December mini Quilt swap

Old 12-07-2014, 07:15 PM

Originally Posted by LoupEsprit View Post
Planned on starting mine today. Ended up in the ER instead.

ER this sounds awful! I hope every things better now?
Old 12-07-2014, 08:32 PM

Originally Posted by kiffie2413 View Post
Tlambing, looks great.. love the colors on that sneak peek! Now get that baby in the mail! Lolol..
You know I'm teasing on the last part...
I have yours ready to layer and finish. I think it's pretty cute, and I hope you like it. I'm hoping to have it mailed out by Friday.
Been keeping grandson, and taking granddaughter to her kindergarten Christmas party. My son had surgery Friday. Hubby and I kept our grandson, as daughter-in-law was with our son. Our lil grandson (1 yr old in few days) has been sick, and just can't seem to get over the "crud". He's such a lil trooper, still smiling and even laughs, which turns to a lil cry because he's not feeling well. It breaks my heart. And I know my son and daughter-in-law are even more upset about it. He's had 2 visits to his pediatrician, hoping the meds he's on now along with breathing treatments will clear things up!
I told my son I'm sorry he's genetically my hubby's son, and that my grandson is genetically his son... Because they all have terrible allergies, which lead to sinus infections, ear infections, throat infections, bronchitis. Bad enough for an adult, and terrible for our grandbaby!
So I'm praying everyone heals from surgeries, and gets well asap!
On a happy note, our grandson was hilarious to keep Friday. He's been walking since 10 mos old, so he was toddling everywhere, getting into everything. He had on lil levis, and of course that added to the cuteness. He'd cut his eyes at my hubby, start to toddle off while giggling. As if to say, "I know I'm not supposed to go over there, but I am!!". My hubby would get him, pretend "airplane fly" him back toward me. Grandson held out his lil fat hands to me and laughed. I'd melt.. Then he'd toddle off, I'd chase him, "fly" him back toward Grampy. Repeat, repeat, repeat... It was absolutely priceless fun, but I will admit we were 2 exhausted grandparents later.
Then last night was granddaughter's kindergarten Christmas party. She had such a great time, and we feel blessed to have them live close enough that we can be so involved in their lives. We may be crawling tomorrow, but happily crawling...lol

Take care all,
Kif
kiffie, my niece's daughter has suffered from allergies for quite a while. DN sells essentials oils which she puts in a humidifier. Has helped a great deal. I'll ask her which ones to use.
Old 12-07-2014, 11:15 PM

Originally Posted by kiffie2413 View Post
Tlambing, looks great.. love the colors on that sneak peek! Now get that baby in the mail! Lolol..
You know I'm teasing on the last part...
I have yours ready to layer and finish. I think it's pretty cute, and I hope you like it. I'm hoping to have it mailed out by Friday.
Been keeping grandson, and taking granddaughter to her kindergarten Christmas party. My son had surgery Friday. Hubby and I kept our grandson, as daughter-in-law was with our son. Our lil grandson (1 yr old in few days) has been sick, and just can't seem to get over the "crud". He's such a lil trooper, still smiling and even laughs, which turns to a lil cry because he's not feeling well. It breaks my heart. And I know my son and daughter-in-law are even more upset about it. He's had 2 visits to his pediatrician, hoping the meds he's on now along with breathing treatments will clear things up!
I told my son I'm sorry he's genetically my hubby's son, and that my grandson is genetically his son... Because they all have terrible allergies, which lead to sinus infections, ear infections, throat infections, bronchitis. Bad enough for an adult, and terrible for our grandbaby!
So I'm praying everyone heals from surgeries, and gets well asap!
On a happy note, our grandson was hilarious to keep Friday. He's been walking since 10 mos old, so he was toddling everywhere, getting into everything. He had on lil levis, and of course that added to the cuteness. He'd cut his eyes at my hubby, start to toddle off while giggling. As if to say, "I know I'm not supposed to go over there, but I am!!". My hubby would get him, pretend "airplane fly" him back toward me. Grandson held out his lil fat hands to me and laughed. I'd melt.. Then he'd toddle off, I'd chase him, "fly" him back toward Grampy. Repeat, repeat, repeat... It was absolutely priceless fun, but I will admit we were 2 exhausted grandparents later.
Then last night was granddaughter's kindergarten Christmas party. She had such a great time, and we feel blessed to have them live close enough that we can be so involved in their lives. We may be crawling tomorrow, but happily crawling...lol

