Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Closed - " Batiks, Batiks, Batiks !!!!" April 2012 10.5 Layer Cake swap.... >

Closed - " Batiks, Batiks, Batiks !!!!" April 2012 10.5 Layer Cake swap....

Closed - " Batiks, Batiks, Batiks !!!!" April 2012 10.5 Layer Cake swap....

Old 04-17-2012, 10:08 AM

Originally Posted by SheriR View Post
Chocolate AND fat quarters??? I'm gonna be looking for that wand!!!
I dunno about you but chocolate gives me fat quarters!!! But, does that stop me from going back for more??? Noooooooooooo!!!!!!!
Old 04-17-2012, 10:15 AM

Originally Posted by luvTooQuilt View Post
we are ready !!!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]328019[/ATTACH]

cold storage cellar- concrete walls on all sides...
with all the amenities needed to survive a storm.. stuffed animals, favorite blanket and toys, doz flashlights and batteries, bottled water, canned goods, and even junk food!!!
Here she was watching her dvd's on my laptop..... shes comfortable (and less scared) with her favorite things around her...
All the amenities? Um, I think you forgot something UBER important in that list... FABRIC!!!! Hey, not only is it fab-u, but it could come in handy, too. You could use it to tether yourself to something... see? I'm always thinking...

Actually, when we lived in Wichita (back in the Stone Age... Fred & Wilma Flintstone lived next door), we were in a tornado lock-down in our basement, which just happened to be where my sewing studio was & when they sounded the all clear signal, I was so engrossed in the blocks I was working on (a Maple Leaf quilt made from my Grandmother's scraps... don't even get me started on that fiasco), I finally looked up & my family had long since gone above-ground. That is dedication!
Old 04-17-2012, 10:23 AM

ok we had quite the excitement today...

Im forever losing my phone- well this time i didnt lose it but left it in the house as i had to get some bulbs in the ground before they die on me.. Im soooo not the gardener type but they were on clearance and they looked pretty.. During the time i was beautifying the lawn my lil get one gets poked in the eye while playing tag- eye gets washed and shes fine.. Later in the day (3pm actually)- its 10 min before shes to hop in the bus and go home she is crying that her eye hurts...well of course it hurts- SHE GOT POKED in the eye !!!! So the nurse keeps her and calls (leaves a message on my cell) to tell me she is not on the bus but would like for me to pick her up since shes crying.. Hmmm the message does no good since its inside and im outside waiting for the bus- all the while covered in dirt, knees blacked from the soil, grass and twigs in my scrangly hair- I am gardening btw- who ever keeps clean anyway ?!?!? ... Low and behold a friend comes driving up sys my frantic hubby called her to come looking for me that the nurse had contacted him three times already.. Oh great ! I call the nurse (its 430 btw- the same time the bus woul dof dropped her off had she been on it) and she explains the situation- definitely not an emergency. I hang up and my neighbor shows up- apparently Frantic daddy called her to come looking for me as well .. Sheesh... So I get her at 5pm- we are 20 miles away from the school -now mind you, no time for a shower or change of attire, let alone a brush thru my hair !!!! I went as is.. ..I call hubby and tell him shes fine, and let him know what the school nurse said- he knew this already, hes talked to her THREE TIMES ALREADY !!!. BUT hubby not satisfied with the school nurse's take on the situation- Sooooooo I take her to Urgent care as hubby is strong arming me to do so - Now its 7:45 and im in the urgent care only for the doctor to tell me that its a small scratch on her eyeball and will heal itself by tomorrow.. I knew it ! I knew it ! I knew it !!! Home by 845..finally !! yea nothing is close around here unless you count cow patties, them are everywhere..... Ugh..

I got quite a few boxes.. I had to relive my evening with you all and now lil one is in bed so i can go peek- Her eye is better- we have one magical eye patch I tell ya- it magically makes the pain go away when she has it on but when she takes the patch off shes dyin of eyeball pain... can we say 'drama queen' ?

Calgon take me away !!!!!

... And that is a day in the life of a Turtle...
Is she feeling better yet? Poor baby. Not to mention poor mommy. I understand all about the magic eye patch. When my DD Squeenie was widdle, she thought "Vactine" cured everything. You don't even wanna know where all we sprayed that stuff!
Old 04-17-2012, 10:25 AM

it went up to 10.... I was hoping for just 8 groups of 13.... One can dream cant she?
Yes, one can dream but... 'member... "Man plans & God laughs" (that's the motto on my family crest, I think).
Old 04-17-2012, 10:29 AM

You are adorable burchquilts.
Old 04-17-2012, 10:31 AM

Location: A Hop from Heaven, a Skip from Sanity and a Jump from the Good Life....

BirchQuilts - You are a hoot !!!! I sooooo wish you were my neighbor !!!!!
Old 04-17-2012, 10:40 AM

Originally Posted by QuilterMomma View Post
You are adorable burchquilts.
Well, sweetie, y'know what they say -- "Adorable is in the eye of the beholder" (unlike whatever was in Turtle's eye or the proverbial sharp stick in the eye). You say "tomato", my kids say "blabby". But thank you for the compliment. I accept all compliments, squishy packages (that didn't sound right, but go with me on this) & all the Dr. Pepper a body can hold.
Old 04-17-2012, 10:43 AM

BirchQuilts - You are a hoot !!!! I sooooo wish you were my neighbor !!!!!
Weren't you just musing about a girl dreaming? There's only so much of me to go around (tho it's growing by the day). Be careful what you wish for... I've been known to parade around out in the backyard in my jammies. That'll give you waking nightmares, girl friend! Hey, we live 6 miles past nowhere & our property backs up to woods so I figure it's my civic duty to give the little critters back there a thrill.
Old 04-17-2012, 10:55 AM

You go burchquilts, that sounds like my kind of thing I do here and the neighbors are closer than one really wants. Love my StarWars jammas.
Old 04-17-2012, 11:01 AM

Location: A Hop from Heaven, a Skip from Sanity and a Jump from the Good Life....

Hahahaaha BurchQuilts you have no idea how similar we are !!!!

Yup- civic duty all right !!!! and an occasional fedEx/UPS guy too !!!