Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Eager Beavers Chat and photos >

Eager Beavers Chat and photos

Eager Beavers Chat and photos

Old 08-28-2011, 04:57 PM

That made me laugh.Some days I also don't know if I should laugh, speak or cry. But we will get through this all in one piece.The worst part here id the three girls disagreeing on almost every aspect of the bridal party.
Eldest daughter is threatening to pull out of the wedding party all together.Of course the fact she has just gone back to work after being off without pay for 2 months, is a big factor, especially as her little sister expects her to pay for bridesmaid dress, hair, makeup and shoes, all to bridezillas specifications. And then there's little miss almost 5 who demands to be flowergirl.Agghhhh.
Just as well I'm not a real stress head. This would be enough to send a mere mortal over the edge.Hehehe.
Old 09-01-2011, 11:54 AM

hi all, just to say i am still living and breathing... although it seems i'm living and breathing weddings!!! great thing is, i'm spending lots of time on ebay buying all sorts of wedding goodies! woohoo!! i LOVE ebay!! normally it's for fabric etc!!
ebay will think i'm ill or something!! their fabric sales will be down!! way down!!
i can live with that though ;)

have a great weekend all!!
love jacquie xxxx
Old 09-01-2011, 11:57 AM

Happy to hear that you are doing your part for the economy! LOL!
Hope you have a good weekend too.

Originally Posted by jacquie
hi all, just to say i am still living and breathing... although it seems i'm living and breathing weddings!!! great thing is, i'm spending lots of time on ebay buying all sorts of wedding goodies! woohoo!! i LOVE ebay!! normally it's for fabric etc!!
ebay will think i'm ill or something!! their fabric sales will be down!! way down!!
i can live with that though ;)

have a great weekend all!!
love jacquie xxxx
Old 09-05-2011, 10:05 PM

linda how is my next row doing?? have you any photos to tantalise me with??? love to see what you're up to with betty's...
come on!! don't be a tease!! lol...
;) :lol: ;)
Old 09-06-2011, 04:09 AM

It has been awfully quiet here. I don't have a row right now, but would love to see what the rest of you are up to.
Old 09-06-2011, 04:25 AM

Hello all, I have a row, but I still am unable to handsew. Little bits of glasss are an absolute pain. And did you know that they travel. I am so sorry that I have been unable to make progress on the house row, but it is all fused, and I am seriously thinking about machine applique for them. I will practice a little on Thursday and Friday, and see if my machine applique gets any better.
But on a brighter note, I have lots of cats cut out for my next row. Can't handsew, but I am able to cut and fuse.
When my phone and computer decide to talk, I will post a pic of the 5 houses. Even in their rough state, I think they are distinguishable.
Old 09-06-2011, 04:28 AM

Yes, they do travel and I'm sure that they aren't any fun for you. Take care of those hands of yours!
Old 09-06-2011, 11:40 AM

thats sounds awful linda!! what exactly did you do to get glass into your hands!!??!! poor thing!! that's dreadful!!
are you able to get them out? what can be done about that? sounds very sore & nippy!!
i hope things get better soon for you!!
Old 09-06-2011, 12:20 PM

Changing a light bulb in July, got lots of little shards in index finger. Have had it debrided once, but other little bits have travelled. Is absolutely no fun at all. I thin they should ban glass light bulbs. When the break, it's into very tiny little pices, almost too small to see.
Old 09-07-2011, 07:57 AM

Hello Ladies, I'm sorry to have been MIA for a while. I have been having medical issues. My doctors really don't know what is going on with my lungs. I guess they are still practicing on me. Maybe some day they will get it figured out. One says COPD, another says pulmonary hypertension, and another says asthma and congestive heart failure. All I know is that I feel like crap all the time and have no energy to do much of anything except sew, but I have to be home to do that and I have been running up and down the highway to Reno, 240 miles each way, to see yet another doctor with a different diagnoses. Hope to get to sew today. The board had quit notifying me of new posts on this thread. I'm glad I caught up with all of you.