Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 27 of 34 FirstFirst ... 17 26 27 28 ... LastLast

Thread: December Secret Pal Swap Closes Nov 30th 4pm CDST

Blog Entries
    Just reading this make me cringe for you. You are going to be sore for a while. I hope you are OK and I'm glad your baby wasn't hurt. Probably scared him to death.

Quote Originally Posted by mrsaj11 View Post
    Well my day started , when at the top of my outside steps I got Vertago and you guess right Down 4 steps with my Min Pin Roy in my arms, It Hurts, barefooted cut up my feet, thought I broke both ankles, could not stand up. My baby went flying after I hit the ground, he is ok, thank God for that. Then you guess right the mail lady Sam came and no Box............what a bad day.........Where's that DRINK!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by brenda21 View Post
    Dabbler you are a craaaazy woman!!!hahahha....can't stand the cold and when it starts getting like this I *REALLY* miss south Florida (even though Ladybug thinks I'm nuts on that one)
    Brenda, Yes you are crazy to love Florida, I really dislike it... Dislike the heat in the summer and the constant change in weather back and forth , yesterday morning it was 40 at 5 AM and then today it was 63.. Go figure... In Michigan
    where I lived when it got cold it stayed that way and snow was beautiful, Cold weather is hard on me now, but I still dislike Florida... How are you doing Brenda??? I've had a few setbacks the last 4 weeks, so haven;t been on here much... Merry Christmas everyone, just in case something else happens that I don't post... Love you all...Rosemary

Isn't that snow pretty????????
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Rosemary

Hearing happens when the ears and the brain team up, but listening happens with the ears of the heart.

I collect Angels and homemade ornaments

Blog Entries
    Well my day started , when at the top of my outside steps I got Vertago and you guess right Down 4 steps with my Min Pin Roy in my arms, It Hurts, barefooted cut up my feet, thought I broke both ankles, could not stand up. My baby went flying after I hit the ground, he is ok, thank God for that. Then you guess right the mail lady Sam came and no Box............what a bad day.........Where's that DRINK!
    Wow, you are going to be sore tomorrow. I hope you take a pain reliever for the pain. Get well soon and be careful. Glad your doggie is okay. Take care.

Blog Entries
    Oh, OW! You are going to be sore for awhile. Glad Roy is ok! Hope you feel better soon and get your box too. I'm staying in tonight as I have a cold, and the last time I went down the stair at my house in weather like this I did the same thing you did - on the way to the guild Christmas party, which is tonight.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gzuslivz View Post
    For the eye mask I traced around one I already had. The first aid kit tutorial is at www.positivelysplendid.com/2012/11/portable-first-aid-kit-sewing-tutorial.html
    I don't think you have to put all that in. Just go to positivelysplendid.com and look for it. It is really easy and fun to make. I am using a hair tie instead of the ribbon. I will try to post a pic tomorrow morning. I'll also post the rice packs.
    Thanks gsuslivz - now that I think on it I may be making them sooner than I thought, good to send to the college students in their care packages this spring!

No package for me yet either.....still waiting and it is getting cold!! Hope to get it soon.........or maybe it got mixed up with Santas gifts....hope he doesn't deliver it to the wrong house....

Blog Entries
    So we had a snow day here....and we did get mail but no box....finished a quilt top today.... but when I went to check to see if grades were in I got an A in my intro religion class..so that made up for me not getting a box today...anyone want to come and help shovel the 12 inches that we got today?

Mrsaj11...sorry to hear that you got hurt. Sending prayers your way!

Sp just checked delivery confirmation and it says your pkg was delivered! Yea! Hope you like and enjoy your pkg!

It was 70 here last night after 10pm and now tonight its supposed to be 30! Go figure, the old saying is if you don't like the weather here in Fl just wait a day and it will change! But I would love some snow! DH is from the UP of Michigan and I went to Hschool there, we would have snow to our roofs and would love to have some of that right now. My Gkids would love it! Everyone have a wonderful night!

Wyoming in the summer, Florida in the winter
    Blog Entries
    Don't like the pic of the snow, I just have to look out my windows. All of you are welcome and you can shovel or get out the tractor and blade all you want. I'm about 50 miles from the entrance of Yellowstone, is that close enough for you? It is now 9 degrees and the fireplace is burning like crazy.
    Let me in Segasal.....I'm freezing!!!! I'll be really nice and quiet promise. I have to wait for my package, postman must be froze too!

