Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boomerang Swap 16 - Sign-Ups Open >

Boomerang Swap 16 - Sign-Ups Open

Boomerang Swap 16 - Sign-Ups Open

Old 02-12-2016, 08:03 AM

Default Sign-ups so far

Here is the list of those who have signed up so far. I've been contacted by others who are considering joining and some people have posted here as well but haven't "officially" signed up. Sign-ups will remain open until Feb 29 or until groups are filled. Remember, no group will be over 20. Should we reach that number, I will start a waiting list in case of last minute drop-outs.

The question did come up as to whether you may join more than one group, and the answer is yes. We routinely have swappers who join both however you must be sure you have the time to work both groups. I would discourage anyone who leaves block-making to the last minute from joining both.

2 Month Group:

Annaquilts
Jaba
Joanelizbay
Terriamn
Libster

3 Month Group:

Annaquilts
Bibliostone
GramE
Jaba
Jclinganrey
MonaG
Moonrise42049
Nelco
Terriamn
TravelingGramma

I will be somewhat unavailable this weekend so emails and posts may not be answered right away. I will definitely get back to anyone who emails me by Sunday night though. Have a wonderful weekend. And thank you to everyone who has signed up so far!
Old 02-12-2016, 08:58 AM

Originally Posted by Janice McC View Post
Here is the list of those who have signed up so far. I've been contacted by others who are considering joining and some people have posted here as well but haven't "officially" signed up. Sign-ups will remain open until Feb 29 or until groups are filled. Remember, no group will be over 20. Should we reach that number, I will start a waiting list in case of last minute drop-outs.

The question did come up as to whether you may join more than one group, and the answer is yes. We routinely have swappers who join both however you must be sure you have the time to work both groups. I would discourage anyone who leaves block-making to the last minute from joining both.

2 Month Group:

Annaquilts
Jaba
Joanelizbay
Terriamn
Libster

3 Month Group:

Annaquilts
Bibliostone
GramE
Jaba
Jclinganrey
MonaG
Moonrise42049
Nelco
Terriamn
TravelingGramma

I will be somewhat unavailable this weekend so emails and posts may not be answered right away. I will definitely get back to anyone who emails me by Sunday night though. Have a wonderful weekend. And thank you to everyone who has signed up so far!
Janice:

moonrise is different than moonwork42029 ... it's confusing because we're both Lisa

I did sign up for the 3 month --- moonwork42029

Close but no cigar for you today

Last edited by moonwork42029; 02-12-2016 at 09:01 AM.
Old 02-12-2016, 09:24 AM

You got that right, I inadvertently combined names here, mixed up both groups, but luckily not on my Xcel spreadsheet. I'd have discovered it soon but I'm glad you saw it so quickly. Thanks!

CORRECTED 2 MONTH LIST

Annaquilts
Jaba
Joanelizbay
Libster
Moonrise
Terriamn

CORRECTED 3 MONTH LIST

Annaquilts
Bibliostone
GramE
Jaba
Jclinganrey
MonaG
Moonrise
Moonwork42049

Nelco
Terriamn
TravelingGramma

Originally Posted by moonwork42029 View Post
...Close but no cigar for you today

Last edited by Janice McC; 02-12-2016 at 09:29 AM.
Old 02-12-2016, 11:18 AM

If anyone is interested in seeing blocks from some of the earlier boom swaps, just click below where it says Swap Blocks. That will take you to my photo bucket site. Different boomerangs (3-10) are listed on the left side. These albums show what I received and what I sent. Not always in order because every time photo bucket does an update, it rearranges my pictures.
Old 02-12-2016, 11:53 AM

Moonwork - love the raindrops - and always loved the contrast with black that others have made up.
Old 02-12-2016, 01:03 PM

Okay... I have made up my mind (mmmm for now, lol)

I am going to go with the Zebra Print and ask for all kinds of solid BRIGHT prints (or tone on tone that read as solid) to be used with it. My 10 year old grand daughter doesn't have a recent quilt and has outgrown her baby one so I guess she should be on top of the list for getting something new.

This will give me a great deal of leeway in sashing and cornerstones when that time comes.

Okay...yeah, this is final... yep, not going to change my mind when I see my stash at home...
Old 02-12-2016, 02:41 PM

Ohhh zebra print and brights for a 10 year old girl, the wheels are spinning!

I just sent my email I'm in for both groups.

I think I've chosen my fabrics, as of now these are them. I know they look a little matchy matchy waverly traditional, which face it I am not. (maybe why they are still in the stash). I really don't have a project in mind, some will get the floral others the stripes. Use any color in the floral (light / dark golden yellow, light / dark salmon, light / dark sage green) solids or prints, any combo or pattern that makes your heart sing. Those that get the striped fabric I will include a bit of the floral for color reference.
Attached Thumbnails dsc_0060.jpg  
Old 02-12-2016, 03:08 PM

Here's what I'm thinking of using. Only problem is the F8's are 9" x 21-22", not what the boss indicated. Not sure how much wiggle room we have.
Attached Images  
Old 02-12-2016, 03:28 PM

It's Metropolitan Fair by Barbara Brackman/Moda. Just a sampling of the collection but you get the idea - - -
Old 02-12-2016, 03:35 PM

Those are pretty, I see some awesome fussy cutting opportunities w/ some of them. What are you thinking for the fabrics we add?