Old 09-28-2009, 05:33 PM
Power Poster

I'm a little confused. Ok.

We use Christmas Blues or any blues?

Each make 18 blocks?

Old 09-28-2009, 05:40 PM
Power Poster

Ok.. I am totally confused, but what is new :roll:

Anyways I am willing to take a blue block ( which means i would get 1 blue and the rest red/green ), or if you do another small seperate exchange I will join in that . In that case i woulld like D-13. Just let me know which way you decide .
Thanks
Old 09-28-2009, 05:49 PM

Originally Posted by sharon b
Ok.. I am totally confused, but what is new :roll:

Anyways I am willing to take a blue block ( which means i would get 1 blue and the rest red/green ), or if you do another small seperate exchange I will join in that . In that case i woulld like D-13. Just let me know which way you decide .
Thanks
I'm joining the confused crowd... :roll:

I'd like to do A-6...
Old 09-28-2009, 06:00 PM

It is a bit confusing! ;-)

The idea is that a limited number of us (I used 9 purely as an example) each make an additional number of blocks out of blue fabrics, and send them to obq, getting the same number of her blue blocks in return. So if we make two each, send two, and get two of hers back (the ones coming back from obq would the same).

We would still get the original 18 red/green/cream blocks that we were expecting.

My thinking behind limiting the number of participants for this one was so that we got more than one blue block (so you can actually make something out of them) but so that no one had to complete another 18, which I don't know if I could.

Oh, and the block could be either what we've already done, or a new one, that's no big deal really. :-)
Old 09-28-2009, 06:29 PM

I would love to have one of the blue blocks, but I have to tell you, I don't know if I have the patience to make anymore itsy-bitsy little blocks. I'm pulling my hair out with the ones I'm trying to get done in the original colors.

I've ruined three blocks by trying to paper piece. Now I'm so disgusted that I just decided I am going to start from scratch and just piece them regularly.
Old 09-28-2009, 07:04 PM

Okay. I'm finished throwing my tantrum. :roll: I will redo my blocks the way that I am familiar with. I shouldn't have tried my hand at paper piecing for the first time on such a small block.
Old 09-28-2009, 07:17 PM

Originally Posted by Ducky
Okay. I'm finished throwing my tantrum. :roll: I will redo my blocks the way that I am familiar with. I shouldn't have tried my hand at paper piecing for the first time on such a small block.
Ducky.. I totally understand how you feel... with my blocks I know I've lost more hair from pulling it out and the hair that is still there has gone gray.. Thank goodness for Lorel'. What block/blocks are you doing that is causing you grief?
Old 09-28-2009, 07:26 PM

i would not do another swap but i am willing to take i blue and 17 of red green and gold
Old 09-28-2009, 07:48 PM

That was a pretty sad tantrum! lol I've got a 7 year old who can beat that ;-)

These little blocks are deceptively hard... I don't think I'd try a new technique with them either.
Old 09-29-2009, 07:33 AM

Originally Posted by tuesy
Ducky.. I totally understand how you feel... with my blocks I know I've lost more hair from pulling it out and the hair that is still there has gone gray.. Thank goodness for Lorel'. What block/blocks are you doing that is causing you grief?
Tuesy, I'm doing a fairly easy block. It's L7. I had no problem paper piecing the center row, but trying to attach the top and bottom rows just wasn't working, between the seams not matching and/or the whole block turning out too small. I'm going to go back to regular piecing.