Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boomerang Swap 16 - Sign-Ups Open >

Boomerang Swap 16 - Sign-Ups Open

Boomerang Swap 16 - Sign-Ups Open

Old 02-10-2016, 11:27 PM

Ha! I found you. I am thinking of doing this again. I havent had time to sew a thing since the last boom and i miss it. I also like to piece more than I do the quilting process. I have all my blocks from previous swaps still awaiting the puttin together.
This last weekend I ended up in the hospital with what they tell me was a TIA. A mini stroke. My BP was 235 over something.. never heard the bottom number once they said that first one...So, I need to relax more and quit stressing at work so much. Maybe this would help!
I would need the 3 month group I think. work keeps me going literally 7 days a week from 7AM until 10 or 11PM. But it will slow a bit im March and a lot after April 15th. I am hoping to plan a 3 or 4 day weekend down in Seaside in early May for sewing weekend at the WorldMark there. So I think that would be about the right timing.
I probably should go see if any fabric down the Fabric Musuem jumps out at me. I need to find at least 2 yards of something. And I am sure I have it down there..

A link to my albums showing previous booms is below.

Last edited by Bluelady; 02-10-2016 at 11:30 PM.
Old 02-11-2016, 01:01 AM

Okay, my fabric is washed, dried, and cut. Still gotta hit it with the iron. If there's more than 36 swappers (both groups combined), I'll have to come up with something. This fabric is no longer available so I can't order more. Don't that just figure! But anyway ...

My fabric is from a line called "Luminescence" by Connecting Threads. You will receive either the focal fabric or one of several coordinating fabrics. The focal fabric has flowers and leaves in shades of purple, turquoise, blue, teal, and green on a white background. If you receive a coordinating fabric, I will enclose a color photo of the focal fabric so you can see the colors better. Here's a link that may be helpful, too: http://blog.connectingthreads.com/vi...-luminescence/

As far as requests, I'm hoping for lots of purples and greens, with a few blues, turquoises, and teals sprinkled here and there. If you use white, please keep it to a minimum, as I'm wanting the predominate colors to be purple and green. NO BLACK OR NOVELTY/CHILDREN'S FABRICS, please. (I'll be putting this note in with my F8s, too.)

Here's a photo that shows the focal fabric (bottom) and most of the coordinating fabrics (top).

[ATTACH=CONFIG]542448[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails boom16fabricsall.jpg  
Old 02-11-2016, 03:31 AM

Ooooooh.....where is the like button? Don't you just love Connecting Threads?
Old 02-11-2016, 03:52 AM

Moonrise - I have made two quilts with that luminescence - why can't they bring it back - absolutely one of my fabric
Old 02-11-2016, 04:31 AM

Originally Posted by Libster View Post
Ooooooh.....where is the like button? Don't you just love Connecting Threads?
LOL! I keep looking for the "like" button here, too.

Originally Posted by travelinggramma View Post
Moonrise - I have made two quilts with that luminescence - why can't they bring it back - absolutely one of my fabric
Oooh! Pics if you can, please!
Old 02-11-2016, 05:06 AM

Wow Moon that is B.E.A.U.tiful. (ala Jim Carey)

I love seeing all the old swap blocks and finished quilts.

So many pictures already what fun ladies. I so wish there was a way that I could play this round but all I want is to make blocks for everybody I don't want any in return hahahaha. I am currently on a get things finished mode I do not have room for anymore ufo's and another swap would end up just that another ufo.

I have to miss this round I'll miss you guys but will peek in I won't be able to help myself.
Old 02-11-2016, 06:31 AM

Moonrise as soon as the fracture heels I will start PT. Some of what doc explained sounds like what they did for your Dh. They never mentioned the injections but I am only in the beginning of the journey. It's good to hear there is hope to getting the pain under control.
Old 02-11-2016, 06:34 AM

Billi I was worried Mr. Billi was having problems again, glad it's because of the desire for no more U FO's.
Old 02-11-2016, 06:37 AM

Moonrise that is beautiful fabric, it will be a joy to work with
Old 02-11-2016, 09:33 AM

My Boom 16 fabric.
Attached Thumbnails 101_0021-2-.jpg