Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boomerang Swap 25 - Sign-ups Now Open through 9/4 >

Boomerang Swap 25 - Sign-ups Now Open through 9/4

Boomerang Swap 25 - Sign-ups Now Open through 9/4

Old 09-03-2020, 02:59 AM

I like the holiday ideas too for names.
Old 09-03-2020, 03:31 AM

Reminder that sign-ups close tomorrow night. There’s still an opportunity to join the 2 month group. We’d love to have you join us for some quilty fun! Send me an email per post #1 if you are interested.
Old 09-03-2020, 05:17 AM

Names...things to ponder

September 6th is the 400 anniversary of the sailing of the Mayflower
Roman Numerals for 2020 is MMXX
It's also a leap year
Old 09-03-2020, 09:43 AM

How about pumpkins and snowflakes?

In the past I recall we have had members who didn’t celebrate Christmas and a Native American who didn’t celebrate Thanksgiving.
Old 09-03-2020, 09:52 AM

This is a good idea. Pumpkins and snowflakes, hmmm...
Originally Posted by mjpEncinitas View Post
How about pumpkins and snowflakes?

In the past I recall we have had members who didn’t celebrate Christmas and a Native American who didn’t celebrate Thanksgiving.
Old 09-04-2020, 03:55 AM

I really like going with seasonally inspired names.

I'll be spending another day helping DH get the roof on the new shed. Made really good progress today and should have no problem getting the roof done early enough we may also tackle installing the overhead door. Once that is done it will still need to be painted on the outside, and all the "junk" moved out of the garage and into the shed - but DH does not need my help for either of those so I should still get a three day weekend to sew!

I'm going to be running my embroidery machine a lot over the next few days, so that will give me time to work on a sewing project while babysitting the machine. I've got two sets of swap blocks, and a few ideas on how to put them together, so maybe that will get worked on.
Old 09-04-2020, 06:16 AM

Good morning, Boomers. Today is the last day to sign-up. Anyone out there still fence sitting needs to jump on down and join the fun! We do have a newbie to the QB who expressed an interest in signing up so I'm just waiting for the official email to add her.

Macybaby, enjoy your home projects today. I hope you have better luck than I do with my DH when it comes to home projects. He always has a complete and exact picture of how he wants things to go so my job is to stand there and hand him this or clean that, or point out a problem (an utterly thankless job) or whatever he needs. He's been known to "undo" something I've done perfectly well (imagine how well that went over with me!) and redo it. I shouldn't groan about this because I tend to do the same thing with him when it comes to my projects. Turn around is fair play. I wonder how this works in other households.

Tomorrow, when sign-ups have closed, I'll post the groups and the two month folks can tell me then if they want to do one block or the full swap's worth of 19. Depending upon how many want to do each, we may be able to give everyone what they want.

How is the fabric prep coming? Anyone else have pictures to post of their F8s? I think I've added all to the gallery so far. As for me, I haven't a clue what fabric I'm going to use. Guess I have to start thinking about it soon.

Have a great day!
Old 09-04-2020, 06:26 AM

Macybaby you have husband like mine. My husband has been doing lots of projects during the pandemic. I feel a little guilty because after I exercise I usually feel like reading a book. He's done some interesting ones. He made a fountain for outside using cracked pottery and an extra solar panel. He's still futzing with that. He spent 8 hours cleaning out the garage (didn't even make a dent). He's been keeping an herb garden, He cleaned out the drains in our sprinkler system, which involved renting a big router and some very minor injuries. Did you know you can add a bidet to a toilet? Fortunately my 24 year old 6'3" son is the official helper on all of these. He spends an hour a day helping my husband and one day his assignment was to clean out all the kitchen cabinets. Meanwhile I've only accomplished cleaning and organizing my sewing room and one clothes bureau. sigh Have been getting more quilting done than usual but not as much as I thought I would. Has anyone else found that too?

Last edited by mjpEncinitas; 09-04-2020 at 06:31 AM.
Old 09-04-2020, 09:37 AM

My 93yo mother has arrived. This will be a permanent placement until the Lord leads us elsewhere. I have been praying and preparing myself as to changing my view of what to expect – and that is expect nothing! Yesterday I gave her the task of putting all her things away in the bathroom. That led her to first empty the drawers etc and wash them out, which led her to notice the toilet so she scrubbed that and then the floor. Day two – she has finally cleaned it to her perfection, and is now organizing her stuff. It doesn’t bother me, she isn’t doing it maliciously, I think she is nesting! Next is to clean her bureau and start putting her things there. Takes her a long time to complete each task – but that is OK as it keeps her busy and active!.
My F8 are bagged and ready to mail, just need to put $$ in envelope for return postage.
Old 09-04-2020, 09:55 AM

Tomorrow we are leaving for Alabama. The plan is to try to leave around 3am and drive straight through stopping only for gas, it is a 16+ hour drive. Staying in a hotel half way to our destination is not an option for us this time, we don't want to take any chances with the Covid virus.
My package is ready to mail and I plan to do that one day next week.
TG, hope the transition for your mother in her new environment runs smoothly without any complications.