Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boomerang Swap 25 - Sign-ups Now Open through 9/4 >

Boomerang Swap 25 - Sign-ups Now Open through 9/4

Boomerang Swap 25 - Sign-ups Now Open through 9/4

Old 09-02-2020, 03:02 AM

I've been selecting yardage from my stash, and I've been cutting it 10.5" WOF and cutting that in half and trimming selvages, so mine are usually around 10.5x 21". This does take 3 yards of fabric (after washing) but if you can only cut three widths going the other way, you'll need over three yards anyway. I've run into too much newer fabric that is closer to 42" before washing. But then I also have some vintage fabric that is way less than that!
Old 09-02-2020, 03:09 AM

CarrieM, that's how it starts...a bit of a Boom addiction! LOL

Originally Posted by carriem View Post
Oh good on the size...as a new boomer I went off the first post when cutting and just got done cutting my fabrics yesterday...none are smaller than 10"x18"...most are a bit more than that. Next time I will remember to cut at 11"x 18" (Is that good I am already planning for next time when we haven't even officially started?? lol)

I have them all bagged with a note included in each. I just need to print a label and can get in the mail yet this week.
Old 09-02-2020, 03:28 AM

Good morning! Does anyone have any suggestions for Group names? Last round we didn't have a name since it was just a single group. Ideas, anyone?

Old 09-02-2020, 05:06 AM

Jayne welcome back, it’s great to hear you have bounced back and are ready to sew again.

bugaroo love the sunflowers

The 3 month group I will be sending either a black Background with white print and would like you to only add a white background with A black print and a splash of bright yellow tone on tone. Or you will receive a white background with a black print that I would like a black background with white print and a splash of bright yellow tone on tone. These are going to join blocks from a former boom

We are looking for a new destination trailer for the lake. Now that hubby has retired a queen bed just doesn’t work. Previously we have only looked at a couple of them and found just what we wanted. Goodness there are so many options now and each unit has something we really like but then you lose another option that is a must have ( sewing area). Lots of fun.
Old 09-02-2020, 06:11 AM

It is so hard to choose a fabric for this swap. I think I have one and an idea for what I want made with it. I have the fabric setting out so I can familiarize myself with it and envision what a quilt with this in it will look like. Now to get it washed and ready to cut. Unless I change my mind that is.
Old 09-02-2020, 06:56 AM

Since my first boom was un-named, I'm not sure if there is any pattern or strategy for naming. But since it is a "boom" swap, we could go with something like "Cannoneers" or something strong and dominating like that.
Old 09-02-2020, 07:44 AM

We could do flowers like buttercups and daisies, roses and tulips
Birds like Bluejays and cardinals, robins and sparrows
Or, since the end of the swap will be close to the end of the year, we could use words associated with Thanksgiving or Christmas.

Old 09-02-2020, 11:51 AM

Default Boom Biz

I know a couple of you are already set to ship but I’m going to have everyone hold off shipping until signups are closed and the final groups are set. Sometimes people drop out at the last second or switch groups. I anticipate everyone beginning to ship right after Labor Day. I’ll send an email out with my contact info then and you all can begin shipping.

Thanks!

Old 09-02-2020, 06:32 PM

I like what klaws said about holidays... and thought of thankful and merry.
Old 09-02-2020, 06:42 PM
Power Poster

Why not simply call the groups Thanksgiving and Christmas, since that's about when they will be due?