Eager Beavers Chat and photos

Old 04-15-2011, 04:41 PM

Originally Posted by jacquie
have we any more pictures of Row's in progress???:?: :?: :?:

we're not seeing many photos here!!!
i'd love to see what everyone else is doing:!: :!:
come on, share time!!!!
:) :) :) :) :)
Yes, I'd love to see some pictures too. You have all seen mine so let's see yours please!
Old 04-16-2011, 01:52 PM

wow joan!
i LOVE your avatar!!!!!! beautiful!!
and i have a feeling boopers is going to adore it!!! lol...
Old 04-16-2011, 02:09 PM

Hmm, pics, now that's a problem. I still haven't done much more. Bought more fusible webbing at the quilt convention yesterday, so now I can fuse to my hearts content. All I have to do is organise what it will be. The ideas are still there, I just need the time to execute them. Doesn't help that every time I get the time, and motivation the DH gets another kidney stone. Not only that, but the one year old DGS is in ospital with asthma. And over here, they don't like to diagnose it in children under 3.Go figure.I too am more than ready for someone else to have a turn. We have a very politicall incorrect saying over here, when something goes wrong, I must have killed a chinaman. Well in my scase, I reckon the while entire nation is wiped out!!!
Cheers
Old 04-16-2011, 04:17 PM

Jacquie, You are sew right. Love Joan's new avatar. I really like your's also. But who am I kidding, I like most of them.
Old 04-16-2011, 05:53 PM

Originally Posted by Boopers
Jacquie, You are sew right. Love Joan's new avatar. I really like your's also. But who am I kidding, I like most of them.
Well, I must say that I love your avatars too!
Mine is the silk quilt I made a couple of years ago and it hangs in my sewing room right now. I love the jewel tones in it. It even made the cover of a local magazine here.
Old 04-17-2011, 02:15 AM

Originally Posted by maine ladybug
Originally Posted by Boopers
Well, I must say that I love your avatars too!
Mine is the silk quilt I made a couple of years ago and it hangs in my sewing room right now. I love the jewel tones in it. It even made the cover of a local magazine here.
WOW JOAN!!!
well done!!!!! that's fabulous news!! i really love the quilt!!!! silk, you say? OMGoodness! Gorgeous!!!!!! i'm drooling!!!

Boopers, i agree, the avatars are lovely to look at, and a great idea!! i think it's nice to change them every so often. mine is one of the blocks i've just done for the new sew along on here, starting in june i think. the 'Affairs of the Heart Cyber-Sew 2011'. there are some stunning blocks on show already!!

Linda!! sorry to hear about the depleting numbers of china-men over in Oz! how about i send you some 'Lucky White Heather'!!!! it sounds like you could do with some!! lol...
i hope the family recover ASAP! no fun at all when everyone is under parr!! i wish you DGS well, when they are at that age they don't understand whats going on, which makes it all that bit harder for everyone. bless him! give him a big hug from all of us... little darling!!
Old 04-17-2011, 02:34 AM

I gave little Tate a big hug from all this afternoon, but I must say he wasn't very appreciative. And to top off my day DH has been fine up until I went to cook tea, and is now suffering again.AAArrrggghhhh!!!!!
Ok I feel better now. ?I think I really need that "Lucky Whit Heather"you were talking about.
Well time to go sew some more Shrine. Have almost completed the sewing on block # 1. Bought more fusible webbing yesterday at the quilt convention, so now I can go whip up blocks 2 - 4.
Saw some beautiful quilts, but was not allowed to take pics, although there were some there doing just that.
Really interesting to see a quilt I stole my last IRR border from, hanging up right next to the quilt I'm stealing the next border from. Eerie actually. Butman were they gorgeous.
Old 04-17-2011, 09:11 AM

Just wanted you to know I posted my retreat challenge quilts under pictures if you would like to see it. Title is Log Cabin Challenge.
Old 04-17-2011, 01:30 PM

wow joan!!
i left you a pm there... it's truly gorgeous!!!!
you must be very very proud to own it!! and also state that you created it!!! i certainly would be!! it's beautiful!!!!
well done!!!
Old 04-17-2011, 01:47 PM

I love making up my own patterns. Even if I buy a pattern I try to change it just a bit, to make it feel more like it's mine. Of course, I'm not always able to do that, but I try.