Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Eager Beavers Chat and photos >

Eager Beavers Chat and photos

Eager Beavers Chat and photos

Old 04-07-2011, 08:55 AM

Joan, your row is just wonderful!!! they 'sit' perfectly together you photo's and choice of fabrics!! just beautiful!! what a clever idea!
your photo's make your 'view' sew much more personal as 'you' took the pics! very very clever. i really like it!

i'm very sorry Patti that you lost your father at such a young age. i had a real lump in my throat reading your post... i love my Dad to bits an would hate to have gone through what you did. very sorry. i hope you still have lots of lovely memories though, that have travelled with you throughout your life.
god bless, love jacquie xxxx
Old 04-09-2011, 09:01 AM

Well, so much for my week of sewing on retreat. My son broke his leg on Thursday night and had surgery to repair it yesterday. He may come home today or tomorrow and will be non weight bearing for several weeks ( crutches )so he'll need my help. My friends are all there sewing away.... Oh well, life gets in the way of sewing some times.
Old 04-09-2011, 10:42 AM

How well I found out last night. My plan was to work on my "VIEW", got a phone call that my grandson was on the way to hospital for CT Scan of the head, he was hurt at school in gym. It took hours for the tests and results, but as my granddaughter put it, "They didnt find anything in his head, so how is he so smart if he doesnt have a brain?" After we all laughed, we were relieved it was a concussion and nothing more serious since he complained of pain in his legs below the knees. First thought was spinal injury and of course worst case paralaysis. He is much better this morning, still complaining of headache, but they said that could last for several days.
You know I was on my way, as soon as I hung up the phone.
IT takes about 2 hrs in traffic, but was only a 90 minute drive. I think the speedometer may have been just a little off yesterday.....Happy to report all is well. talk with everyone next week. Time to spoil him. He has already put in his order for dinner tonight and breakfast in the morning. He knows I love to cook for them and he indulges my pleasures.

Joan, I hope your son will do well with your help. A mom can always make it better.
Originally Posted by maine ladybug
Well, so much for my week of sewing on retreat. My son broke his leg on Thursday night and had surgery to repair it yesterday. He may come home today or tomorrow and will be non weight bearing for several weeks ( crutches )so he'll need my help. My friends are all there sewing away.... Oh well, life gets in the way of sewing some times.
Old 04-09-2011, 10:55 AM

Originally Posted by pattis47
How well I found out last night. My plan was to work on my "VIEW", got a phone call that my grandson was on the way to hospital for CT Scan of the head, he was hurt at school in gym. It took hours for the tests and results, but as my granddaughter put it, "They didnt find anything in his head, so how is he so smart if he doesnt have a brain?" After we all laughed, we were relieved it was a concussion and nothing more serious since he complained of pain in his legs below the knees. First thought was spinal injury and of course worst case paralaysis. He is much better this morning, still complaining of headache, but they said that could last for several days.
You know I was on my way, as soon as I hung up the phone.
IT takes about 2 hrs in traffic, but was only a 90 minute drive. I think the speedometer may have been just a little off yesterday.....Happy to report all is well. talk with everyone next week. Time to spoil him. He has already put in his order for dinner tonight and breakfast in the morning. He knows I love to cook for them and he indulges my pleasures.

Joan, I hope your son will do well with your help. A mom can always make it better.
Originally Posted by maine ladybug
The best laid plans...
I'm sure your GS will love having his favorite meals and I too try to do that for them when they need the extra attention.
Thanks and good luck to you too.
Old 04-09-2011, 01:01 PM

omgoodness joan!!
'it never rains, but, it pours'!!!!!

your poor son! this will drive him nuts!!
my dad was in plaster a couple of years ago few months... he had his 'Achilles tendon' snapped at a Ceilidh. some chap kicked the back of his heel during a dance! these dances can be wild, people flying around everywhere!

that's such a shame you missed your sewing!!! were you booked into a sewing weekend some place?? awww bless :)

well, we've all had a brilliant day!!!
we had our baby shower for Rachael & Ben today, and ohh! what a great time we had!!
there were a total of around 30 people in the house,
and we played 4 games which were very successful...

