Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Christmas ornament swap 2015 >

Christmas ornament swap 2015

Christmas ornament swap 2015

Old 10-16-2015, 05:55 AM

Last year we did not put up a tree and most likely we won't this year. However, I am planning to hang ornaments from the window wells on varying lengths of ribbon. This way I can enjoy all the ornaments I have collected.
Old 10-16-2015, 06:10 AM

I don't put up a tree any more either. I love to decorate, but hate to take it all down. Plus we live in the sticks and really don't have visitors, the kids all live other places.....Dallas, Denver, Seattle. So what's the point. But I do keep a bin of 'special' ornaments that I hang from one of those wire type trees or from the mantel or windows. So I do make it cheery for us! I am looking forward to this swap as it sounds simple and stress free. I figure I will make several of the ones I have planned and use them as gifts for others too. So much easier to make several of one than one of several different ideas. My 'mom cave' is such a mess right now with all the different projects going on! My husband noticed just last night that I appear to be bursting out because I now have projects in places all over the house! LOL
Old 10-16-2015, 07:48 AM

Originally Posted by roseirish48 View Post
i dont put up a tree anymore but love getting ornaments and making them for this swap. i see everyone talking but ornaments like they must go on tree but like one person said" flat to hang on a all" is good also. Couple years ago i did quilted banners for the two swappers i had. you may see them on the second page of my album marked 'quilts" one is redwork angels and other said JOY. i have also done cross stitch ornaments in a banner style although smaller o could go on tree or wall. i believe Dedemac got one last year. i m still kicking ideas round for this year so not as fr advanced on this swap as my baby girl Anastasia. i hve seen the ornament she is making and it is sooo cute.
No I got Peace last year, and liked it so much I forgot to put it away until February.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]533526[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails dsci3636.jpg  
Old 10-16-2015, 08:07 AM

I'm in too! Now to go back and read the thread........
Old 10-16-2015, 08:15 AM
Power Poster

All signed in tlambing, you are number 39. Have fun and show and tell ideas whenever you wish.
Old 10-16-2015, 08:39 AM

Your tree is absolutely beautiful! Perfect color choices.

Originally Posted by Dedemac View Post
My brother has two cats and hasn't put up a tree for a while. Since he usually hosts Christmas I am giving him the following as a present this year. It's about 12 by 13, just have to finish some decoration.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]533436[/ATTACH]
Old 10-16-2015, 01:35 PM

Dedemac -- love your Peace banner! I would've left it there all year.

We still put up a tree because hubby is a kid at heart. And he does most of the work, too, so I'm okay with that! (But I remember him saying last year that I can also hang up ornaments on the tree, so I may be in trouble! When I was a kid, I was the one who had to decorate the tree because I was the littlest & it was supposed to be fun! But since I was the youngest, it was my forever job.)
Old 10-16-2015, 01:45 PM

It looks like I might be spending Christmas in California next year, with 2 kids relocating there. So this year, it will be a big live tree and a big bouquet of white branches in my studio. We are doing the big tree in white, because there ain't no snow in SF, and my quilty pieces go on the white branches. I hang a garland in my bedroom for the handmade ornaments the kids made over the years. My son will be a traveling scholar on fellowship in Vietnam in December. It will be so weird to celebrate without him.
Old 10-16-2015, 02:08 PM

Hubby and I still enjoy doing the big tree. Out back yard buts up to a Christmas Tree farm so we go over there and every year and cut down out tree. Yes, we do pay for it. I love having a real tree, but I do hate the mess of the needles.

Last year over Thanksgiving break my Grandson came out and wanted to make handmade ornaments. Maybe I will have to get him out to the house earlier this year so he can make ornaments as Nana makes hers for the swap.
Old 10-16-2015, 05:31 PM
Power Poster

We put up a white table top tree. I use to always only have a green tree, so it was just a change to have white and so many colors are pretty on it. We do have white lights too.

Years ago we had up a big green tree, but one of our doggies got into the lights and got shocked until everything was shut down, so we don't do that anymore.

I worked on another ornament last night. I am having so much fun with them.