December Secret Pal Swap

Old 12-09-2010, 04:51 AM

Originally Posted by pennyj123
Gday and thankyou to my Secret Pal for December, thelondonzoo (Christina), i love everything that i received. Was so much fun and was so surprised at arriving so quickly. Thank you heaps. xoxo
Awesome package!
I sent out my package the same day...it was only crossing the border, I sure hope it gets there soon, haven't heard from my pal yet.
Old 12-09-2010, 05:14 AM

MY SP's package is going out today--up to where it's cold-so I know the chocolate won't melt! I put it inside a plastic bag anyway--in case it gets smashed or something! I hope she likes everything. OK, it's on the way to O-HI-O. But we have lots of members there, so it's still a little bit of a mystery! I have not heard of the city before though, so maybe that narrows it down a little bit. I'm hoping she has it by Saturday or Monday at the latest. This has been fun and I look forward to doing it all again next year!
Hugs, Mary B MS
Old 12-09-2010, 05:22 AM

Are the numbers posted from the posts of the members? I know my October & November pals sent me PM's but October did not post on the thread--unless she did so very late. I didn't know how the list worked. I also think it's a shame that this happens. When MSN had groups, I know there were some swappers that signed up for a swap and as soon as they got it they left the group. I hope that's not happening here. I would also be willing to be an "elf" if needed in the future for no sew swaps--just let me know.
Hugs, Mary B MS

Originally Posted by BonniFeltz
Originally Posted by azwendyg
Originally Posted by pattis47
It is a shame that this has happened. There was no need for it. There were several of us who volunteered to be sure everyone got a swap....all that had to happen was to send us the info and the gift would have been mailed. But for an extra PM, everyone would have been happy. Now 95% of us are punished for the actions of 5%...how is this fair?
It is sad... if you look at the activity page for the November swap you will see that 39 did NOT receive packages and 93 did... That's actually about 30% who did NOT send to their secret pals... hard to believe isn't it.
We do go ahead and contact people to send out extra packages but it is a long and tiring process to do that, etc. Everybody, if they tell us, will get something. I know that Suzanne sent out three, I sent out four, and yes, I even asked others to send it out so we do use our backup elves. Couldn't do it wthout them.
Old 12-09-2010, 05:40 AM

I am too puzzled at these numbers. Wow! That is so many slackers here. I was just looking at some of the ones that are not marked received and noticing they haven't even posted anything on the board for a while..are we trying to contact the person that was supposed to send and asking them if they did and when? I know this is a lot of work for the hostess. Bonni, if you need my help, you can send me some names and I can do some PMing for you.
Also, I hope you are leaving negative feedback for all those who didn't follow through and didn't have a good reason. Actually thinking about it, there is no good reason for not sending, I can see you running late due to family emergency or whatever, but not sending, what kind of excuse could one have for that?

Originally Posted by msquilter59
Are the numbers posted from the posts of the members? I know my October & November pals sent me PM's but October did not post on the thread--unless she did so very late. I didn't know how the list worked. I also think it's a shame that this happens. When MSN had groups, I know there were some swappers that signed up for a swap and as soon as they got it they left the group. I hope that's not happening here. I would also be willing to be an "elf" if needed in the future for no sew swaps--just let me know.
Hugs, Mary B MS

Originally Posted by BonniFeltz
Originally Posted by azwendyg
Originally Posted by pattis47
It is a shame that this has happened. There was no need for it. There were several of us who volunteered to be sure everyone got a swap....all that had to happen was to send us the info and the gift would have been mailed. But for an extra PM, everyone would have been happy. Now 95% of us are punished for the actions of 5%...how is this fair?
It is sad... if you look at the activity page for the November swap you will see that 39 did NOT receive packages and 93 did... That's actually about 30% who did NOT send to their secret pals... hard to believe isn't it.
We do go ahead and contact people to send out extra packages but it is a long and tiring process to do that, etc. Everybody, if they tell us, will get something. I know that Suzanne sent out three, I sent out four, and yes, I even asked others to send it out so we do use our backup elves. Couldn't do it wthout them.
Old 12-09-2010, 06:11 AM

Glad you liked your package Wanderingcreek!!! I enjoyed putting it together as much I am sure. We definetly have lots in common!!!
Old 12-09-2010, 09:50 AM

Bonni, we had that many in November that didn't get a package?

I just asked about carrying it over to the new year and with numbers like that, no way will they let us do another.

Suzanne
Old 12-09-2010, 10:00 AM

Suzanne, who is "they" besides Patrice?
Old 12-09-2010, 10:10 AM

I just have to say that I sent my non squishy-squishy (it's in a box so it won't squish!) this am!! I sent it about 994 miles to the south east of me! The post lady said they should deliver it on Monday!!
Old 12-09-2010, 10:12 AM

Admin
Old 12-09-2010, 10:30 AM

The people that are not sending out are receiving, right? If they don't have the $$$$ to buy something then why don't they just rewrap or at least change the address on the box and just send on what they got? That seems pretty simple to me!