Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 36 FirstFirst 1 2 3 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Eager Beavers Chat and photos

here are some previews of my 'view'...

it's basically a bit of poetic license for art.
    it's the River Clyde which we live on, with our cottage on the left of the view (which is 2 miles up the hill from the river... lol)
    and the church where we were married on the right of the view (again, this church is down in Yorkshire in England, lol but i wanted it in my view)
    we're allowed to put what ever in our views... aren't we? lol...
    of cause we are!! :)

'view from my window', in the making...
    Name:  Attachment-170549.jpe
Views: 52
Size:  47.1 KB

closer...
    Name:  Attachment-170553.jpe
Views: 53
Size:  58.1 KB

drawing of left of view with cottage...
    Name:  Attachment-170558.jpe
Views: 59
Size:  25.5 KB

Blog Entries
    jacquie,
    Your artistic ability never ceases to amaze me.....your view can be anything you see or "want to see" of course because it is your view.
    I am so anxious to see this progress.
    Quote Originally Posted by jacquie
    here are some previews of my 'view'...

it's basically a bit of poetic license for art.
    it's the River Clyde which we live on, with our cottage on the left of the view (which is 2 miles up the hill from the river... lol)
    and the church where we were married on the right of the view (again, this church is down in Yorkshire in England, lol but i wanted it in my view)
    we're allowed to put what ever in our views... aren't we? lol...
    of cause we are!! :)

here's an update, just you and me here at the mo patti!! lol...
    i have a lot sewn down and have pinned on a lot more which will get sewn down tomorrow :)
    i'm quite enjoying this! very enjoyable!!

progress!
    Name:  Attachment-171597.jpe
Views: 56
Size:  22.3 KB

Blog Entries
    I must admit I haven't done anymore on mine since I started cutting the fabric for the AOTH quilt. I have been doing the hand applique for that and enjoying it so much. But now you have me interested again.....I will work on this over the weekend and hope to post a pic by sunday.

here's an update, just you and me here at the mo patti!! lol...
    i have a lot sewn down and have pinned on a lot more which will get sewn down tomorrow :)
    i'm quite enjoying this! very enjoyable!!

i suppose we do 'spur' each other on, don't we!!
    you jog me along, then i return the favour!! lol...
    please do post a pic! sew i can nosey a bit!!!:) looking forwards to seeing it!!

Blog Entries
    I promise it is totally different from Tea TIme.....I will post the pics when you need a lift. It will brighten your spirits and give you reason to laugh. It is very light-hearted and fun. I am sure you will each find yourself portrayed......or maybe not. Butt it sure is fun.

i suppose we do 'spur' each other on, don't we!!
    you jog me along, then i return the favour!! lol...
    please do post a pic! sew i can nosey a bit!!!:) looking forwards to seeing it!!

LOL, sounds great, and out of the ordinary!
    why didn't i do that!! lol...
    boring ole' scenery view humph... lol...
    sometimes i should think of 'different' as good...
    you really have me intrigued as to what you're up to! it sure sounds wonderful though! and very enjoyable!!

wish me luck, i'm applying for a couple of p/t jobs... DH says it's time to return to work! :(
    my heart says otherwise,
    my brain says 'aye lass, get your A''e moving again, (more money for material!! lol )
    my body & heart says 'i can't be doing with work! i need to sew!!!
    lol...
    what to do!!! DH is posting the 2 applications through their doors tomorrow AM, we will see what comes of it!
    ho hum!! off for a nice bubble bath!! (8.30pm)

At my little house, buried under a pile of fabric.
    Curosity has gooten the better of me!! LOL! What are you 2 up to? Looks and sounds fun. Can't wait to see more pics, watch this unfold!

Blog Entries
    Jacquie,
    You will have to remind DH that you will soon be a granny and will be on notice for stand in child care. You never know when you will be needed. A job would definitely interfer with that lovely duty.
    Option 1: Rocking the baby
    Option 2: Going to work.....
    No Brainer....DH might lose that one!!!!!
    :roll: :lol: :wink: :roll: :lol: :wink: :roll: :lol: :wink:

you really have me intrigued as to what you're up to! it sure sounds wonderful though! and very enjoyable!!

wish me luck, i'm applying for a couple of p/t jobs... DH says it's time to return to work! :(
    my heart says otherwise,
    my brain says 'aye lass, get your A''e moving again, (more money for material!! lol )
    lol...
    what to do!!! DH is posting the 2 applications through their doors tomorrow AM, we will see what comes of it!

