Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
December Secret Pal Sign Up Closes 11/30 noon CDT >

December Secret Pal Sign Up Closes 11/30 noon CDT

December Secret Pal Sign Up Closes 11/30 noon CDT

Old 12-13-2011, 05:33 PM

Originally Posted by wanda lou View Post
Cincinnati, could be for me.

Hey guys I am having my second eye surgery in the morning.
Wanda Lou I will be thinking of you tomorrow. Good luck on your surgery.
Old 12-13-2011, 05:36 PM

Yeah it is..I want to know so much how she liked it..Hopefully she will let me know soon ..Diana

Originally Posted by Krystyna View Post
Diana, the waiting for your pal to respond is enervating, isn't it?
So, Ms. Kimscruzer, why are you talking about goetta-stuffed elephants?

Who is from Ohio?
Old 12-13-2011, 05:42 PM
Power Poster

Hi Robyn, I thought it sounded good too. I was going to start it for the past 2 evenings and wasn't able to.I couldn't find a used copy so I bought new. It was my own christmas treat to me from me.lol Everyone gets all these homemade candies and treats and I can't have them so I splerged on a book.Has anyone heard from wondaLou since her surgery today? hope everything went well for her.I seen she was posting way into the wee hours today.I get like that when something like surgery is gonna be done too.I think when I am done reading it I will send it to WondaLou for her daughter to sign for me.That will be another nice treat for me. Mary
Old 12-13-2011, 05:59 PM

I am not seeing any clues about sending a package to Wisconsin. Nothing mentioning our awesome Packers, or that our Badgers are going to the Rosebowl, or that I need to enjoy my SP package with beer and brats. Or that my zip code adds to 16. Where oh where are my hints??? Curiosity killed the cat you know. lol
Old 12-13-2011, 06:30 PM

Today I received my secret pal package from AUSTRAILIA!!!! My secret pal was Aussie Croyden.
Thank you so very much Jackie. I love the fishing fabric. She sent me 4 fat quarters of fishing fabric. ) Those are really nice. I am going to see if my wife will make me a mug rug or something out of them. I know she can't do it right away as she has to finish making the Cross Quilt that she is making for a friend of ours that needs it by Jan 6. She has the top totally done she just needs to put the back on and bind it, but sometimes shes slow so I won't bug her just yet. I too like the calendar. It has beautiful pictures in it too. I put the Melbourne magnet on the fridge for all to see. I will use the key chain for an extra house key and car key instead of them just being tossed in the drawer to get lost. The post cards are really cool. We pretty much only have signs for deer, elk, and sometimes in the country signs warning of livestock. But never any for kangaroos, koala's, wallabees or emus. So that was really cool. She also sent me a Calander for 2012 that has beautiful pictures of Austrailia. A couple post cards and a Christmas card wishing Airwick and I a Merry Christmas from Aussie land. That was so thoughtful. So Thank you once again Jackie.
Old 12-13-2011, 06:58 PM

Originally Posted by mmb195152 View Post
I am not seeing any clues about sending a package to Wisconsin. Nothing mentioning our awesome Packers, or that our Badgers are going to the Rosebowl, or that I need to enjoy my SP package with beer and brats. Or that my zip code adds to 16. Where oh where are my hints??? Curiosity killed the cat you know. lol
Haven't seen any for me either....both of the ones I thought were coming to me, didn't LOL
Old 12-13-2011, 07:08 PM

I've missed visiting with everyone the last couple of days. I've been dealing with a lot of pain. We have been having rain for the last couple of days now, with more coming. I had to go to the hospital today with a nasty migraine. It took a lot of drugs to get it under control, but I am doing better now. I'm really sleepy from it all. I'm hoping to get some sleep tonight finally. I'm going to mail my SP package tomorrow. I'll send what I have made now and then the mug rug when I can finish it. Lori it will be a little longer until I can send the block that I promised for Marty's 2nd quilt. I'll get it out as soon as I can.
Old 12-13-2011, 07:16 PM

Originally Posted by brenda21 View Post
Haven't seen any for me either....both of the ones I thought were coming to me, didn't LOL
Sorry Brenda...I will bring you some hot chocolate and some homemade Christmas Cookies....unless you want some Spiked Egg Nog.. You will get your package soon I'm sure...maybe you will get it on Dec 24th. I think that would be so cool to get one on Christmas Eve to put under the tree.

Here is a clue or two for my Dec Secret Pal......If you count ONLY THE LETTERS (NOT NUMBERS) If you count every single letter in the persons first and last name......plus....the name of their street (including spelling out STREET, LANE, ROAD etc) the name of their town AND the full spelling of their state...you will come up with the number 44. And has a dog.

Now for SWAMPFOX's Secret pal hint.....Same hint except this persons LETTERS ONLY add up to 39 and the NUMBERS ONLY add up to 22. And has dogs.

Expect your packages by mid week.
Old 12-13-2011, 07:40 PM

I hope you get to feeling better and what they give you helps. I have suffered from migraines ever since I started having seizures, they are miserable! I hope you get to feeling better!! When I have had to go to the hospital with my migraines, I have found they really good about giving your drugs that make you sleep.

Originally Posted by arizonagirl View Post
I've missed visiting with everyone the last couple of days. I've been dealing with a lot of pain. We have been having rain for the last couple of days now, with more coming. I had to go to the hospital today with a nasty migraine. It took a lot of drugs to get it under control, but I am doing better now. I'm really sleepy from it all. I'm hoping to get some sleep tonight finally. I'm going to mail my SP package tomorrow. I'll send what I have made now and then the mug rug when I can finish it. Lori it will be a little longer until I can send the block that I promised for Marty's 2nd quilt. I'll get it out as soon as I can.

Last edited by Juli; 12-13-2011 at 07:49 PM.
Old 12-13-2011, 07:57 PM

lori i do not have a pattern when i was thinking about making a tree wall art, i looked at several on this board along with several online. that one was on this board. i never worry too much about patterns as i just grid the pattern i like to come up with some proportions and then make my own version of it. here is the link for that wall hanging.
http://www.quiltingboard.com/picture...-t91395-2.html

Originally Posted by Lori Peercy View Post
I like this one, where did you find the pattern for that one? if you would share please that is lol