Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Calendar Sun Bonnet Sue - Sign-up Closes 28 Feb 2010 >

Calendar Sun Bonnet Sue - Sign-up Closes 28 Feb 2010

Calendar Sun Bonnet Sue - Sign-up Closes 28 Feb 2010

Old 07-09-2010, 07:50 AM

Okay Ladies, It is my turn to VENT a bit. There are many of you who have already sent in your blocks and are so patiently waiting to get your little girls back. I made it pretty clear that this swap depended on everyone who signed up to participate. I also gave a very generous amount of time for these to be completed - swap closed in February and not due till July 1st. Those of you who have contacted me, your reasons for being late are legit. And I most certainly appreciate your communication with me. This post is not intended towards those of you who have already sent in or pm'd me. We all enjoy the swaps, and many of us are in mulitple ones. It is a great board to share skills, knowledge, encouragement and most of all to make new friends. I, for one, am so very greatful for Admin and the Moderators for keeping this site up and running for all of our enjoyment. THANK YOU! It does upset me greatly, though, when commitments are made, not followed through with, and it affects the rest of those who DO keep their word. Okay, done with venting. Karen, Bless her nimble fingers and sewing machine, has come up with a suggestion that I am willing to present. Are any of us willing to take on another month (some of you ALREADY have two or three or four - Karen!) to make up the months that have been so inconsiderately neglected (venitng again). I have sent pm's to those, and have not even had the courtesy of a - sorry, can't do it at this time. There were a couple that did notify me of emergency situations that prevent them from participating, and I absolutely understand, this again, is not vented towards them. I would request the blocks be done and at my house by August 1st. Absolutely no later. This is a good three weeks to make 12 blocks. I am already past my promised deadline for returning the blocks.
January - need two, and one each for Mar, Apr, May, June, July, Oct and Dec. I am going to ask that you respond on this thread, not pm me, as I don't to get into assigning the same month duplicate times. I thank you for your understanding of MY frustration, I think if you were a host, you would be frustrated too!!! I love SBS, and really want this swap to be fun.
Old 07-09-2010, 07:58 AM

I dont blame you for being aggravated. I was one of the late ones so I hesitate in taking on another set, although now that I have done one it would probably go easier. I will look through my fabric and see if anything will work and let you know later today.
Old 07-09-2010, 07:58 AM

Thank you Deb! Nicely stated.
Old 07-09-2010, 08:08 AM

Okay did a quick fabric hunt and brainstorming session with DH and I will take July. Have a couple days free and will get right to it. DH says he will help. So put me down for July.
Old 07-09-2010, 08:09 AM

Originally Posted by Kaye-Kaye
I dont blame you for being aggravated. I was one of the late ones so I hesitate in taking on another set, although now that I have done one it would probably go easier. I will look through my fabric and see if anything will work and let you know later today.
Kaye-Kaye - you DID let me know....I appreciate it! This wasn't not meant towards you by any means....your blocks are great, and I love them!!
Old 07-09-2010, 08:10 AM

Originally Posted by Kaye-Kaye
Okay did a quick fabric hunt and brainstorming session with DH and I will take July. Have a couple days free and will get right to it. DH says he will help. So put me down for July.

Thank you so much. Your willingness means a great deal to the girls! July it is!
Old 07-09-2010, 08:11 AM

How about sending the block's you have and let us fill in the block's we need.
Old 07-09-2010, 08:24 AM

Thank you Kaye-Kaye!! How sweet of you to help out!
Old 07-09-2010, 08:41 AM
Power Poster

You have seen my blocks and know my skill lever :oops: But I can do October if no one else steps up... I have lots of Halloween fabric
Old 07-09-2010, 09:47 AM
Banned

I would love to help, but we are going on vacation un til the 18th and it cuts things pretty short, but if you don't get them all filled let me know, and I could consider. Thanks and I hear your frustrations. It was nicely said and not to offend anyone. I love the swaps and want them to continue.