Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4 of 34 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 14 ... LastLast

Thread: December Secret Pal Swap Closes Nov 30th 4pm CDST

Blog Entries
    Lori I just sent you a pm with a question
    I collect Seraphim Angels

Blog Entries
    I'm waiting to find out who I have and what colors I need before I start gathering my goodies. Sure as shootin' I'll have one color scheme in mind and they will love another. Better safe than sorry. I can't wait to get my name and get started though. I have two projects in mind to make for my partner, the rest will have to be purchased because my stash is not very big. But this will be a fun swap. I hope I can make someones holiday season a little brighter with my pressies.

Lori did you get my pm?

Quote Originally Posted by tealfalcon View Post
    Lori did you get my pm?
    Hope she got mine too, Teal.....

Ooooooooh did every one see Lori's post that says you can have more than one SP this month!?!?

More goodies for everybody!!!

luvstoquilt,
    You must have ESP! Quilty Louise welcome back we missed ya! Hoping everything is ok with you. This is going to be an exciting month for me. This is my bday mth, my son comes home for the holidays from VA, my dd graduates from college and then christmas vacation for one week for me! Yes! Can't wait to get my name.

Blog Entries
    im in again--a;ready stated a homemade item for my pal whoever they may turn out to be.

What are some homemade items people are making for their December boxes????
    Stacey

Quote Originally Posted by SLHughes View Post
    I usually do a scissor fob and may do a runner or an ornament for Christmas...I got a gorgeous runner from Jaba last month and it's on the coffee table in the family room already...Santa's....
    Brenda

HI everyone: My name is JAN RUTHERFORD if you had me as your NOVEMBER SP person to SEND To,,,,Would you send me a note: As of today I have not received a pkg. and PM LORI. I have a feeling theren is some kind of mix up in names or addresses. THANKS
    catsnquiltsgotogether

Jan - How sad that your November package is missing in action. I received someone else's check the other day - same house number but different street. I think the postal workers are not overly diligent these days as we often get other peoples' mail. Good luck, and I'd be happy to send you something to ease the disappointment.

Jaba - I love your house - all lit up like that makes it look so warm and welcoming. Tell your DH he should start a seasonal business decorating for people - he's good!!! My DH mentioned that he should put up some lights, then promptly became a couch potato and put in a BlueRay in his new early Christmas present to himself - a 47" flat screen, 3D tv. I have to admit, it IS nicer than trying to see our old small tv. And in lieu of lights, perhaps I can convince him to put on a 3D video of "The Fireplace". lol.

Quilty-Louise - Welcome back. Have missed you.

Brenda - Our next door neighbors are Latino and have the ugliest, meanest, sneakiest chihuahua (sorry, I like dogs a lot, but this one truly is scary looking and nasty acting). Anyway, this is the dog from Hades. I call him El Diablo (Spanish for The Devil). He always gets loose and comes over to my front lawn to do his business, all while looking in our front picture window, seemingly grinning. If I go out to shoo him away he actually comes toward me snarling and threating to bite. He KNOWS I don't like him, I am certain of it.

I was going to sit this month out, but can't help myself. I love Christmas and hope the month's swap is full of pretty and glittery things.

Tuesday I spent the day at the hospital. My leg has been aching constantly for about 7 weeks and recently I get out of breath after 1/2 block (I used to easily walk about 5 miles a day). My doctor urgently made me stay home from work and take some tests since my blood test was abnormal for blood clots. She thought clots in the leg and lung. Mercifully, that is not the case, but arthritis in my left knee seems to be the culprit and the surrounding muscles are overcompensating for my lack of range of motion. Tomorrow I start physical therapy to see if that helps. Anyway, I have been a bit preoccupied and did not think I could do this swap justice, but have decided I am not letting a little pain get the best of me. So, I am going to send my PM to Lori in the next hour.

Hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving!!! I can't wait for Christmas. Working for a school is great. Two weeks off with pay from Dec 22 - Jan 6th. Yippee. See you all later.
    "Sew Happy" Sharon

Today is St. Andrews Day (the Patron Saint of Scotland). It's not a holiday, but there's usually a few traditional bits and pieces in the shops, so I'm going to see if there's anything nice for my SP packages.

Those of you who have had packages from me in the past know that I lean towards Scottish gifts and don't include a lot of fabric (partly because fabric is around $18 a yard!).

I'm also going to a Craft Fair tomorrow so might get something there. Fingers crossed!
    Lang may yer lum reek. (I'm a knitter - hence - 'Knit-ette'. Confuses a lot of people!)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SLHughes View Post
    I have a mug rug started and I will make a wristlet in favorite colors when I get those.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Knitette View Post
    Today is St. Andrews Day (the Patron Saint of Scotland). It's not a holiday, but there's usually a few traditional bits and pieces in the shops, so I'm going to see if there's anything nice for my SP packages.

Those of you who have had packages from me in the past know that I lean towards Scottish gifts and don't include a lot of fabric (partly because fabric is around $18 a yard!).

I'm also going to a Craft Fair tomorrow so might get something there. Fingers crossed!

That sounds like fun. Sometimes I think the U.S. could use a patron saint.

Hi Jan, good to see you again.

Blog Entries
    im in wooohooo

Oooooooh I would love to get some Scottish gifties... *keeping my fingers crossed you get me one month.

I have a love of many things celtic and have Irish/Welsh/Scots in my blood. Children are Alexandra, Ian and Quentin after reading my favorite books, the Outlander series by Diana Gabaldon. My sons have even had kilts before they were a year old!

Yippee... I'll stop my babbling now.[

QUOTE=Knitette;5689008]Today is St. Andrews Day (the Patron Saint of Scotland). It's not a holiday, but there's usually a few traditional bits and pieces in the shops, so I'm going to see if there's anything nice for my SP packages.

I'm also going to a Craft Fair tomorrow so might get something there. Fingers crossed![/QUOTE]

Blog Entries
    I finished my present for my SP. Let me know if you don't want it in case you are the one I will be assigned tomorrow! I can't wait!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "You must do the thing you think you cannot do"....E. Roosevelt

Sharon
    Yorkville, IL

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Knitette View Post

We had a wonderful visit to Scotland many years ago, enjoying your national drink, neat (that impressed the locals that we didn't want ice or even water). That would make a lovely gift from your home, but postal regs probably wouldn't let you do it, either here or on your end. It's hard to hear that fabric is soooo expensive over there. It must make every project a really thoughtful one. All things Scots welcomed here!

Welcome to all the newcomers and returnees.

I'm hoping to be able to make something for my SP this month. We'll see how the energy supply is.

Please! Please! Please! Please be my SP this month!!!

Love it, very cute!!

Quote Originally Posted by luvstoquilt View Post
    I finished my present for my SP. Let me know if you don't want it in case you are the one I will be assigned tomorrow! I can't wait!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by luvstoquilt View Post
    He is adorable. Please send him to me.

luvstoquilt that is adorable!!
    Brenda

had to show ya'll a picture of the newest member of the family...this is Jeter...
    Name:  012 (640x480).jpg
Views: 107
Size:  205.0 KB
    Brenda

Blog Entries
    Love the snowman runner - go ahead and pm for my address and just send it to me.
    Be good to yourself - do one thing each day that makes you smile.

Blog Entries
    Im in again. Glade your both back Louise and Teresa!!!
    You know if your a quilter when you cleanup your sewing room and your family thinks your moving out!! Author U/K Sue

Page 4 of 34 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 14 ... LastLast