Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Early Bird Threads - 2011 Row Robin Group 1 >

Early Bird Threads - 2011 Row Robin Group 1

Early Bird Threads - 2011 Row Robin Group 1

Old 02-05-2011, 02:51 PM

Got sewing machine problems here .... it's knocked the wind out of my sails!!!
I finished the scrapbook project for our Lions Club .... next day Joan's Row Robin arrived and got fabric/patterns, etc. lined up and ready to roll. I have a Pfaff 7530 sewing machine that was in being repaired (A "long-time" being repaired.) .... have had a loaner machine, I had been using for many months. My "repaired" machine was returned to me, in the middle of the scrapbooking project. Late Thursday night ... getting ready to sew and and I couldn't get my machine to work (computer board went out) .... I had a little machine here, to be considered for traveling in our trailer, tried it and guess what ???? ... not considering it any longer! All this trama went down in 24 hours and all day yesterday I was so depressed (close to tears).
However .... DH (Herman) is taking matters into his hands .... Monday he is buying me a new sewing machine. Waiting until Monday -- when owner of the Sewing Machine Shop (a personal friend and also a member of our Lions Club) is at the shop.
Old 02-05-2011, 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by RNUNU
I finished the scrapbook project for our Lions Club .... next day Joan's Row Robin arrived and got fabric/patterns, etc. lined up and ready to roll. I have a Pfaff 7530 sewing machine that was in being repaired (A "long-time" being repaired.) .... have had a loaner machine, I had been using for many months. My "repaired" machine was returned to me, in the middle of the scrapbooking project. Late Thursday night ... getting ready to sew and and I couldn't get my machine to work (computer board went out) .... I had a little machine here, to be considered for traveling in our trailer, tried it and guess what ???? ... not considering it any longer! All this trama went down in 24 hours and all day yesterday I was so depressed (close to tears).
However .... DH (Herman) is taking matters into his hands .... Monday he is buying me a new sewing machine. Waiting until Monday -- when owner of the Sewing Machine Shop (a personal friend and also a member of our Lions Club) is at the shop.
I guess the saying is right..."When it rains, it pours!" Sounds like you've really had it with all that has happened. How wonderful though that your DH is going to get you a new machine. I hope things will be looking up after that!!
Old 02-05-2011, 03:11 PM

Originally Posted by maine ladybug
I guess the saying is right..."When it rains, it pours!" Sounds like you've really had it with all that has happened. How wonderful though that your DH is going to get you a new machine. I hope things will be looking up after that!!
THANX - Joan
Old 02-05-2011, 05:41 PM

Dayle, OMGoodness!!!

i really feel for you!! your DH is certainly your 'night in shining armour'!!!
tell him from us, he's a WONDERFUL, WONDERFUL MAN!!! :)
:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

i have to admit, the fact that machines are now computerised, does really scare me a lot!! i have a toyota that my D Parents bought me for my 21st, (all those moon's ago) which is mechanical, and i would never part with it!! for that reason.

but hey! lucky you, off to 'play' with a whole new bunch of Singer's on monday!! bliss!! lol
i hope you have a lovely time, and pick a real beauty!!
what are you going to call her??? lol...
herman won't see you for days after you get 'her' home!! he'll be bringing in food parcels for you lol :) (would do if it were me lmao)

our 'hopeful viewing' turned out to be not so hopeful. but, we had another viewing today, and we have a re-viewing tomorrow!!
:shock: oooohhhh!!!! DH took the call, so i'm not sure which previous viewers they are... but that HAS to be good news! cross 'everything' again girls!!
i'm going to organise a viewing for us for a place i've had my eye on, on the web for a 'wee' while. i hope that isn't tempting fate too much!!!

we're off to visit DD2 & her fiance tomorrow, she's sorted the nursery, so i just HAVE to go and see!!!! (cluck cluck cluck!!!) lol...

have a great sunday tomorrow, BFN, love jacquie xxxxx
Old 02-05-2011, 06:53 PM

Sorry to hear about the problems with your machine. However, it does seem that we have Herman hooked on this swap also. I think it is wonderful that he shows so much interest in our project and in your passion

Originally Posted by maine ladybug
Old 02-06-2011, 02:04 AM

i agree!!
Herman!! your'e a diamond!!!

my DH can barely pull his eyes away from the football to take a look at what i've been doing while he was away!!

i'm positive, while i talk him through the pics all he hears is;
"blah, blah, blah, blah, blah", rather than "dolly rachael, USA native birds, tea pots & pansies"... then i hear a cheer from him as some footballer scores a goal!!

:shock: shock!! doesn't he realise this is QUILTING i'm talking about!!!!!

i don't know!!
Herman!! explain to the guy!! lol...

Dayle, i think you should post us all another 'A block' from Herman!! material theme = wood grain :)
lmao... seriously!!!! that would be amazing!! the 6th member of the 'early bird threads' lol...
wonderful chap!!!
Old 02-06-2011, 06:19 AM

Post Office says that the rows package was delivered to you yesterday ( SAT ). Just checking with you to make sure you got it, Pattis47.
Old 02-06-2011, 08:12 AM

I certainly agree.......if I were queen, I would Knight him, but since I am not, I can only make him our honorary Knight in Shining Armor and the 6th member of the Early Birds. I would love to see more of his woodworking projects.

Originally Posted by jacquie
i agree!!
Herman!! your'e a diamond!!!

my DH can barely pull his eyes away from the football to take a look at what i've been doing while he was away!!

i'm positive, while i talk him through the pics all he hears is;
"blah, blah, blah, blah, blah", rather than "dolly rachael, USA native birds, tea pots & pansies"... then i hear a cheer from him as some footballer scores a goal!!

:shock: shock!! doesn't he realise this is QUILTING i'm talking about!!!!!

i don't know!!
Herman!! explain to the guy!! lol...

Dayle, i think you should post us all another 'A block' from Herman!! material theme = wood grain :)
lmao... seriously!!!! that would be amazing!! the 6th member of the 'early bird threads' lol...
wonderful chap!!!
Old 02-06-2011, 08:34 AM

Joan,
I received the package, actually my neighbor had it until this morning. I was away yesterday when the mailman delivered and he knows to leave packages with her. Then she and her family were away last evening when I got home. When I read your post, I called her and she had her son bring it right over.
My favorite quilt shop is having a SuperBowl party this afternoon with 20% off, so me and the box are getting ready to go shopping. I know I will "need" something..... :lol: :lol: :lol: .

Dayle, with your permission I will display our project for a few hours this afternoon at the shop. Do you want the ladies to sign your journal?
Old 02-06-2011, 09:58 AM

patti, i at least vote for you to take dayles project, i think the ladies would LOVE to see the toys from the row robin!! and i'm sure dayle would agree to it being displayed!!
is dayle is displeased, she can tell me off lol... i have broad shoulders, i can take it! lol.. living in 'rufty tufty' scotland lmao...