Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boomerang Swap 16 - Sign-Ups Open >

Boomerang Swap 16 - Sign-Ups Open

Boomerang Swap 16 - Sign-Ups Open

Old 02-12-2016, 08:01 PM

Hi Everyone,
I'm new to this swap, but I have many swaps in different forums under my belt. Looking forward to getting to know all of you.
Old 02-12-2016, 08:22 PM

Originally Posted by katsdar View Post
Hi Everyone,
I'm new to this swap, but I have many swaps in different forums under my belt. Looking forward to getting to know all of you.
Hi there, nice to have you on board. There are several of us on this site (but some have different names)
Old 02-13-2016, 05:22 AM

Since it appears we will have several new people this round, why don't we post a little something about ourselves and/or our quilting? I'll start. I've been quilting since about 2000 when a friend introduced me to it. My main hobby until that point was counted cross stitch. I came to love quilting over the next few years, but my favored part is the piecing. Once that's done, I lose interest, hence a good number of UFOs are stashed around my house. (I'm working on them now.). I picked this swap up over two years ago and love admin'ing it. I'm weird that way. On a more personal note, I'm married, have two grown sons, and my mother who will be 86 in less than a month now lives with us. I've got two dogs, a mutt and a pit bull and two cats, one I inherited that I really didn't want but am adjusting to and my 16 year old, too thin to really be alive cat who rules the other four-leggeds with an iron paw. (Never mess with Gracie.) That's me in a nutshell.

Next?
Old 02-13-2016, 05:59 AM

Hello, New Participants, welcome aboard the Boom Bandwagon. We have lots of fun and chatter on here. We're all just one big family.
I've been quilting so many years now that I really forget how long it's been. I, too, love the piecing part of the process more than the actual quilting part. Lots of UFO blocks here. I think I'm swap addicted.
I'm a widow with 3 children, 6 grandchildren and 2 great-grandchildren. They are my world. There's nothing like the babies to keep you young at heart.
After quilting, my next love is fishing the Outer Banks of NC. Folks, that's a slice of heaven. I love it there. I don't have pets, so I can pick up and go where-ever and whenever I want to. I enjoy doing charity work through my sewing. The latest is pillowcase dresses for my church's mission trip to South America. Now I'm ready for quilt blocks again!

Next?
Old 02-13-2016, 06:09 AM

I have sewn ever since I can remember, when I started I mostly sewed clothes. I have puttered w/ quilting since I was a teen, lo those many years ago! lol But I too love the piecing soooo much more then the quilting. I am self taught and don't follow many rules, I love the off road adventure of experimenting w/ quilting ideas that pop into my head you never know what I'll try next, as some of the returning ladies can testify to, lol lol lol I do make exceptions to my rule breaking ways during swaps (size and colors and quilting cotton and the like). I have been married to a soft hearted animal lover for 24 years so have more pets then is reasonable. (4 dogs and a cat) We also have chickens and rabbits (for food and fun), some of our chickens are featherless (yes completely naked) I repurpose wool sweaters and toddler onsies into fall and winter clothes for them. I am a paramedic and have very inappropriate humor response to many things (to the dismay of my longsuffering husband). We have no children, but lots of nieces and nephews (and grands too). To the bottom of my toenails I hate all things winter and cold (except ice cream), love photography especially nature and macro. Well that's all I can think of now.
Old 02-13-2016, 06:12 AM

Oh and as you can see from my signature line I am a huge Whovian, for those of you not in the know, that is a fan of the British scifi show Doctor Who.
Old 02-13-2016, 08:13 AM

Welcome to all the new swappers. I have been quilting for about 20 years and also prefer to piece. Just bought a sit down quilting machine and in the learning stage. I am married, we have a beloved 10 year old dog, four children and five grand children. The three younger ones live 10 minutes away. Have been retired for little over a year and loving every minute of it. Currently I have a broken foot and have to stay off the darn thing but can feel it getting stronger every day. Won't be long and I'll be happily sewing away again.
Old 02-13-2016, 09:07 AM

Howdies y'all. I'm one of the many Lisa's that lurk this board and it can get confusing between me and the other Moon...

We've live in Possum Trot, KY (yeah it's real) and actually live about 15 miles from the Paducah Quilt museum...now the hard to believe part....I've never ever been to the Quilt show. Always have to work and trust me the traffic is just not worth the hassle to us locals. I have the Hancocks of Paducah within 15 minutes and a Quilt in a Day store in less than that. But my favorite LQS is in the town where I work and her fabrics are still priced around $6 to $8 per yard for the most part.

We have 2 beyond rotten cats in the house that allow us to feed them daily and a guard cat outside that has run off most of the other cats but she doesn't seem to understand the skunks, possums and raccoons are not suppose to share her food.

Between me and my hubby we have 5 grown kids and 9 grands. We live about 5 miles from Kentucky Lake and enjoy our pontoon dragging the grands around on tubes and water skis. When we don't have them with, we feed the fish because we sure don't seem to catch them.

I've sewn for eons, like most, started with clothes and have evolved to quilting. I like piecing but have to learn to quilt because my hubby thought I needed a long arm so we've had one for about 3 years now and maybe have done 4 or 5 quilts on it. I use my Pfaff 1473 that I've had since 1990 as my main machine even though I have several others. I am starting to show one of the Grand daughters (10 yrs) how to sew and she seems to like it. She's made some shorts and pillow cases and the fabric boxes.
Old 02-13-2016, 09:18 AM

Welcome newbies! Ive been doing this boom since # 8 I think..I have quilted one way or another since I was 12, with my grandmother Hawkins who had a hugh wooden frame always set up in her dining room. really started in 1991 when my boyfriends mother told me I could NEVER do a catherdial window quilt because it was TOO hard..had to prove her wrong..I also love piecing, use to hand quilt all my quilts then found a wonderful couple who do the machine quilting for me..WAY too many stashed in my house now... :} I have 2 children, 16 years apart....have 7 grandchildren and 4 great grandchildren..so far..the youngest grands are onlyl 10,10,11 and 2...I retired in 2002 from the prison after 31 years...still work at a nursing home for past 11 years...LOVE working with people and love my residents...probably wont retire till they save me a room there!! LOL..Made a LOT of good friends on this boom swap site..its fun to listen to the chatter and the banter!! glad you are joining us!!
Old 02-13-2016, 09:27 AM

Hello everyone...I just returned to the board after a couple years away. I did several round robin quilts previously but since there does't seem to be any of those active right now I thought I would do some swaps instead.
I've also been sewing/quilting since I was a teen, mostly clothes at the beginning through 4H.
I've been quilting for years and I like piece the tops together the most...I've done several charity quilts over the years and right now I'm doing a lot of string quilts to shrink my stash and use up my scraps.

Looking forward to swapping with you all.