long arm this week. As for Nana's Giggle Quilt.....it is priceless! Heartfelt thanks to everyone who put so much love into this Boom 14 quilt! Will be quilting this one myself. Can't wait to get started.

Kass...thanks for helping me remember who made that song so wonderful! Look forward to swapping with you again!

Billie.....you are on my mind tonight...I know how hard it is to watch someone you love bear so much pain, fear and discouragement! You have given me so much wisdom while caring for my Mother...it has really helped me find peace and just love her by being there....and letting her be who she is right now and just be me with her. She and I have grown so close over the past months....learning how to love each other unconditionally as we make this journey together. Praying for healing and comfort for you both and your family.

Below is an entry I made to my journal. I am keeping it to capture many of the thoughts and feelings I am experiencing during this time with my Mother.

" I am beginning to understand that God has given us all the ability to bring about healing - clearly for ourselves and others.....when I love you unconditionally...I am able to see you as you are without judgment....only truth. I see that your truth is much like mine - fearing fear itself, wishing for answers that have no questions, waiting for love without loving......its when I begin to see you in truth......that I see me. And its there that I find the courage to face my own truth! There I find empathy and wisdom that surpasses all understanding.....and there I find peace....the wisdom and peace of God which brings about healing - mind, body and spirit."

Terriamn....love your poinsettas! Working on Christmas in July is a favorite project for me.

Flowergirl...if you do the three month group...making 19 blocks ( leaving the one you make for you last), it works out to be about one block every 5 days! If you keep your designs simple at first...they will go fast. If you don't already know about QuiltersCache.com, check it out. There are many beautiful and simple patterns to follow for 12.5 inch block construction. We are all here to help you with questions anytime.

Sleep well everyone!
Bee
Old 05-17-2015, 08:13 PM

Bee B. your last swap fabric has made it into my La Pass quilt project, see the little flowers

It doesn't look finished but it is. It inter connects w/ other rosettes. I love musicals and Gigi is one I really like even though the subject matter is horrible

Billie I am sorry it has been so hard on you and your husband, I hope it gets better for you guys.
Attached Thumbnails dsc_0003.jpg  
Old 05-18-2015, 03:20 AM

Bee, this is wonderful fabric! A couple of years back, DH and I sat in a corner café on the Champs Elysees, about as near to the l'Arc de Triomphe as you could get and still be in a café. We had espresso and a pastry. It was delicious! Corner seat, fabulous view and wonderful people-watching. Of course, it was late winter and grey outside, but it didn't diminish the thrill. (He goes every 2 years on biz and I usually go with him. I've been lucky enough to go to Paris about half a dozen times in my life and always thoroughly love it.) This fabric brings me those memories. Great choice! [QUOTE=Bee Beatty;7198350]Good Sunday Afternoon Fellow Boomers! Looks like we have a new first time Boomer.....you're gonna love this Flowergirl! Been looking at fabric choices and I have decided on this one. I thought.....well .....we all could use a romantic 2
Old 05-18-2015, 04:04 AM

I'm already looking at quilt blocks and deciding which ones to make. LOL
I'll give it a go, it looks like fun. My fabric will most likely be several different colors.
I do love stars, but i will be very happy with whatever anyone decides to send me.
I do tend to favor scrappy quilts, but like them all.
Whatever color that you think goes well with my fabric is fine. I am easy to please.
I need the 3 month group please.
Old 05-18-2015, 04:31 AM

Billi sending prayers for healing for Mr. bill and big hugs for you. It breaks my heart to see loved ones suffer.keep us updated so we can support you. That's what friends are for.

bee my Mom has a new doctor and is a differnt person. She also has a 92 year old gentleman beau that has helped her out look on life

this is one of my for sure fabrics, i think someone else also used it in one of the past swaps.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]519938[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  
Old 05-18-2015, 07:36 AM

Terri I have that same fabric in blue and in purple. Have not used it yet because I didn't buy enough of it to do a swap. I think I got mine from connecting threads!! Its even prettier in real life!
Old 05-18-2015, 08:15 AM

Yes this is from Connecting threads and I think I bought it while on sale. Not sure if I want a white on white for background and any colors in fabric or just pick any colors from fabric and use tone on tones or small prints with the fabric. I am supposed to be cleaning house today. Dh is in Chicago and no interruptions. So far I have a very clean shower and toilet and that is it. Have to kick myself in hind end and get busy
Old 05-18-2015, 12:27 PM

Kass...what beautiful work! I am not familiar with this technique at all. Very striking with the black and white. If you need more of the garden fabric, just let me know...I have plenty. How big will this be when it is done? Love to see how it evolves.
Old 05-18-2015, 12:39 PM

Terriamn.....I think your fabric choice is great! I agree with Joan...I bet it is a knockout.....live! It is funny that you mention about your Mom having a little romance to light up her day.....so wonderful for her. My Mom has just become friends with a gentleman who was just admitted. He has same challenges with worsening dementia. They meet again for the first time every day! I remember the first day I met Mr. B.......and if I could experience that "flutter" of my heart everyday......well .....that would just be wonderful! I felt like I was 16 again Ok....Boomers ....here's the romantic question of day.....What is the name of your still favorite, most romantic love song?

Last edited by Bee Beatty; 05-18-2015 at 12:42 PM.