Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
CLOSED    June Secret Pal Swap Signup Ends June 1st >

CLOSED June Secret Pal Swap Signup Ends June 1st

CLOSED June Secret Pal Swap Signup Ends June 1st

Old 06-08-2011, 04:46 AM

SP, your package is being held for pickup at the post office! For... some reason. Please do pick it up whenever possible, since it would be a real shame to have it returned and then have to ship it out all over again. It's full of fun stuff, promise!
Old 06-08-2011, 05:13 AM

I am sorry to hear that. You want me to be your angel? And yes the garden is keeping me very busy.
Originally Posted by wanda lou
Originally Posted by mooretll
Wanda Lou Did you ever get your may package? Sure hope so because you made mine very special!
Not yet, But I am hopeful.

Is your Garden keeping you busy?
Old 06-08-2011, 06:00 AM

Originally Posted by TOOMANYUFO'S
My SP package probably won't go out until the 13th-15th. Still making something and got to get a few other things. You don't get much for $10.00. I think that is the hardest part. Everything I pick up is more expensive, and I would like to send a variety of items. Anyway, still working on it. Hopefully next month I can do better, will have to starting buying ahead, but want to keep my pkg as personal as I can. I think I am going to start a binder to keep track of each secret pal I am doing and also the sp that gets me. I will put in the printout of their likes/dislikes, a small mapquest map showing route from my town to theirs, postcards, and a pic of what I sent/recieve,etc. It will be fun to see where I travel.
Oh that sounds cool!
Old 06-08-2011, 06:01 AM

Originally Posted by crafty_linda_b
I had good intentions of mailing my package out on Monday..I didn't sleep much Sunday night from coughing then woke up sick so I didn't go out of the house on Monday..Then today I got caught up sewing and then had to go to my DGS preschool graduation tonight. I will get it in the mail for sure tomorrow!! It's only going one state away so won't take too long to get where it needs to go...I hope my SP isn't in any danger from the Arizona fires...crafty_linda_b
Linda, hope you are feeling better.
Old 06-08-2011, 06:02 AM

Originally Posted by fidgety
Well after spending the night in the Er and not being able to move to much on monday and tues, I hope to get my SP package together today and send it out on friday. it is going to the "Big State".....
Ouch...hope you are better.
Old 06-08-2011, 06:40 AM
Power Poster

I better get busy on my pal's swap.It's already the 8th. My goodness where has the time gone.Yesterday I went and found a couple items that she likes.I mailed a fq to someone on another topic yesterday. Our local P.O. is ran by 1 person. Brenda. She was in Joplin's post office working as a volunteer. I hadn't even thought about that part of the disaster. With peoples homes gone.How do they get mail. Well they have to pick it up and show I.D. but some have lost their I.D. too.Well you can send for the papers to get new I.D. but then you can't get it from the PO without I.D. vicious circle. Just another pain for those poor people.There has been so much money and items donated and volunterrs.It is very impressive.Wish their were more people like that and less need for it. Mary
Old 06-08-2011, 06:41 AM

My SP should get her package today. I check the confirmation and it is was processed early morning at 1:38 am east coast time and that its on it way to its desination.
Old 06-08-2011, 06:48 AM

Hmmmm, I wonder who has my name? None of the hints refer to me..:(
Old 06-08-2011, 06:59 AM

Originally Posted by lawsonmugs
I better get busy on my pal's swap.It's already the 8th. My goodness where has the time gone.Yesterday I went and found a couple items that she likes.I mailed a fq to someone on another topic yesterday. Our local P.O. is ran by 1 person. Brenda. She was in Joplin's post office working as a volunteer. I hadn't even thought about that part of the disaster. With peoples homes gone.How do they get mail. Well they have to pick it up and show I.D. but some have lost their I.D. too.Well you can send for the papers to get new I.D. but then you can't get it from the PO without I.D. vicious circle. Just another pain for those poor people.There has been so much money and items donated and volunterrs.It is very impressive.Wish their were more people like that and less need for it. Mary
It is sad, but like you said the world does have some wonderful people.

Now Mary, did you ever give any hints about your SP?? :mrgreen:
Old 06-08-2011, 07:01 AM

Originally Posted by TFquilter
Hmmmm, I wonder who has my name? None of the hints refer to me..:(
I think everybody is being so secretive. We'll, not me! My pal should get her package by Friday according to the PO and then I will tell you exactly who she is. :mrgreen: We know is 290 miles west of Spokane, WA.