Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Eager Beavers Chat and photos >

Eager Beavers Chat and photos

Eager Beavers Chat and photos

Old 10-27-2011, 08:21 AM

Dayle, you are so lucky to have Herman to create such wonderful things for you. I noticed the pictures are of two different ones because the handles on the top are different. Tell Herman I said "Bravo", great job. Between the two of you have you ever tracked how many volunteer hours you do in a year? I bet even you would be amazed. It is so nice that you take the time to give back to the community. I find it very rewarding when I spend time at the hospital volunteering.
I have been looking for ideas for the fruit/veg row but nothing solid in plans as yet. And the flowers and trees row is sorta planned, but I have to wait to see the colors in the rest of the quilt before I cut the pieces for the flowers.
It seems like this Row Robin is taking forever. The 1st one we did took less than 4 months from start to finish for all 5 quilts. It has been 8 months and this one is in such a state that I am really concerned that I won't even get my original row back let alone a finished top.
I don't know what happened, or how it can be fixed because I see all the other posts and other work being done on other swaps and wonder where our rows are in the mix. But then again, patience is not my strong suite, hence the Early Bird/Eager Beaver label.
Originally Posted by RNUNU
Got myself "buried" around here lately, which is nothing new for me! We (our Lions Club) finished Eye Screening and Hearing Tests for all the Elementary Schools (public and private schools) here in Twin Falls --- 2,155 students. Then had to get the house lined-up and ready to host The Quilting Spuds (my mini quilting group) gathering last Saturday for a Pot-Luck Luncheon. Meanwhile Herman was making a Turntable Thread Spool Holder for me, so I could have it for "Show'N Tell" at the gathering. (Someone on QB posted pictures of one similar that her DH made for her.) We were also on the committee to plan our Lions Club's 76th Birthday Dinner & Party (which was held last night at the Country Club) and I made a "Car Litter-Bag" with matching "Seat Belt Covers" from upholstery samples for a Raffle Prize. We are "smack-dab" in the middle of a Garage/Yard Sale to take place on Friday & Saturday (today is dedicated to arranging, pricing and making signs for it).

Believe it or not ..... I do have Linda's Row #5 - "Baskets w/ Fruits" all cut out and ready to sew (they've been "winking" at me through all this). When I get this row done for her ... she will only have Row #6 - "Trees and Flowers" to be made and her quilt will be on it's way back home to her.

I am posting pictures of the "Turntable - Thread Spool Holder" that Herman made. :) :) :thumbup:

Dayle
Old 10-27-2011, 08:29 AM

This is an interesting thread.
Since I am a "Beaver believer" I thought perhaps someone was from Beaverton High School in Beaverton, Oregon, or Oregon State University, Oregon.
Just made Musical fabric Christmas stockings for New England Jazz BanjoFest.
Old 10-27-2011, 08:35 AM

Jacquie,
OMG, you have really been busy. No wonder you have not been working on AOTH! Did you say you made 20 for each block swap? WOW, they are all very interesting. the moose is so cute, maybe cute is not the right adjective but I really like the block. I will be interested to see what you decide to do with them after the swap and you have time to put them together. Oh my I just had an idea, the next swap we do should be a swap where we send out our UFO's to be sashed, bordered, quilted, and bound. That way when they send it back it is finished and off the UFO list.....wonder how many would sign up for that swap? Hehehehe... :thumbup: :thumbup: :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol:
Originally Posted by jacquie
lovely items patti!
i've been getting on with my swap blocks whenever time allows!
i have just 14 'snow shoe' blocks left to do now for the 'winter vacation' block swap...
here are the others that went not long ago too, the 'ivy leaves' for the 'christmas' block swap and 'elk' block the 'lodge/cabin/ Northwoods' block swap...
i've had to make 20 of each...very time consuming! but worth it! :)
Old 10-27-2011, 08:57 AM

Look closely Patti ..... There "are not - two different handles", the cat with a mouse swinging from it's tail is a figure sitting on the shelf, that is attached to the wall. --- Dayle

Originally Posted by pattis47
Dayle, you are so lucky to have Herman to create such wonderful things for you. I noticed the pictures are of two different ones because the handles on the top are different. Tell Herman I said "Bravo", great job. Between the two of you have you ever tracked how many volunteer hours you do in a year? I bet even you would be amazed. It is so nice that you take the time to give back to the community. I find it very rewarding when I spend time at the hospital volunteering.
I have been looking for ideas for the fruit/veg row but nothing solid in plans as yet. And the flowers and trees row is sorta planned, but I have to wait to see the colors in the rest of the quilt before I cut the pieces for the flowers.
It seems like this Row Robin is taking forever. The 1st one we did took less than 4 months from start to finish for all 5 quilts. It has been 8 months and this one is in such a state that I am really concerned that I won't even get my original row back let alone a finished top.
I don't know what happened, or how it can be fixed because I see all the other posts and other work being done on other swaps and wonder where our rows are in the mix. But then again, patience is not my strong suite, hence the Early Bird/Eager Beaver label.
Originally Posted by RNUNU
Got myself "buried" around here lately, which is nothing new for me! We (our Lions Club) finished Eye Screening and Hearing Tests for all the Elementary Schools (public and private schools) here in Twin Falls --- 2,155 students. Then had to get the house lined-up and ready to host The Quilting Spuds (my mini quilting group) gathering last Saturday for a Pot-Luck Luncheon. Meanwhile Herman was making a Turntable Thread Spool Holder for me, so I could have it for "Show'N Tell" at the gathering. (Someone on QB posted pictures of one similar that her DH made for her.) We were also on the committee to plan our Lions Club's 76th Birthday Dinner & Party (which was held last night at the Country Club) and I made a "Car Litter-Bag" with matching "Seat Belt Covers" from upholstery samples for a Raffle Prize. We are "smack-dab" in the middle of a Garage/Yard Sale to take place on Friday & Saturday (today is dedicated to arranging, pricing and making signs for it).