Take care all,
Kif
My DN says, Lemon, lavender and peppermint work together to help alleviate allergies. You can take it in drops or a capsule.
Old 12-08-2014, 01:58 AM

Tesspug,
Thank you for caring, and the suggestion. My daughter-in-law has tried the essential oils, unfortunately they seemed to make the baby worse. Right now she and my son are just eliminating everything they can, and at some point will add stuff back one at a time. Their house has hardwood floors, they have an air purifier with a hepa filter in each of their bedrooms, they have no pets, and no one smokes, they have central heat and air, use special filters in it, and change it monthly. My son even bought a Dyson vacuum..lol.

My hubby and our son have terrible allergies. We took our son to a pediatric allergist when he was 4. He took shots for 4 years. He saw a different allergist as an adult, and started shots again. My hubby didn't see an allergist til he was an adult (never heard of such in the 1960's-70's). Hubby took shots for years as well. Until it seemed the shots caused some autoimmune issues in both guys. Story for a different day..

Tlambing,
My son was 27 when he married, 29 when grandson born.. I used to tell him I was going to be my own grandma as I wasn't going to be anyone else's..lol.
He'd fire right back at me that when he was thinking of asking someone on a date, he'd inquire if they had grandkids?? Haha.. He's a smart pants just like his dad! Of course I'm NEVER like that..

So, just when you think you'll be a grandma never, it happens.

We got double blessings, as my daughter-in-law had a 2 1/2 year old girl when she married my son. Sadly her 1st hubby passed away when my granddaughter was just a few months old. But happily my son formally adopted my granddaughter, and now hubby and I have our amazing grandkids!!

Kif

Last edited by kiffie2413; 12-08-2014 at 02:18 AM.
Old 12-08-2014, 07:52 AM

kiff/tesspug I have allergies as well but mine tend to be more the seasonal variety; however, my sister was having a lot of symptoms and allergic to something and always had some form of respiratory problems and sinus infection - it took the doctors almost 20 years to get it right - she is allergic to wheat and after she changed her diet to gluten free about a year and a half ago she hasn't had any allergy symptoms nor any sinus or respiratory problems. If they can't figure out your allergies it might be worth looking into something as simple as a wheat allergy.

Now onto mini info - I have my pieces cut out and did a trial run to make sure it will work - all is merry and bright.

You all have a great day!
Old 12-08-2014, 08:40 AM

I got all my pieces parts fused yesterday, now comes the fun part of machine quilting and then the handwork with embellishment!! Still shooting for mailing by the weekend of the 15th!
Old 12-08-2014, 04:12 PM

Dabbler312,
That's great your sister found what was causing her allergies, and they're better now. Stinks it took 20 yrs..But better late than never I suppose...

Can't wait to see your mini!! Maybe post a sneak peek?? You too, MizMelly...

K
Old 12-08-2014, 06:13 PM

Maybe I will take a sneak peek pic tomorrow night. I spent my evening wrapping gifts for family. Why is it that you can never find the right size box when you need it?
Old 12-09-2014, 03:01 AM

That's when you switch to gift bags! Lol..
And I sometimes buy plain ones, and decorate them myself...
As I'm typing this I'm thinking I should also admit I haven't wrapped, sacked, bagged a single gift yet this Christmas .
Have everything bought and or made, all stacked in dh and my bedroom...So I better get crackin.
K
Old 12-09-2014, 06:20 AM

Well, I need that box to ship those gifts to Colorado! My sis refuses to come down to the valley for Christmas. Instead she wants me to deal with nasty weather and drive up there. Nope, have done that in years past and some years it was white knuckle driving through snow and icy roads. The last year I went north, I got caught in a big storm that hit Flagstaff as I was heading south (south side of Flag is the absolute worst on I-17). Everyone was driving 25 mph in the right lane, and I was impatient to get the heck out of Dodge, so I followed some larger trucks (I have a truck too) and got in the left lane and bulldozed my way through to lower elevations. And after I got through the worst of it, the Interstate was closed behind me. whew. After that I said NEVER AGAIN. Weather is too iffy to go north that time of the year. I have chains for the truck, but trying to put them on is another issue. Yep, I'll stay home again this year, and enjoy the balmy weather in the valley!