Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
CLOSED  July Secret Pal Sign Up Closes July 1st >

CLOSED July Secret Pal Sign Up Closes July 1st

CLOSED July Secret Pal Sign Up Closes July 1st

Old 08-03-2011, 08:42 AM

I would send her a PM and ask if she got the package, sometimes they have been delivered to a neighbor.
Old 08-03-2011, 11:21 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by lauriejo
I would send her a PM and ask if she got the package, sometimes they have been delivered to a neighbor.
That sounds like a good idea to me. Mary
Old 08-03-2011, 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by lawsonmugs
Sue did you check her last posts to see if she said anything about the hospital or maybe a vacation or wedding? I hate it when you have to wait and wait to hear if they recieved a swap. You just don't know what has happened and you worry so. Hope you hear something soon.Hope the rest get your swaps soon. Mary
Lori pm'd me and told me that my SP has been looking after her mother and out of internet access. It appears that nothing has arrived yet; it should have been there by now, It was posted 18 days ago!

However, from past experience I know that the Canadian mail people, if they don't like your package they just dump it! Could be for as little as not putting the return address in the right place.
Old 08-03-2011, 11:30 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Tussymussy
Originally Posted by lawsonmugs
Sue did you check her last posts to see if she said anything about the hospital or maybe a vacation or wedding? I hate it when you have to wait and wait to hear if they recieved a swap. You just don't know what has happened and you worry so. Hope you hear something soon.Hope the rest get your swaps soon. Mary
Lori pm'd me and told me that my SP has been looking after her mother and out of internet access. It appears that nothing has arrived yet; it should have been there by now, It was posted 18 days ago! However, from past experience I know that the Canadian mail people, if they don't like your package they just dump it! Could be for as little as not putting the return address in the right place.
That's crap. I would be sooo mad. Guess there's nothing you can do though huh? Well at least your pal has a good reason for not posting. Mary
Old 08-04-2011, 01:08 PM

Hi Guys,

I'm still on the bench too...... all alone over here on the other side of the pond........sad :-(

Hugs
Old 08-04-2011, 01:21 PM
Swap Hosts

Originally Posted by Tussymussy
However, from past experience I know that the Canadian mail people, if they don't like your package they just dump it! Could be for as little as not putting the return address in the right place.
Long before the strike I sent a package to a dear friend who lives in the Canadian Rockies in the West. Sent it International Priority. It took SIX WEEKS! Can you imagine if I sent it by regular post?

Bench sitters, just know that good things come to those who wait.
Old 08-04-2011, 04:00 PM
Power Poster

I was a bench sitter last month,it's very hard to keep waiting when everyone else has theirs and the swapers move on to the next swap.. But when mine came it was a big old package.It was just full to the top of the box.My pal had a very good reason for being late too. So hanf in there.Hope ya all get a great big one soon. Mary
Old 08-04-2011, 04:01 PM
Power Poster

I don't know what hanf means I meant hang. sorry
Old 08-04-2011, 05:34 PM

I got a really great package today from "Boop56" which was actually kind of scary at first. I sent her a package this month as my partner, and I thought she was sending it back. Silly me, it took a minute to register that we had each other this month. She sent me a great package and I love everything. Thank you very much for your thoughtful gifts.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-236665.jpe  
Old 08-04-2011, 06:19 PM

I received my SP pkg today from NanaKathy55. Wow, Kathy you sent an extra full pkg! Well worth the wait! WooHoo! I wish I could find my camera patch cord to attach photos. She sent me a nice quilted tote bag, a shopping tote bag with a sewing theme, some fish fabric to make myself a tote with, a nice bundle of 6 fall colored fabrics, long pearl straight pins, a pretty apron kit, some beautiful homemade greeting cards, (they are so nice), a Campground cottage quilt pattern, a floral and lattice wallhanging quilt pattern, some vintage notions, some spiced cider scented tea candles, and a fishing lure wooden wallhanging. My fiance really likes the fish picture, too. Everything is so nice Kathy! Thank you so much for all of the items you sent to me! I love it all! Now I have to decide what I want to make first. I am definitely using the fish print to make myself a tote bag too! Hmmm....maybe I will start there. Thanks again Kathy!