December Secret Pal Swap Closes Nov 30th 4pm CDST >

December Secret Pal Swap Closes Nov 30th 4pm CDST

December Secret Pal Swap Closes Nov 30th 4pm CDST

Old 12-21-2012, 02:57 PM

Thumbs up From My Elf this Month

Here are my goodies Sharon Anne sent me, Thank you again, MRSAJ11
Attached Thumbnails dscn2506.jpg   dscn2507.jpg   dscn2508.jpg   dscn2509.jpg  
Old 12-21-2012, 03:00 PM

Oh My, I thought I took4 pics, the first was the sunrise off my back porch this morning!

Last edited by mrsaj11; 12-21-2012 at 03:00 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 12-21-2012, 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by mscupid804 View Post
Knitette, I forgot to ask you, the round handmade item, is that to put a wine glass bottom in?
It is indeed, but if it doesn't fit your glass just place on top. I've pm'd you with the story of the candy, lol.
Old 12-21-2012, 04:05 PM

Lovely packages arriving! So many pretty things. That squirrel book looks like a hoot!
Old 12-21-2012, 04:51 PM

I love seeing all the great things eveyone is getting in the December SP packages. I'm still patiently waiting. It's okay though, I got some gifts from work, one of which is a $25.00 gc to JoAnns. So guess where I'mn going tomorrow moring. I also received my Christmas gift to myself today. I ordered one of those fancy thread spool holders from Connecting Threads last week and I got it today. It's beautiful and very heavy. Merry Christmas everyone! Be safe if you are traveling.
Old 12-21-2012, 05:16 PM

*Off Topic* Does anyone own one of the stand alone bobbin threaders? I am thinking of buying one but would like real reviews. Thanks everyone.
Old 12-21-2012, 06:22 PM

MrsAJ11 - Your package was a lot of fun to put together!! Good information from you - thanks for making it easy. I went into the Wild Bird Store in my area looking for Christmas gifts for family and friends, and my eyes immediately locked on the squirrel book. I just HAD to get it for you, and I crossed my fingers that you would not be upset by the parts that said people hate squirrels. Personally, I think they are amusing, but I get frustrated because they take one bite out of each of my peaches and leave the rest during harvest time - they get more than I do to be truthful. Currently they are piling the dried out peach stones on my outdoor chaise lounge (very large pile of them) and they also line them up on the fence top. The other day, I was watching one in my fruitless mulberry tree that now has tiny stones/berries on it. He would pick and stuff about 10 per clump of them, then move on to the next clump (clumps probably have 50 or so). That took about 20 minutes of hard work and he was picking and stuffing very fast with both paws. He/she could not possibly have swallowed ANY of them!! How on earth did he fit that many in his cheeks? Fascinating!!! I love making the 10 minute table runners (thanks to Brenda21 for that great idea).

Our sunrise here stopped me in my tracks when leaving for work this morning. Unfortunately, I did not have my camera with me and did not feel like climbing back up the steps to go get it. The gold, peach, yellow and brilliant pink was out of this world. I think it was the prettiest one I have ever seen.

My arthritic leg continues to heal and I couldn't be happier. I can walk pretty good now without the cane but take it anyway in case the knees buckle and I go down without a way to easily get back up. The pain is only when I forget I should not move quickly from side to side and knees now bend at 90 degrees without pain. Still a little swelling, but nothing too bothersome.. Today was my last day of work until January 7th, so I intend to do a lot of babying myself. The only place I'm really concerned is in the slippery shower, and I have decided that climbing on chairs and counters should totally be an activity for the youngsters.

Good luck to everyone on the bench on receiving their packages before Christmas. I heard that many of the delivery people are now contract people and not actual employees, so I'm sure there is a learning curve issue.

Happy Ho Ho everyone. No, not the Hostess kind.
Old 12-21-2012, 06:38 PM

shortmom5 I can tell you I bought one and it is now in the drawer. Never could get it so it would wind evenly, 1 time it does and the next a total mess, had to cut off all the thread and get rid of it. I would not buy again. If I ever have you as my swap pal I'll pass it on to you and you can judge for yourself if you've not already purchased 1.
SharonAnne so glad you're getting better. These 2 weeks off will help alot I'm sure. Less stress and relaxed, that does sound nice.
Nothing in the mail today, hopefully soon, I'm getting very anxious....
For all of you employed ladies, I hope you get some time off during the season to enjoy the holiday with loved ones. And for all of us retirees, I hope your holiday is a happy time with loved ones also.
Old 12-21-2012, 08:01 PM

Still waiting on my second package to arrive and I've only heard from one of the people that I sent to....TGIF!!
Old 12-21-2012, 08:11 PM

Dear Mrs AJ11, so sorry to hear that you fell. I hope you are OK and heal very quickly. Falling is not fun, I fell getting ready for the church yard sale and had to make a trip the hospital. ( I was helping my father carry some things and missed a step....and then tried to bust the concrete..) All is turn out to be well after a few week. So I understand the pain. Get well soon,

My package was received today....I love the way the post office emails to let me know it was delivered and the time.