Quote Originally Posted by pattis47
    Jacquie,
    You will have to remind DH that you will soon be a granny and will be on notice for stand in child care. You never know when you will be needed. A job would definitely interfer with that lovely duty.
    Option 1: Rocking the baby
    Option 2: Going to work.....
    No Brainer....DH might lose that one!!!!!
    :roll: :lol: :wink: :roll: :lol: :wink: :roll: :lol: :wink:

my heart says otherwise,
    lol...
    no, you're quite right patti! absolutely right!!! looking after a cute wee grand-daughter will be very demanding!! lol... esp while trying to carry on quilt making in-between... there will simply be no time to work!! ROFL...

Quote Originally Posted by Karen
    Curosity has gooten the better of me!! LOL! What are you 2 up to? Looks and sounds fun. Can't wait to see more pics, watch this unfold!
    uh ohh, dive for cover the spies are out lol... our plan to stay hidden has been foiled!! they found us! lol...

Well you really weren't trying very hard.

Blog Entries
    Oh drat, we've been found out!!!!! Now for a more serious side, how are you making out with getting permission for your block? We haven't heard from your for a few days.
    Hope the permission comes through for you. IT would be a shame for all that work to go to waste.

Still no word. Will emial them again tonight, and follow up with a phone call tomorrow. Yes it's getting closer to mailing date, and I will need to do some work on it. Right now I have a border to finish for the IRR. Have only completed one and a half sides so far, so best get off here and sew,sew,sew.

i wonder how the other ladies are getting on...
    we know dayle is up to her eyes in pin cushions etc, but how about joan & betty??? they're quiet just now.
    3.5 weeks until 'first' postal date, 15th april at latest.

i wonder if we need to 'remind' them we are on this thread as well. i haven't seen either of them on here yet...
    :(

Blog Entries
    Next time you talk to them remind them to stop by with news, ok
    i wonder how the other ladies are getting on...
    we know dayle is up to her eyes in pin cushions etc, but how about joan & betty??? they're quiet just now.
    3.5 weeks until 'first' postal date, 15th april at latest.

i wonder if we need to 'remind' them we are on this thread as well. i haven't seen either of them on here yet...
    :(

Blog Entries
    I had forgotten all about this thread. thanks for reminding me. The plan for my view is in my head. You all know I don't like to applique so my row is pieced. My view is mountains, sunset and more mountains. I don't think it will take very long to do, once I get to it.

I got it. I can make my block. Trustees of the shrine of remembrance said I can use the image. Now to finish the sewing and decide on a few more "views".

ohhh wow!!!! how fabulous is that!!!
    way to go linda!!!
    i'm seeeeeeew pleased for you!!!!

i was going to say, just use it. they will never know, but it's so much nicer and 'honest' to have the important 'yes, it's fine'!!!

i'm sew looking forwards to seeing it!!
    you will need to tell us more about your view! sounds very interesting!!

i think we need an in-depth explanation to everyones views and why we have chosen them! don't you!?!

Blog Entries
    That is such wonderful news. That must mean they felt you did the Shrine of Remembrance justice in your rendition with fabric, needle and thread. Congratulations !!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by lindyline
    I got it. I can make my block. Trustees of the shrine of remembrance said I can use the image. Now to finish the sewing and decide on a few more "views".

here is an update of my view, i did a bit more today, as well as another heart for the 'AOTH' sew along! i have to catch up with patti!!!! lol...

i've nearly completed the church where Col & I were married down in Yorkshire, and both of my girls were christened... couple more things to sew onto it and the church will be done...
    mmm, having problems posting my pics... hold on...

here is an update of my view, i did a bit more today, as well as another heart for the 'AOTH' sew along! i have to catch up with patti!!!! lol...

i've nearly completed the church where Col & I were married down in Yorkshire, and both of my girls were christened... couple more things to sew onto it and the church will be done...
    update on my 'view'...
    Name:  Attachment-174456.jpe
Views: 47
Size:  25.6 KB

church...
    Name:  Attachment-174457.jpe
Views: 21
Size:  67.1 KB

Pugh I really like your view!!

Blog Entries
    You are really just moving right along Jacquie. You will be far ahead of me now. I am going home to visit my son and his family this weekend. That means no sewing. My granddaughter has a concert on saturday so it will be alot of fun. She has called several times to be sure I will be there, like I would miss it! I will just have to be more diligent next week to keep pace with you.

ohh patti, sounds like a lovely few days away for you!
    so, where is 'home' compared to where you live now? and tell us more about the concert! how old is your GD? and what kind of concert is she involved in??

i promise you i won't shoot ahead in the sewing dept! lol although i am doing nothing but hand sewing just now, as i twisted my back some how the other day, and it is seeeeeew sore!! i can't do an awful lot at the moment but sew!!
    (SUCH A SHAME!!) LOL...

looking forwards to hearing about your weekend!!

I'll still be here lol... waiting to hear all of your news...
    have fun!!

Page 2 of 36 FirstFirst 1 2 3 12 ... LastLast