Improving everyday and walking sometimes without the cane. Still babying it, but can now sit with my knee bent at 90 degree angle for a while before it aches. Yippee.

MRSAJ11 - Oh my. So sorry to hear about your fall. I can certainly sympathize with you.

I am upset with the USPS. I mailed priority on the 17th, Monday, and it still is not there according to the tracking. It said it reached sorting in the "mid-Atlantic" state on the 19th. It said the exact same thing today. It never said it went out for delivery or anything. Why pay the extra money if it won't make it timely? I mailed the same day to my cousin in upstate NY and she got hers on the 19th. Go figure. So those of you on the bench, don't despair - I'm sure your packages are on the way or stuck on Santa's sleigh somewhere. I'll be darned angry if it is misplaced, though. There are a few special items in there including one handmade thing. It is Christmas after all, so some extras were sent.
    "Sew Happy" Sharon

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jaba View Post
    Don't like the pic of the snow, I just have to look out my windows. All of you are welcome and you can shovel or get out the tractor and blade all you want. I'm about 50 miles from the entrance of Yellowstone, is that close enough for you? It is now 9 degrees and the fireplace is burning like crazy.
    Let me in Segasal.....I'm freezing!!!! I'll be really nice and quiet promise. I have to wait for my package, postman must be froze too!
    Come one in Jaba....It is nice and warm in here. Just so you know I maybe a little crazy with all of the stuff that I need to do today though...lol

SharonAnne,
    Don't feel bad, though I mailed mine on the 18th I just checked the tracking and it still says sorting in Tampa! Like you I mailed other items and they arrived in two days but againn this is the Christmas rush it just be nice if they updated the tracking system. Hope your knee is doing better. Keep nursing it and you will be back to your old self again!

Quote Originally Posted by SharonAnne View Post
    I am upset with the USPS. I mailed priority on the 17th, Monday, and it still is not there according to the tracking. It said it reached sorting in the "mid-Atlantic" state on the 19th. It said the exact same thing today. It never said it went out for delivery or anything. Why pay the extra money if it won't make it timely? I mailed the same day to my cousin in upstate NY and she got hers on the 19th. Go figure. So those of you on the bench, don't despair - I'm sure your packages are on the way or stuck on Santa's sleigh somewhere. I'll be darned angry if it is misplaced, though. There are a few special items in there including one handmade thing. It is Christmas after all, so some extras were sent.
    SharonAnne, my pkg (I just know it's mine! ) is probably sitting in the Norfolk HUB to be placed on the delivery truck any day now. Let me explain the HUB thingy like my postman explained to me because I often complain about late pkg delivery to myself.....he said pkgs sit at the HUB office if there is no more room on the truck to pack the truck up w/anymore. When there's room, they'll put it on the truck. But I know pkgs w/del. con. generally go thru so I am w/you, I dunno what the deal is. Now, my reg postal man is retiring this month, if he hasn't already, so it may also be a new person and ANYTIME we get a new person the mail is slow or we get another's mail, etc. I'm ok w/it so don't worry, it'll get to me eventually and I will love everything!...Teresa

Blog Entries
    Sharon Anne..so glad you are better...just be careful and you will be up and running again. Sorry about your fall Mrsaj and I hope you are doing better today LadyBug...Lori are you almost packed for your trip? I hope you are feeling better as well. We did get snow last night but not enough to even make a snowman. I am so hoping we have a white Christmas. Take care everyone. Maybe my package will come today!??! Hope so!
    "You must do the thing you think you cannot do"....E. Roosevelt

Sharon
    Yorkville, IL

Blog Entries
    Priority Mail is no longer 3 days . Your package will be there today.
    YOUR LABEL NUMBER SERVICE STATUS OF YOUR ITEM DATE & TIME LOCATION FEATURES
    Priority Mail
    Out for Delivery
    December 21, 2012, 8:14 am
    RANDOM LAKE, WI 53075
    Delivery Confirmation

