Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Closed for sign-up.. “I-Spy a picnic, … Everything ‘edible’….. With a side of BUGS!!!!!!  “ - 10 1/2" layer cake Swap.. >

Closed for sign-up.. “I-Spy a picnic, … Everything ‘edible’….. With a side of BUGS!!!!!! “ - 10 1/2" layer cake Swap..

Closed for sign-up.. “I-Spy a picnic, … Everything ‘edible’….. With a side of BUGS!!!!!! “ - 10 1/2" layer cake Swap..

Old 05-18-2011, 02:59 AM

With luck and NO Interuptions. :lol: ..I'm cutting and mailing today. LUV you're not the only one, my LQS didnt have much of anything and what it did have looked like it was to cartoonish. SO I ran 30 miles over to JoAnns and picked out my bag of bugs and very nice apples.
Old 05-18-2011, 06:12 AM

Location: A Hop from Heaven, a Skip from Sanity and a Jump from the Good Life....

Originally Posted by Momma_K
With luck and NO Interuptions. :lol: ..I'm cutting and mailing today. LUV you're not the only one, my LQS didnt have much of anything and what it did have looked like it was to cartoonish. SO I ran 30 miles over to JoAnns and picked out my bag of bugs and very nice apples.
All my lqs's are over 40+ miles from me.. I live in a dinky town.. No stop lights, one diner on its way to close doors (we try to patron the establishment twice a week, but more often its once a week- good burgers tho!), a gas station ( Gas Station only survives due to location of off the highway.. ) And a Post office-My swaps help keep my post office open. So if they ever close it, my swaps will end- the nearest PO would be 40 miles to the next town.. :(

So consider the rest of you guys lucky for the conveniences I wish I had...

~~~ Are there any swap members here doing the postage stamp quilt? I have a few scraps too small for my 2inch die cutter. I can mail them back with your swap..
Old 05-18-2011, 12:11 PM

Location: A Hop from Heaven, a Skip from Sanity and a Jump from the Good Life....

Today will be the last day for sign up..

******All swappers should have your packages in tomorrows mail.. 5/19 ******
Old 05-18-2011, 12:25 PM

Mailed my this afternoon. Thanks for leading this swap.
Old 05-18-2011, 12:27 PM

I mailed mine today.
Old 05-18-2011, 12:32 PM

I think this swap is jinxed for me. sigh I bought my four fabrics, actually bought and rejected two others as not "real" enough. Then between starting a job hunt and DS going to ER I forgot to get them cut. Finally remembered I had to mail them out so I started cutting. Note to self: do not try to cut fabric while pulling an all nighter to keep your DS awake for an EEG. Since 9 1/2 x 10 1/2 inch squares won't work I decided to go to the local (sorta) Bernina store since I knew they had some nice food fabrics. After a half hour drive I discovered they are closed today for a training class. So off to JoAnns I go grab a replacement fabric and back home. Start to iron that fabric and discover a big run along one edge. Is it still Friday the 13th???
Old 05-18-2011, 12:49 PM

Sign me up for 6 sets
with 1 or 2 twist.
Old 05-18-2011, 12:52 PM

I wonder if you could mix a set? Not sure of the rules for the swap.
Originally Posted by lauriejo
I think this swap is jinxed for me. sigh I bought my four fabrics, actually bought and rejected two others as not "real" enough. Then between starting a job hunt and DS going to ER I forgot to get them cut. Finally remembered I had to mail them out so I started cutting. Note to self: do not try to cut fabric while pulling an all nighter to keep your DS awake for an EEG. Since 9 1/2 x 10 1/2 inch squares won't work I decided to go to the local (sorta) Bernina store since I knew they had some nice food fabrics. After a half hour drive I discovered they are closed today for a training class. So off to JoAnns I go grab a replacement fabric and back home. Start to iron that fabric and discover a big run along one edge. Is it still Friday the 13th???
Old 05-18-2011, 12:56 PM

Hi,
Everything is ordered. I ordered it from this number and ebay web site:
1-603-542-2218
http://shop.ebay.com/franks11/m.html...id=p4340.l2562
3.95 a yard and fat quarters are only $1.00

They have civil war!!!

Thanks to whoever posted this site first.
Old 05-18-2011, 01:10 PM

I did manage to get a full set out of the fabric, I bought enough extra fortunately. But not fast enough to mail today. But it will go out tomorrow, barring any further jinxes. LOL

Originally Posted by VaNella
I wonder if you could mix a set? Not sure of the rules for the swap.
Originally Posted by lauriejo