Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Dear Jane Christmas Block Swap - Closed >

Dear Jane Christmas Block Swap - Closed

Dear Jane Christmas Block Swap - Closed

Old 09-18-2009, 10:08 PM

I'm right there with you Jan. Just look at it like this - you didn't learn to run...you started out crawling, hanging onto furniture, then little steps, and so forth. I like to think of the DJ like that...start out and progress into higher skill level and it will feel very natural.

Now, does anyone need a 5 inch square ruler? I realized that I have two and am happy to get the extra to someone who needs it. If you buy the set, it has the triangle and the square, which you will NEED if you do the Cyber Sew and plan to do the triangles. If you just need the square, let me know and I'll send it to you!
Old 09-19-2009, 05:23 AM

Klue when using the foundation paper you have suggested and doing RS12 do you stitch on the backside of the paper. I better get this right soon, I'm using too much paper. Can you select what pieces to print or do you have to print the whole paper each time?
Old 09-19-2009, 05:35 AM
Power Poster

Thanks for the tips on PP Klue...I do it kinda sorta like you, but not really. I use strips of fabric to PP...I just don't cut it down to size prior to sewing the piece on...I finger press after sewing, then trim..then grab the next strip. I think everyone develops their own way of doing things. I say...whatever works!
Old 09-19-2009, 09:02 AM

Although I don't PP that much, when I do I've done it like you sandpat. Before I started quilting, I learned how to to blocks ITH with my embroidery machine. They're pretty much PP, but instead of the paper, you have stabilzer and just lay it down on the lines that have been sewn, then it will sew again over that area and tack it down.
Old 09-19-2009, 09:31 AM

I've taken F3 and TR3. Klue has sent me the patterns. I will attempt TR3, wish me luck! Thanks for the engouragement Esq. I have already done things that I thought I never could do. Klue is sending me a few more measurments and I'll start practicing.
Old 09-19-2009, 09:39 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by okie
Klue when using the foundation paper you have suggested and doing RS12 do you stitch on the backside of the paper. I better get this right soon, I'm using too much paper. Can you select what pieces to print or do you have to print the whole paper each time?
you place the paper on top of the fabric with the numbered sections of the paper facing up.

with the DJ software, you have some flexibility to renumber sections by going to print, foundation and then just click on the number/sections/options tab.

you can also delete stuff from the pattern by previewing it first, then click on the x, then click on the piece you want to delete, and then hit the delete key.

Old 09-19-2009, 09:46 AM
Banned

i've rec'd bearpaw's blocks, they are just so cute.
Old 09-19-2009, 09:48 AM

I read you tutorial but I can't see the pictures. You place the paper on top of the fabric numbers, stitchlines,etc up. How is the fabric, I think you said right sides together. When I did that (I think thats how I did it) it comes out in reverse. I try to explain. The second second section from the top on RS12 the number 4 strip should be on top (longer) than strip 2. My 2 came out on top of 4. When I made one this morning and laid the paper face down, it came out right. I want to use the paper face up. When I'm not thinking about it it will probably work out right. I'm on the third section. I haven't added the ity bitty 1 from section 2 on yet. I'm still working on that as well. I hope to post a picture later today.
Old 09-19-2009, 12:23 PM

Originally Posted by Esqmommy
I'm right there with you Jan. Just look at it like this - you didn't learn to run...you started out crawling, hanging onto furniture, then little steps, and so forth. I like to think of the DJ like that...start out and progress into higher skill level and it will feel very natural.

Now, does anyone need a 5 inch square ruler? I realized that I have two and am happy to get the extra to someone who needs it. If you buy the set, it has the triangle and the square, which you will NEED if you do the Cyber Sew and plan to do the triangles. If you just need the square, let me know and I'll send it to you!
If you still have it I would love a 5 inch square ruler I checked out 2 stores by me and couldn't find one they only had 6 and 6.5!! so I gave up for now. no time to go looking any further for a while. let me know how much, thanx star
Old 09-19-2009, 02:32 PM

Here's my practice F3 Snowball block. I got one red and green section reversed and they didn't match up perfect but hopefully it will come out righr on the real ones.

They are red not orange!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]36490[/ATTACH]

Another shot.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]36493[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-36490.jpe   attachment-36493.jpe