December Secret Pal Swap Closes Nov 30th 4pm CDST >

December Secret Pal Swap Closes Nov 30th 4pm CDST

December Secret Pal Swap Closes Nov 30th 4pm CDST

Old 12-14-2012, 08:45 AM

Originally Posted by annthreecats View Post
Congratulations!
TY Ann
Old 12-14-2012, 09:19 AM

Oh Lori I hate hearing you are still feeling under the weather. I hope you will be better soon..so depressing when you don't feel well and at Christmastime, too. That adds "insult to injury" for sure. I am sending hugs and lots of wishes for your speedy recovery.

MsCupid..what a wonderful Christmas present for you. Being a GM is almost as good as being a mom. Wonderful seeing our children establishing their lives. What a blessing.
Old 12-14-2012, 09:56 AM

Okay, my December Secret Pal's zip code adds up to 34 and her package is expected to be delivered on Monday, 12/17/12, in plenty of time for Christmas. Oh, and if you have trouble getting photos up, I took a picture of all your goodies last night before I wrapped and packed. So you don't have long to wait now. Can't wait for you to get it and have some fun.
Old 12-14-2012, 10:38 AM

Mail man came and went.....no box for me today...

Lori, Get better soon. Sending prayers up for you and those in Connecticut as well!
Old 12-14-2012, 10:46 AM

Originally Posted by mscupid804 View Post
OFF TOPIC: Ladies, I was informed yesterday by my oldest daughter that I am going to be a grandma (1st time)!!!! Best Christmas present ever!!!!

Teresa
Congratulations! Grandchildren are your reward for putting up with your own children, lol!
Old 12-14-2012, 10:49 AM

unfortunately i will be mailing a couple days late this month or so it appears. I was counting on using a check i received in the mail but since it was written to both my husband and me, bank wont take unless husband endorses also. Now how is that to happen if I havent seen him in 12 years? but if push comes to shove, package will be mailed no later than Wednesday.
Old 12-14-2012, 11:04 AM

I wanted to thank Barbara Morris, I don't have her screen name, for my wonderful package I received last evening. It was full of home made items and goodies. red & green hot pads. a bread basket napkin, which I was in need of, some quilters slip n grips which was on my wish list, so looking forward to using them on my templates and see if they work, recipe cards, which I can always use, will be much better then a scrap of paper here and there, a Bella Citrus design roll, which I just love 2.5" strips, so quick they go together I have found, note pads, nail file, peppermint scented floating candles, pastel colored solid fabrics, nice warm, soft footies, which I so needed, I can now get rid of my ratty ones, a Christmas card, and my favorite chocolate which I did not even add other then chocolate, Lindor milk chocolate pieces. I am sure they will be gone before the end of the weekend, if they last that long. Thank you so much for my wonderful surprise package.
Old 12-14-2012, 11:19 AM

Knitette, that is just what I was thinking seems to be the only one going out of the US perhaps we are going to have to share it lol.

Lori, so sorry you are not feeling too good, no need to apologise for the names everyone appreciates all the hard work you put into this swap.

Krystyna lovely to see you back on the thread, hope things are settling down for you.

mscupid 804 what can I say I have two grandaughters and they have just taken over my heart, you have so much joy ahead of you.

Canny

Originally Posted by Knitette View Post
This is the only hint I've seen this month that fits me. Then again, it could be Cannyquilter or Gaijin or, in fact, the quilter in the Netherlands, or the one in Australia...................
Old 12-14-2012, 11:32 AM

You're welcome, Catjo. This is my first time for SP. I see how it works--you get to shop and stash goodies all the time, then pick from your pile (plus shop a little more!) to make up a package. Fun, fun-- and an excuse to visit the fabric shop over and over.

To the new grandmother-to-be: One of the best things about being a GM is seeing your own child's eyes light up when he/she looks at that baby---because now they know what you felt for them. Congratulations!
Old 12-14-2012, 01:03 PM
Banned

You caught on fast on how the SP swaps works good going.

I TOTALLY love your comment about being a grandma. I hope to
become a grandma some day but like I was telling MsCupid, the
ONLY chance I may have to become a grandma will be when my
youngest of the 3 daughters finishes college and has kids.
The oldest one can't have children, and the middle girl doesn't want
to ever have kids.

Originally Posted by mimim View Post
You're welcome, Catjo. This is my first time for SP. I see how it works--you get to shop and stash goodies all the time, then pick from your pile (plus shop a little more!) to make up a package. Fun, fun-- and an excuse to visit the fabric shop over and over.

To the new grandmother-to-be: One of the best things about being a GM is seeing your own child's eyes light up when he/she looks at that baby---because now they know what you felt for them. Congratulations!