December Secret Pal Sign

Old 12-02-2017, 01:55 PM

I have finished shopping for my Secret Pal, Will mail out on Monday! I think she will like her package!

Verna , Wishes for your B Day , and speeding recovery on your knee replacement.
Old 12-02-2017, 02:38 PM

Have my SP name, working on her package this weekend.
Going to try and make her most wanted item Wish me luck!
Went shopping yesterday looking for the thing she collects, nothing, So created her a few things ...Hope she likes it..If not She'll have something to pass along lol.
LOVE when I get a SP and it's packed with info, it makes it sooo easy and such Fun to put together a package.
Old 12-02-2017, 10:02 PM

am really glad everyone is liking their SP this month I try really hard not to give you the same ones over and over. Lets keep the conversation going.

What is your favorite Christmas thing that you really enjoy doing?
As for me mine is going home to Indiana. Really miss home, been gone now since 2005 and I am really about ready to go back. When we was home and the grandkids were small oh my did we decorate, inside and out. We had a 1600 foot driveway that was all lit up. We have the whole outside nativity scene that we always put in the bend of the driveway. Dh always made me a new manger for it every year. We had trains going around the Christmas Tree and thru my Victorian village. Now we are lucky just to put the tree up. We are never home for Christmas so sometimes we don't even bother with it. Now my Dh did decorate the tree this year for me and did a pretty good job of it too.
Old 12-02-2017, 10:08 PM

ok SP your package will be going into the mail on Monday here are some hints for you

Your little town is quite popular
Rated #67 of the top 100 places to live
your little town has had
Football Players
Basketball Players
Actors/Actress
Country Music Stars
Rockabilly Music Stars

Nice little town
Old 12-02-2017, 11:22 PM
Power Poster

Just wanted to say "HI" to you all. I hope you had a good Thanksgiving. Please be safe and stay healthy. I have trouble sending pictures so please forgive me if I just tell you all what I received. I love this time of the year. verna early Happy Birthday and wishing you well on your surgery. BrendaK
Old 12-03-2017, 05:25 PM

Hello all. I'm not ready to mail yet, still have to go shopping next week. I have started a little handmade surprise for her and have some handmade Christmas goodies almost ready.

One of our Christmas traditions when our kids were little was my hubby and I would wake up very early Christmas day and put Santa's gifts on the porch in an old wood box hubby kept there. (lived out in the country, gifts were safe...lol.) We raised our kids in West Texas, we saw many a snow for the holiday's. One particular year we were snowed in and had about 4 feet of snow on the porch, needless to say hubby and I had so much fun, laughing while we tried to get the gifts through the front window which was a challenge. A more precious memory now that hubby is gone.

My secret pal is up north of me, somewhere with lots of trees
Old 12-04-2017, 10:40 AM

Secret Pal request: When you post your gushing to your Secret Pal for the fine pictured items, please use the screen name so we know who you are talking about. Some posters used the first name (as revealed in the questionnaire) but we don't know who you are talking about. It's just a suggestion.
Old 12-04-2017, 11:27 AM

Secret Pal hints:

Secret Pal, your city population is 1,130 and 72.3 percent of the population is married. The median age is 31.9 and the median home price is $134,900.

Your state law forbids a citizen to give another citizen a box of candy that weighs more than 50 pounds.

Your state is home to a reservoir that is 50 miles long.

Your secret pal package has hit the streets and will be do you on Thursday.

Stay tuned for more hints.
Old 12-04-2017, 01:14 PM

I've finished packaging up the items for my SP. I hope to mail it tomorrow.

Christmas traditions have varied greatly as I was an Army brat and we adopted customs from different countries. So... The season begins with St. Nicholas Day, Dec. 6th. when we put our shoes outside to be filled with oranges, nuts, and a small present.
St. Lucia Day on the 13th. I almost set the house afire as a candle fell out of my crown -- we switched to "fake" candles thereafter.
Decorating the tree and opening one present on Christmas Eve.,
Opening the rest from Fr. Christmas on Christmas Day --left at the bottom of our beds in a pillowcase when younger and later under the tree as we developed new customs.
Boxing Day special cake and small gift the day after Christmas.
Three Kings cake and small gift on the Feast of the Three Kings on Jan. 6th,
And the end burning of the Yule log on Candlemas, Feb. 2nd. when we took down any remaining decorations.
Whew!

Except for the Yule log and St. Lucia, I still celebrate the other days even though I'm by myself now.
Old 12-05-2017, 11:48 AM

My secret pal package went out today. I have to apologize in advance. I sealed the pre-paid postal envelope and was already on my way to the post office when I realized that I didn't include the little note from me. My screen name is on the outside of the package. I didn't mean to be so rude as to send a package without any personalization. I did think about turning around and going home, but those postal envelopes have steal glue and can't be opened without a knife....and that would mess it up. Well....dear SP, enjoy what you can and recycle the rest!