Believe it or not ..... I do have Linda's Row #5 - "Baskets w/ Fruits" all cut out and ready to sew (they've been "winking" at me through all this). When I get this row done for her ... she will only have Row #6 - "Trees and Flowers" to be made and her quilt will be on it's way back home to her.

I am posting pictures of the "Turntable - Thread Spool Holder" that Herman made. :) :) :thumbup:

Dayle
Old 10-27-2011, 09:25 AM

No, actually we are from all over the world. Just 6 ladies doing row robins and enjoying friendships, family, and memories past and present. We took our name because we are "over-achievers" and have a difficult time following those long drawn out time lines some of the swaps have. So a very wise woman who co-ordinated the 1st swap put us together and set us free to sew as quickly as we liked. We completed the original 12 month project in less than 4 months and decided to do another since we had plenty of time, The original 5 decided to add another to make it 6 and we were off with a new "View from My Window" project. This one has not gone as smoothly, but I hope all will end well. Thanks for dropping in and please stay in touch. What projects are you currently working on? We love pictures as you can see. Feel free to post what you are working on.
Originally Posted by LadyElisabeth
This is an interesting thread.
Since I am a "Beaver believer" I thought perhaps someone was from Beaverton High School in Beaverton, Oregon, or Oregon State University, Oregon.
Just made Musical fabric Christmas stockings for New England Jazz BanjoFest.
Old 10-27-2011, 07:02 PM

I have NOT been getting my notifications about this thread lately!! I hate that when it happens. I luckly check in every now and then. I'm playing "catch up" with all of you now. Dayle, the thread holder is wonderful. You are so lucky that Herman can and does do nice work like that and you get the benefit of it. Oh course, he gets the benefit of your wonderful quilts too, I'm sure.
Patti, I do have to agree with you that some times it seems like I'll never see my "view" again and that makes me sad. For several reasons this RR just isn't moving very well. I hope it gets going again soon. I miss my view.
Lady Elizabeth, I used to live in Lake Oswego and loved Oregon. I live in Maine now ( kind of went Portland to Portland! ) and I love it here too, but must admit that the weather there was more to my liking with less variations. And the hiking is just wonderful there.
Jacquie, it sounds like you have quite a full plate right now! New granddaughter,a wedding to plan and as always a lot of sewing!!! Take care of yourself.
I just posted the memory quilt I told you about that is for the 4 year old that lost her mom this spring. You can see it under "memory quilt for a 4 year old".
Old 10-27-2011, 08:11 PM

Joan,
I just went to look for it and I dont see it. Will you post a link? Please!

Originally Posted by maine ladybug
I have NOT been getting my notifications about this thread lately!! I hate that when it happens. I luckly check in every now and then. I'm playing "catch up" with all of you now. Dayle, the thread holder is wonderful. You are so lucky that Herman can and does do nice work like that and you get the benefit of it. Oh course, he gets the benefit of your wonderful quilts too, I'm sure.
Patti, I do have to agree with you that some times it seems like I'll never see my "view" again and that makes me sad. For several reasons this RR just isn't moving very well. I hope it gets going again soon. I miss my view.
Lady Elizabeth, I used to live in Lake Oswego and loved Oregon. I live in Maine now ( kind of went Portland to Portland! ) and I love it here too, but must admit that the weather there was more to my liking with less variations. And the hiking is just wonderful there.
Jacquie, it sounds like you have quite a full plate right now! New granddaughter,a wedding to plan and as always a lot of sewing!!! Take care of yourself.
I just posted the memory quilt I told you about that is for the 4 year old that lost her mom this spring. You can see it under "memory quilt for a 4 year old".
Old 10-27-2011, 08:38 PM

Sure. I don't know why you couldn't find it, but here it is.

http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-163798-1.htm
Old 10-27-2011, 08:40 PM

Here's the link to the memory quilt.
It's just beautiful. What a lovely thing to do.
quiltingboard.com/t-163798-1.htm
Old 10-27-2011, 08:44 PM

Thanks, Lindyline. It took me a while to decide how to do it especially since I used some of the mother's clothes. As soon as she saw it she said "Grandpa and Mommy". She seemed to really love the pictures on it.