Sorting Complete
    December 21, 2012, 8:04 am
    RANDOM LAKE, WI 53075
    Arrival at Post Office
    December 21, 2012, 7:23 am
    RANDOM LAKE, WI 53075
    Processed through USPS Sort Facility
    December 21, 2012, 2:27 am
    MILWAUKEE, WI 53201
    December 20, 2012, 10:45 pm
    MILWAUKEE, WI 53201
    Depart USPS Sort Facility
    December 20, 2012
    MILWAUKEE, WI 53201
    December 20, 2012, 3:52 pm
    MILWAUKEE, WI 53201
    Depart USPS Sort Facility
    December 17, 2012
    PENSACOLA, FL 32522
    Processed at USPS Origin Sort Facility
    December 17, 2012, 8:56 pm
    PENSACOLA, FL 32522
    Accepted at USPS Origin Sort Facility
    December 17, 2012, 7:41 pm
    MIRAMAR BEACH, FL 32550
    Electronic Shipping Info Received
    December 16, 2012

Blog Entries
    Hope everyone not feeling well is feeling better soon.
    Pretty quiet around here, am not awake yet, don't know why but I'm so sleepy all the time, even with using my CPAP machine.

Blog Entries
    Good things do come to those who wait! Take a look at the great package I got from SLHughes...I got a pattern, seam ripper, emery board, Christmas card, 3 fat quarters in my favorite colors, much needed calendar, journal, square ruler, cutter case, machine needles and another case filled with needed items...pins, needles, thimble, folding scissors, sewing kit,safety pins, etc. Such a fun package...truly AMAZING! Thanks so much Stacey (SLHughes) Merry Christmas. Sharon
    PS...I PM'd Lori!!!
    "You must do the thing you think you cannot do"....E. Roosevelt

Sharon
    Yorkville, IL

Hmm..... My first package arrived in Hawaii on the 18th, but no word of my other one, which didn't t have to go so far. No sign of mine either.
    Lang may yer lum reek. (I'm a knitter - hence - 'Knit-ette'. Confuses a lot of people!)

Blog Entries

Sorry Ladies I have to leave the warm room... I got my box....

I came home from errands this morning....and I had a box on my front porch. Don't I will leave the hot chocolate for all you left....this is what I got from fayzer! I love it all...it was wrapped so pretty that I had to show you all. My family said that I had to wait until Christmas to open it. I cannot wait to try out the magnifier for sure! I love the santa hand lotion as well and even treats for meadow!

Blog Entries
    I sent mine on 12/12 and no word from her either.

Blog Entries
    In the same boat here. Mailed out my package on the 15th. Tracking makes no sense, left here on the 15th, then went to PA on the 16th, then back to not so far away from here on the 16th again, then back to the same spot on the 17th. Hopefully it will get there soon. Here is the tracking number for anyone still looking for one coming their way.
    03122120000046944114. Hope everyone is having a great holiday season so far. Its snowing here. DH has taken all the kids out to do some last minute shopping for my presents. So I am just taking advantage of the quiet to get a bite to eat, catch up on the board, and do some sewing finally.

My package is set to arrive in Canada on Dec. 24th, hopefully it will arrive early. Merry Christmas! Asked USPS to add tracking, gave me the # but somehow didn't enter # into the system so I can't check to see where package is.

Thank you so much, tealfalcon! What a great day for my package to arrive--I needed a lift today. Ghiradelli chocolates (oh, my!) 3 pretty felt tree ornaments, and 5 generous pieces of fabric for my newbie stash. Especially love the pineapple one! thanks again and Merry Christmas to all.
    Name:  SP Dec12.jpg
Views: 101
Size:  86.4 KB

What a great day, a lot of great boxes finding there new homes....just not to my house. Darn it!
    Thank you all for the prayers, I hurt in places I didn't know you could hurt, my feet, ankles, knees...and right shoulder. My Min Pin Roy is doing fine, just doesn't want in my arms right now after that fall.

SharonAnne, I would have sworn you were my SP by the "mid-Atlantic" clue but you're not, not this time anyways.

KNITETTE, you are my SP and I just rec'd a great pkg from you! Thank you for everything, I love it all! I just love the fabric from Scotland! SORRY....I forgot the binding clips in the pic!
    Name:  Dec2012 from Knitette (482x500).jpg
Views: 97
Size:  216.6 KB

Teresa
    Last edited by mscupid804; 12-21-2012 at 01:14 PM.

Page 27 of 34 FirstFirst ... 17 26 27 28 ... LastLast