Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Dear Jane Christmas Block Swap - Closed >

Dear Jane Christmas Block Swap - Closed

Dear Jane Christmas Block Swap - Closed

Old 08-06-2009, 07:08 AM

This board has got me quilting in my sleep. Seriously! I've dreamt about quilting every night for the last week!
Old 08-06-2009, 07:23 AM
Power Poster

I go to bed thinking about what i got done that day quilting wise and what I need to do next. The only problem is what i plan while going to sleep I quite freguently forget in the light of day!!!
I use a rider to mow and when I mow I plan what I am going to do in my quilting. It is a good time to think.
Old 08-06-2009, 07:35 AM
k3n
Power Poster

Originally Posted by reneebobby
This sounds like it would be fun but i smoke, so I'll watch.
How much is this a problem for everyone? I smoke too but not in my sewing room? And everything will be washed right?
Old 08-06-2009, 07:40 AM

I would only think it's a problem if the smell won't come out! You, as a smoker, would not be able to tell. Why don't you whip me up a quilt, mail it to me, and I'll let you know. I'm a former smoker, so I can sniff out any problems!

By the way, you should quit. Your children are toooooo precious and my dad died from lung cancer when I was 12. My mom died when I was 7, and they never said it was directly related to smoking, but I think it was. That was enough for me to quit when I got pregnant. Okay, lecture is done for the day...I'm saying this with lots of love - not trying to be judgmental!! Okay?
Old 08-06-2009, 07:40 AM

I'm a slow to be reformed smoker.
I have asked people who recieve my fabric if they can smell any sort of smoke on it and they all have said no. There is a no smoking policy in the house. I wear a shirt when I am near hubby who smokes ALOT and when I "think" I need one. I also wash my hands before I handle any of the fabric, doesn't matter what I've been doing, my hands are always washed before I go into my sewing room.
And yes, I'm one of those that does sniff fabric that comes from others. A few have been smokers and I have not been able to smell anything on the fabric.
Old 08-06-2009, 07:43 AM

If you only knew the half of it! My billable hours have gone down by 60% since I joined this board...he he. For those of you lucky enough to not have experienced billable hours, it means my hourly pay!!! I don't bill, I don't get paid, plain and simple!!
Old 08-06-2009, 07:45 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by k3n
Originally Posted by reneebobby
This sounds like it would be fun but i smoke, so I'll watch.
How much is this a problem for everyone? I smoke too but not in my sewing room? And everything will be washed right?
I didn't smell any smoke in the mini you sent me K and I am not a smoker so I always notice it if there is any.
Old 08-06-2009, 07:50 AM

Originally Posted by Esqmommy
If you only knew the half of it! My billable hours have gone down by 60% since I joined this board...he he. For those of you lucky enough to not have experienced billable hours, it means my hourly pay!!! I don't bill, I don't get paid, plain and simple!!
Maybe you need another line of work? lol
I'm telling ya....once hubby retires, you might have me as a client lmao
Old 08-06-2009, 08:01 AM

re smoking - I quit 41 years ago - which is longer than a lot of you have been around! LOL DH took a picture of me and my MIL from HE** :evil: with cigarettes dangling out of our mouths :cry: with our kids in the background. That did the trick LOL

She didn't quit - died of lung cancer. There was always a big bowl with packs of camels near her front door. I spent part of one of DH's
cruises with her and FIL (whom I LOVED) and got adicted to those damn cancer sticks - and I was PREGNANT! DD and DS turned out ok, thank goodness.

Now, the smell of cig smoke brings on a migraine. So I hope fabric doesn't pick it up.
Old 08-06-2009, 08:06 AM
k3n
Power Poster

Thanks for that Rhonda! :D

I know I should quit. We don't smoke round the kids and I gave up the whole time I was pregnant and breastfeeding - I just started again as soon as the last one was weaned - STOOOPID!.

I know I should quit for my own health, I know the nagging is motivated by caring so no problem, I can take it! :D

Maybe I should ask my Mum to sniff everything before I send it? She's never smoked! :D