Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 15 1 2 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Ornament Swap 2017

Ornament Swap 2017

Ho Ho Ho, it is time to have some fun. This will be the eighth Annual Ornament Swap. Here are the details and if you have any questions PM me.

Ornament Swap Guidelines:

1. Sign up by October 15, 2017. I must have your sign up by the end of this day. Late entries will not be allowed to participate. No exception!

Mail to your partner on or before November 18, 2017. That is a hard date and must be met by everyone. Please make sure you have a tracking/confirmation number on your package. It just makes it easier to find in the event a package is delayed or lost in the mail.

2. The Ornament must be handmade. It doesn't *have* to be quilted. But, please make it something that you would like to receive.

3. Each participant can sign up for only one swap partner.

4. This will be an international swap so if mailing internationally is a concern for you, please let me know at the time you sign up. The person mailing internationally must mail their ornament by November 10, 2017.

5. This will be a direct person to person mailing. I will PM everyone your swap person's name that you will be sending to on October 17th and 18th. This will give me time to sort out names and draw them out. Then the ornament mail out begins any time after the first of November; but remember the deadline is November 18th for all US mailing and November 10th for all international.

6. If you would like to participate, please PM me the following information:

Screen name:
    Complete Address:
    phone number (for hostess use only)
    Can you mail internationally
    I can be an ornament angel in case of non-performance by another member?

Any additional information that will make it easier for your partner to pick the correct types or colors of ornaments to make for you.

EXAMPLE. I have a small tree, blue color schemes, or perhaps I collect___.

7. Make sure that you enclose a note or card in your ornament mailing box to let the person know who you are! That way they can thank you and give you credit on the board when they post a picture.

8. Please read the guidelines for all swaps on the board at this link. It applies to this swap.http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-20154-1.htm

9. Have Fun and let your creativity flow! This always is such a special swap. Please PM me is you have any questions. I will be happy to assist in any way I can.

10. This is a Secret, names drawn from the bowl randomly, swap and you will not necessarily be mailing to the same person you will receive from. But, it could happen. Remember this is a secret so please donít let anyone on the list know who you have.

11. Please PM me with your tracking/confirmation number information when you have sent your package.

Also, PM me once you receive a package. This is so important! I can keep track of everything going and coming. This will make it a little easier on me and keep us on track when the deadline arrives. Please be a kind swapper and help me out in this way, ok?

12. Please make sure you can make and send the ornament on time before committing to the swap. If somehow you have signed up and there is a problem that arises and you cannot send to your partner, let me know immediately by sending a pm here on the board! We don't want to disappoint someone do we?

Last, but not least, letís share pictures of our creations as we go. The other person does not know who is sending to them until they receive it, so it will be fun to see and share as we go along. OK?

Have fun and enjoy your ornament swap everyone.

Whoopie! I'm in. Sending you a PM now. This is my favorite swap of the year
    Yesterday is history
    Tomorrow is a mystery
    Today is a Gift!

She who sews shall surely rip

Oh my goodness! I love this swap too. Sign me on too as a participant. How fast the year has gone.
    RedGarnet222

"Take your needle, my child, and work at your pattern ... It will come out a rose by and by. Life is like that ...one stitch at a time, taken patiently."
    *Oliver Wendell Holms

I'll sign up too... I already have an idea!
    http://www.craftsy.com/user/333534/pattern-store?
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/sewbizgirl
    Boom 19 Album of Blocks I Made for Others https://www.quiltingboard.com/member...bums19825.html
    "The reward of a thing well done is having done it." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

This will be my first swap on this board, but I love ornament swaps!
    please add my name to the list. I start my ornaments in July!
    Will pm later.
    Thank you for hosting this swap.
    Linda ^i^

I am in as well, just loved it last year.
    quilting makes our lives go round so sweetly

I'm in. And I promise to stay alive this year! Just pray no more hospital stays!

So great to see so many signing up already. I am sure we will have another fun year.

We will have a lot of fun again this year. I am working on permissions to share pictures and patterns of ornaments made by others to inspire us all. Once the sign up closes we will have some fun contests to help past the time until opening day.

I ordered a pattern from ebay to make mine this year. Very cute Victorian style.
    RedGarnet222

"Take your needle, my child, and work at your pattern ... It will come out a rose by and by. Life is like that ...one stitch at a time, taken patiently."
    *Oliver Wendell Holms

Include me please!

Blog Entries
    Can the ornaments be made on an embroidery machine?
    I collect Seraphim Angels

Yes verna2197, They sure can be made with your embroidery machine. They seem to be greatly prized by the girls that have received them.
    RedGarnet222

*Oliver Wendell Holms

I'm in again! I love this swap!!!
    Outside of a book, a dog is a man's best friend.
    Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read -- Groucho Marx

I'm doing brown bears to honor my daughter's wedding in California and our new family. The pattern is 40 years old, when I stitched one awaiting the birth of my first daughter. I'm sure many ornaments have a story.
    Dotty in NYC

Quote Originally Posted by dotcomdtcm View Post
    I'm doing brown bears to honor my daughter's wedding in California and our new family. The pattern is 40 years old, when I stitched one awaiting the birth of my first daughter. I'm sure many ornaments have a story.
    Now I want to see it!
    http://www.craftsy.com/user/333534/pattern-store?
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/sewbizgirl
    Boom 19 Album of Blocks I Made for Others https://www.quiltingboard.com/member...bums19825.html
    "The reward of a thing well done is having done it." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Blog Entries
    I am going to give this swap a try. So newbie here.
    I collect Seraphim Angels

I am in again and PM is on its way. Love this swap.

hope all have had a nice and safe summer.

Where I live we are getting ready for the eclipse to pass over my state of Oregon
    Nelda
    Become a Legend
    Be an Organ Doner

I look forward to this swap all year! I already have an idea and need to get busy. I treasure the special ornaments I've received in prior swaps!

I'm in and so excited!
    Linda Lee

"Be the change you want to see in the world." - Mahatma Gandhi

Hi Verna~

Yes, the ornaments can be made on an embroidery machine. The only rule to the swap is that they must be hand made.

Quote Originally Posted by verna2197 View Post
    Can the ornaments be made on an embroidery machine?

I am in! Cannot wait.
    There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle. ― Albert Einstein

totally all in , love this swap!

I am in too. Have sent my pm and ready to make a new ornament.
    "Good friends are like quilts-they age with you, yet never lose their warmth."

It is so great seeing so many familiar names coming in. Thank you everyone for participating again this year.

I actually dug out my Christmas fabric stash the other day. Time to get a jump on things for the holidays.

Anyone have any special projects they are doing to gifts this year. I am working on a lap quilt for my ex-DIL; yes we still get along very well. It was kind of her request, but I don't think she really expects it.

With that being said feel free to post pictures of your holiday projects; gifts, table runners, etc. We all love to see pictures of thing we are working on.

I'm in again! Already sent a PM.
    Sue

Page 1 of 15 1 2 11 ... LastLast