here's what we played...
1) guess how many sweets in the giant baby bottle... (which there were 573!!!),
2) whose that baby?? (everyone brought a baby photo, we had to match the name to the picture)
3) what is the baby food? (10 jars of Heinz baby food, 5 savoury, 5 sweet) YUKKKK!!!!! i think i put rachael off EVER buying 'bought' baby food!!! GOOD!!! LOL...
4) safety pin game, (who ever says the word 'baby' loses their safety pin. person with the most safety pins, wins...)

lots of lovely food, lovely company, and all in all, we really had a lovely time!!
the weather came out beautifully for us, so we were able to open up all the doors and windows and use the garden too! such lovely sunny weather!!! unbelievable!!!
what a wonderful day! and the first baby shower any of us have probably ever encountered.

after lots of tidying, we're finally sitting down with our feet up and i'm enjoying a nice, well deserved glass of wine!!

i hope you've all had a great day too!!! and lovely weather to match!!
love jacquie xxxxxx
Old 04-09-2011, 02:27 PM

Holy Smokes ..... between Patti - Joan & Jacquie ..... there isn't too much left to say, than can top what all of you have going on in your lives, right now!

"ALL THREE OF YOU" ..... sit down - put your feet up - take a deep breath. (That shot of fresh air clears the mind sometimes!) Patti and Joan got you our prayers on this end for both of you .... and Jacquie, sounds like a good night's rest will do wonders for you.

--- Dayle
Old 04-09-2011, 04:49 PM

Originally Posted by RNUNU
Holy Smokes ..... between Patti - Joan & Jacquie ..... there isn't too much left to say, than can top what all of you have going on in your lives, right now!

"ALL THREE OF YOU" ..... sit down - put your feet up - take a deep breath. (That shot of fresh air clears the mind sometimes!) Patti and Joan got you our prayers on this end for both of you .... and Jacquie, sounds like a good night's rest will do wonders for you.

--- Dayle
Thanks Dayle. As was said, "when it rains, it pours". I'm ready for my life to get boring any time it wants to!! I told my sister today that I think it's someone elses turn next, I'm getting tired.
My son is still in the hospital ( they didn't let him come home to day because he's in too much pain.) They think he'll be ready tomorrow.
I am missing my annual week up north at a quilting retreat. I don't mind missing it, but of course it's already paid for and I hate losing that money. Family is more important of course, but it is hard to lose it.
Hopefully everything will turn out okay for my son with time and that is what really matters to me.
Jacquie, it soulnds like you had a wonderful day! I'm so happy for you and your family. When is the baby due? I'm sure you all are waiting to see her and getting excited. I wish you all great happiness.
Old 04-13-2011, 02:26 AM

well, Rachael & Ben came round here for dinner yesterday, and GOSH!!! she's getting big!!!!!
i got out a picture of me carrying my first baby to show her! i was 1 month further on than her in the picture (8 mths), but she's even bigger!!! she's got 8 weeks left to go!!! (32wks)
she's starting to panic a little at the size of her bump, and the thought of having to 'deliver'.
awwwww blessssss... she'll do fine, i'm sure :)
it must be scary though to a young lass during her first pregnancy...
it's all worth it though! isn't it!!!
:) :) :)
Old 04-13-2011, 02:29 AM

Jacquie, I was hinking this myself not so long ago. We have 3 grandchildren, and it seems the younger generation think everything will be easy. They don't quite get that if you work harder for it, the gain seems so much sweeter.
I'm sure Rachel and baby will do just fine. Sometimes with all the do's and don'ts of pregnancy, I wonder how we managed, let alone the generations before us.
Old 04-14-2011, 02:44 PM

have we any more pictures of Row's in progress???:?: :?: :?:

we're not seeing many photos here!!!
i'd love to see what everyone else is doing:!: :!:
come on, share time!!!!
:) :) :) :) :)