Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Christmas ornament swap 2013 >

Christmas ornament swap 2013

Christmas ornament swap 2013

Old 10-03-2013, 07:03 PM

Okay Lynnie, I am sobbing as I type this...truly...(HONK!! That was me blowing my nose)...as your story is so very sad...I give in..you win...unless Brenda assigns ME as Lawsonmug's partner....bwahahahaaaaa!!! (Snidely Whiplash laugh...)
I have been watching Ebay some for a nice vintage child's sewing machine...but truthfully I have more machines than "Carters has pills" (saying I have heard all my life). So, I have refrained from bidding on one, for now...I would love to find a nice one that I can give to my lil granddaughter to use..but I know that's not practical... So, I bought the one I posted a link to below, in a year or 2, 3, etc. I hope to start her sewing simple line tracings on paper with the needle unthreaded with me right there to "help"...I have read where that is good practice and not so hard that she will get frustrated and not enjoy sewing. If she does, then we will go to something else and re-visit it later. :
http://www.amazon.com/Michley-LSS-20...sewing+machine
It does actually sew just a straight stitch, and is better than I figured. Seems by the reviews it is hit or miss, tho.
As she gets older I have a basic Brother machine that I bought on sale, I took it out of the box long enough to try it out, and it's now back in the box waiting for her to get older (she was 4 in June). She loves to sit on my lap and push the buttons to "help" me sew when she comes over. I want to try and make sure she always enjoys it, and not push the issue. I have such great memories of learning to sew with my grandma!
Take care,
Kif- whose story is not nearly as sad as Lynnie's....
Old 10-03-2013, 07:58 PM

those angel ornaments are so cute
Old 10-03-2013, 11:21 PM

Originally Posted by lawsonmugs View Post
Cindy will you please post a larger picture of your avatar? I can't tell for sure but it looks like a red rose.Thanks Mary
yes, it's a red rose. Unfortunately, my computer crashed & it's now only available here.
Old 10-04-2013, 01:00 AM

Cindy,
That stinks! Is it a pattern you made up? It's lovely.
K
PS I notice your posting time is also very late, or early...lol. Wondering if insomnia is a "Texas" thing...
Old 10-04-2013, 02:59 AM

Originally Posted by kiffie2413 View Post
Cindy,
That stinks! Is it a pattern you made up? It's lovely.
K
PS I notice your posting time is also very late, or early...lol. Wondering if insomnia is a "Texas" thing...
LOL! It's an almost blind toy poodle that can't tell day from night! I'm an early riser, usually @ 5 a.m., but he had me up a tad early this morning! I went back to bed though..

The rose is a pattern. Don't remember which one though. I just took that applique from it & designed the rest. I do that a lot, take just an element I like & incorporate it into whatever I'm making.
Old 10-04-2013, 04:08 AM

Cute ornaments!
Old 10-04-2013, 06:32 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Cindy60545 View Post
yes, it's a red rose. Unfortunately, my computer crashed & it's now only available here.
Thanks anyway. Maybe later. I'm sorry about your computer.I just had mine crash twice. 4 days apart. Very expensive.Good luck with yours.Love all the ornaments so far shown.Mary
Old 10-04-2013, 06:33 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by kiffie2413 View Post
Okay Lynnie, I am sobbing as I type this...truly...(HONK!! That was me blowing my nose)...as your story is so very sad...I give in..you win...unless Brenda assigns ME as Lawsonmug's partner....bwahahahaaaaa!!! (Snidely Whiplash laugh...)
I have been watching Ebay some for a nice vintage child's sewing machine...but truthfully I have more machines than "Carters has pills" (saying I have heard all my life). So, I have refrained from bidding on one, for now...I would love to find a nice one that I can give to my lil granddaughter to use..but I know that's not practical... So, I bought the one I posted a link to below, in a year or 2, 3, etc. I hope to start her sewing simple line tracings on paper with the needle unthreaded with me right there to "help"...I have read where that is good practice and not so hard that she will get frustrated and not enjoy sewing. If she does, then we will go to something else and re-visit it later. :
http://www.amazon.com/Michley-LSS-20...sewing+machine
It does actually sew just a straight stitch, and is better than I figured. Seems by the reviews it is hit or miss, tho.
As she gets older I have a basic Brother machine that I bought on sale, I took it out of the box long enough to try it out, and it's now back in the box waiting for her to get older (she was 4 in June). She loves to sit on my lap and push the buttons to "help" me sew when she comes over. I want to try and make sure she always enjoys it, and not push the issue. I have such great memories of learning to sew with my grandma!
Take care,
Kif- whose story is not nearly as sad as Lynnie's....
Yeah I agree Lynnie's story is pretty sad. hugs Mary
Old 10-04-2013, 11:31 AM
Power Poster

here's some more sad news. I saw a great toy machine on ebay, but i'm to feebleminded to figure out how to bid on ebay. actually, about 5 yrs ago, I signed up and can't remember all the stuff, so I can't bid. maybe my grey (really white hair) is growing on the inside of my head, and I can't think straight anymore. that's a new disease ya know. new disease get a lot of sympathy, and sympathy gets one a cute machine. also, my kitty zoey has had fur balls all over my off white carpet(bought the condo that way...i'm not that crazy to buy off white carpeting). so that's sad too!!!!oh, and the doc wants her to loos 1/2 lb. she loves her treats, and has to cut back, soooo sad!!!!
Old 10-04-2013, 01:37 PM

Here are some pics of what I am making. I'm doing a little different colored beads.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]439709[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]439710[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails dsci2910email.jpg   dsci2912email.jpg