Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
December Secret Pal Sign Up Closes 11/30 noon CDT >

December Secret Pal Sign Up Closes 11/30 noon CDT

December Secret Pal Sign Up Closes 11/30 noon CDT

Old 12-17-2011, 12:32 PM

nothing for me today either.

Originally Posted by Diana Lynne View Post
Mail lady came and went and left no goodies..The suspense is getting to me .. ​Diana
Old 12-17-2011, 12:45 PM

Sure I would be happy to put a Oregon one in the mail to you. Right now, it seems like all the Neurologist in my area work the same building. No kidding! That's why they call themselves Oregon Neurology and Assosicates! They all ban together like a cult! My Doctor never works on a Friday, he's always on vacation! I wish I could take as many vacations as he does!

Originally Posted by arizonagirl View Post
Hello everyone. I had a lot of pages to read and get caught up on. It seems that I spoke to soon yesterday and started having severe abdominal pain. Just another problem that I can't put off dealing with anymore. This has been happening on and off for 10 months now. I've tried to post at least once each day for the last couple of days. If you don't see me around don't worry I'm just having to rest a lot right now.

Louise I love your blue fire opal earrings. I would love a postcard from Colorado.

Mary I love your owl pincushions. I can't wait to see all the different ones that you come up with. What about a draculowl?

Juli do you want to swap postcards? I'd be happy to put an Arizona one in an envelope and mail it to you. I'm sorry that you have not gotten a response from your Dr. Is it possible to switch Dr's? I got lucky I have a wonderful neurologist.

Dear SP you said yesterday that you was heading to the bench. Don't get to comfortable as you won't be there long.

Judith you turtle is so little and cute. Thanks for sharing the pattern with us.

Lori I love the idea of the traveling kitty earrings. I would be fun to see funny pictures of them post by who ever gets them before sending them on to the next person.
Old 12-17-2011, 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by Juli View Post
Right now, it seems like all the Neurologist in my area work the same building. No kidding! That's why they call themselves Oregon Neurology and Assosicates! They all ban together like a cult! My Doctor never works on a Friday, he's always on vacation! I wish I could take as many vacations as he does!

My Neuroligist booked 4 patients every 15 minutes, and of course, there is no way that he can see that many people that quickly. I have waited 3 hours past my appointment. I really hate when I have to go see him. Luckily, I have currently been released by him. (I really don't think he enjoyed me as a patient either, when I pointed out how unfair this was to us his customers).
Old 12-17-2011, 01:01 PM

I received my first package today in the mail from Starshine. She sent me 2 flannel Christmas fabrics (one is Hello Kitty). 1 Fabric with Santa all over it. 2 batik fabrics, a fabrics with frogs all over it, 2 warm hot chocolate memories, 2 hazelnut instant coffees, one french vanilla international hot chocolate, 2 pumpkin spice teas, 2 lime herbal teas, Christmas invitations that say come to my party, and a Three muskeeters Truffle bars.

I have taken two pictures. But the website keeps saying download failed. So I will keep trying.

Originally Posted by Havplenty View Post
they are on the way.

Old 12-17-2011, 01:10 PM

That's exactly how mine is. He once kept me waiting over an hour in the room before he gotr back there.

Once a lady showed up a day early for her appt. They went ahead amnd saw her (my appt time) It really P me off because she gave them this whole sobbed story, so they just went ahead and took her back making me wait an hour in the waiting and even longer before he ever got in the room to to see me. I was furious by the time I got home. I always leave his office with a huge headache. I always have to lay as soon as I get home from appt with him, because my head hurt so bad! He has me on 5 meds that aren't working. I think that's what's causing my seizures. I think they are working against each other and interferring with each other. I think its stupid for me to be on 5 when they aren't working. When I went up to OHSU, the Dr up there thinks I was being overmedicated. I am exhausted all the time. I can hardly stay awake. That's why I am being put back in the hospital in Jan because he's going to start taking me off them.

Originally Posted by Vicki W View Post

My Neuroligist booked 4 patients every 15 minutes, and of course, there is no way that he can see that many people that quickly. I have waited 3 hours past my appointment. I really hate when I have to go see him. Luckily, I have currently been released by him. (I really don't think he enjoyed me as a patient either, when I pointed out how unfair this was to us his customers).
Old 12-17-2011, 01:16 PM
Banned

My daughter FINALLY got up, normally I grump and complain
if she stays in bed til noon, but since she has really busted her
tush at school this semester and is so far carrying a 3.3+ GPA
at taking 12 credit hours I am cutting her a lot of slack. Let the
poor girl sleep and get caught up (plus I am TRYING to be a "nice"
mom for a change).

So with her being up and our of my way I was able to grab the
embroidery machine, fabric, thread and other stuff I use and am
now in the process of working on the sleigh.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]296069[/ATTACH]

Originally Posted by Judith1005 View Post
Love that design. Very pretty.
Attached Thumbnails dscn1250-small-.jpg  
Old 12-17-2011, 01:21 PM

I'm glad you like everything. I had hoped to get it in the mail earlier, but it sounds like I mailed right on time. The pincushion is a finger pincushion, although my cat thinks he need one too. I love those chocolate covered Peeps, they make them for every holiday now.

Originally Posted by Sunflower Girl View Post
Received my squishie yesterday from "laurig's". An adorable heart pincushion (I'll have to hide it from my cat, he thinks everything is his toy), a girl can never have enough of them, a knitting mystery novel, a visitor's guide cufor northeast Ohio, a cute keychain that doubles as a triangle template, Christmas socks, a June Taylor ruler, Santa Peeps (yum), absolutely love, love, love the fabric (I just did a sample quilt for one of the local quilt stores with American Jane and love the line), the pretty charm pack has the makings of a new Lil Twister quilt, quilt basting needles and nail files. Thank you laurig's! Your the best!!!

Your package couldn't have arrived on a better day. I dear friend who introduced me to quilting went to heaven yesterday and our priest from India who we've all gotten attached to has been reassigned to another parish. I needed a reason to smile yesterday! Thank you so, so much!
Old 12-17-2011, 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by Juli View Post
I was 10 years old the last time I was in Michigan, which was 24 years ago. I don't have mine from tJusthere any longer. I don't know what happened to them.
I just put them in the mail to you!
Old 12-17-2011, 02:08 PM

I've got some Ohio post cards for anybody who wants one!
Old 12-17-2011, 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by lawsonmugs View Post
[ATTACH=CONFIG]295908[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]295909[/ATTACH] Here is a couple more pictures see the homemade bookmark and the necklace with the quilt block her grand-daughter makes them.Also the flower pin cushion. She made the beautiful pot holder. I hung it on my kitchen wall. The color is perfect. I know I didn't name everything,but the pictures are small till I post it. It was a great swap. Janice was very generous and it is soo aprreciated and will be used and cherrished.Thanks again grammyJ
You're Welcome Mary, Glad you liked everything.