Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boomerang Swap 16 - Sign-Ups Open >

Boomerang Swap 16 - Sign-Ups Open

Boomerang Swap 16 - Sign-Ups Open

Old 02-11-2016, 09:14 PM

I am in again. Been away for a bit with other swaps. Happy to see that I am not the only one that still have there boom blocks as UFO's. I have gotten 2 quilts made with boom blocks. I will have to do some searching to find pictures of them.

Now to locate the fabric I would like blocks made from. Here is a question to all of you. How many have gone to the 'modern' side of quilting?
Old 02-12-2016, 12:23 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by moonwork42029 View Post
I'm trying out fabrics...I actually have too many that it makes it difficult to go with any decision....

I have 2 bundles of these fat quarters...little tiny "raindrops" almost the size of sesame seeds sprinkle this fabric. It's hard to see them but they're there . I would ask for just black to be used with it.

Let me know what you think. I have a whole other way to go if I don't feel this one grow on me.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]542500[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]542501[/ATTACH]
Looks good! I would love to play with it and make something.
Old 02-12-2016, 12:32 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Nelco View Post
Here is a question to all of you. How many have gone to the 'modern' side of quilting?
I feel like you are asking how many went over to the dark side but then I just went to see Star Wars last week. I look at a lot of modern quilts but am definitely drawn to traditional quilts too. I do use solids a little more then I ever used to and try out some newer patterns but do not own many of the new fabrics like black and white combos.
Old 02-12-2016, 05:25 AM

Hello there, GramE! You pretty much have the idea already. You will send one FAT EIGHTH, not an eighth, to me for each person in your group. (We don't know how many that will be until sign-ups are over.) I will collect a set of fabrics from each person. When they are all here, I will then send out to you a package containing a FAT EIGHTH from every other group member. You will use the fabric you receive to make a block for each person. You can make any block you like but sometimes members request certain colors be used. I ask that you try to follow those requests. BUT sometimes people don't have color requests and tell you to use whatever colors you want to use. (The color requests will be attached to each fabric piece, if there are any requests.) When you finish making a block for each person using their fabric as well as some of your own, you will repackage them and send them back to me. I'll then redistribute the completed blocks to each member. You will get back a set of blocks made with your fabric, one made by every other Boom member.

Does that make sense? I hope so!
Originally Posted by GramE View Post
Ok, so I would supply one fat eighth for each member. Then I add to that to make each block? How do I know what color/shade to add?
Old 02-12-2016, 05:57 AM

Glad to see you back.

Originally Posted by Nelco View Post
I am in again. Been away for a bit with other swaps. Happy to see that I am not the only one that still have there boom blocks as UFO's. I have gotten 2 quilts made with boom blocks. I will have to do some searching to find pictures of them.

Now to locate the fabric I would like blocks made from. Here is a question to all of you. How many have gone to the 'modern' side of quilting?
Old 02-12-2016, 07:07 AM

Not sure what you mean by "modern"??? GramE and other's that may be new to the Boomerang swaps, here are some pic's from some of the last booms. The 1st pic I sent out the pottery type fabric and these are the blocks that I received back, 2nd one I sent out the red/white and asked that everyone only use white fabric. When I got my blocks back then I laid them out and these are some of the quilts that I have made...all are from boomerang swaps. Hope this will help explain
Old 02-12-2016, 07:11 AM

QB is not letting me load pics so will try again later
Old 02-12-2016, 07:24 AM

I might also go with a ZEBRA print and ask for bright (neon type) colors to be used with it.... My Granddaughter would go wild over that combo
[ATTACH=CONFIG]542514[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails zebra-fabric.jpg  
Old 02-12-2016, 07:39 AM

I just finished loading almost all pix of the Boom 14 blocks to the gallery. I combined Boom 14 groups to make it easier on me and they are filed under the owner's name, not the maker. A few pix simply wouldn't load up so I left them out. These are the pix only, I don't have the blockmaker's name attached to each block.

Boomerangswaps.weebly.com
Old 02-12-2016, 07:42 AM

Jaba, Boom 15 and Boom 14 blocks are now posted on boomerangswaps.weebly.com. This should make it easier for everyone. You all can go to one place to view the last couple of swaps. I might get around to loading the earlier Booms too but I don't see that kind of free time coming up soon.

Originally Posted by jaba View Post
QB is not letting me load pics so will try again later