Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • December Secret Pal Sign Up Closes 11/30 noon CDT >
  • December Secret Pal Sign Up Closes 11/30 noon CDT

• December Secret Pal Sign Up Closes 11/30 noon CDT

Old 12-11-2011, 03:01 AM

What some great packages! Lori i love the quilts you did a great job!!
    Old 12-11-2011, 04:53 AM

Lori, these are great. I'm sure your adopted family is going to love them.

Originally Posted by Lori Peercy
    Will try to post pictures for the adopted family. The lap throws I made for them. Here goes.[ATTACH=CONFIG]294669[/ATTACH]the back of this is actually red, not orange![ATTACH=CONFIG]294671[/ATTACH]Black and white is for the 16yr old[ATTACH=CONFIG]294672[/ATTACH]i ran out of the flannel and had to use some from the front for the back.[ATTACH=CONFIG]294674[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]294675[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]294675[/ATTACH]Light green for 6yr old and alphabet is for the 7yr old, [ATTACH=CONFIG]294676[/ATTACH]back of alphabet quilt. i used a fllece blanket. IStar Wars for the 10 yr old boy. not were hard just alot of them and finding tme to work onthem. Havplenty just sent me a differenet baby blanket for the 6 month old and I decided to give her both.[ATTACH=CONFIG]294670[/ATTACH]
    Old 12-11-2011, 05:04 AM
    Swap Hosts

Wow that embroidery thread is wonderful, but I agree the price is high. I have several 16-quart bins full of thread that I got at estate sales and I didn't pay more than $3 for a huge bag of it, but ... I guess this lady knows what she has.
    Old 12-11-2011, 05:24 AM
    Swap Hosts

Quiltin'Gran, I'm so glad you liked everything. I love those Harbor Freight clips when I'm quilting or embroidering something large. You just roll it up and clip to keep it out of the way.

Robyn, I hope your repairs aren't too costly. Fingers crossed!

Great packages, everyone! I especially loved that chili pepper fabric.

Lori, the quilts are wonderful.
    Old 12-11-2011, 05:52 AM
    Swap Hosts

I got a lovely RAK from Quilty Louise and I just wanted to thank her! It was a really wonderful lift for my day. Thanks also for all your hard work putting the list together. It is a wonderful idea.
    Old 12-11-2011, 06:36 AM

Default Lookie lookie!!!

I got my 2nd SP from Rosemary (ladybug 1938). Look at all the goodies I got. ( before ya'll look at the picture they are all MINE) She made me a very pretty table runner on the left that is reversibale (sp) and a coin purse, a very pretty pin cushion and very many great things that I will put to use Again a very BIG THANK YOU to Rosemary
    Old 12-11-2011, 06:42 AM

Originally Posted by tedytrser
    I got my 2nd SP from Rosemary (ladybug 1938). Look at all the goodies I got. ( before ya'll look at the picture they are all MINE) She made me a very pretty table runner on the left that is reversibale (sp) and a coin purse, a very pretty pin cushion and very many great things that I will put to use Again a very BIG THANK YOU to Rosemary
    OK WHAT HAPPEN Where are my pictures???????
    Old 12-11-2011, 06:42 AM

Good morning y'all.

Vicky W, that tree is beautiful, your partner will love getting I am sure. BTW, where is that partner, in FL by any chance, Judith wanted me to check for her.

Beautiful packages everyone is receiving. Dear Pal, maybe tomorrow will be your day, it'd mark the week since I sent it.

Robyn, hope you get your machine working again without too too much financial burden.

Lori, beautiful quilts you made for your adopted family, thanks for sharing with us.

Old 12-11-2011, 07:10 AM

I received the nicest package from Saraaev over the weekend. Sara was so kind and generous in sending me a yard of beautiful pointsettia fabric with 3 coordinating FQ's in addition to a magnificent piece of purple fabric (One of my favorite colors!!!). Let's see, so many goodies, she also sent me a hearty supply of tear away stabilizer to use with my embroidery machine as well as the sweetest red handbag which is a sewing kit which I collect, and a coordinating pair of large red scissors which have red rose fabric decoupaged on the blades(stunning!). Additionally she shared a retractable tape measure which my husband has already borrowed. Sara also enclosed a lovely package of note cards and a matching pencil, a large bag of Spice Drops and a sweet green butterfly pop. And as many of you know, I love pincushions and Sara made me two which I will always treasure! They are both absolutely beautiful!!! I am just thrilled with everything Sara! Thank you so very much for the friendly note card and personal msg letting me get to know you.

Merry Christmas!
    Attached Thumbnails dec-sp-pkg-saraaev.jpg  
    Old 12-11-2011, 07:13 AM

The dress is a towel to hang on the oven. Isn't is cute. I love the sewing machine ornament too.

I have not heard from the person that I sent my package to. I mailed it on Wed. I hope she got it and that she liked it.

Lori, good job on the quilts.

Last edited by ssnare; 12-11-2011 at 07:17 AM.